Quantcast

¿¿¿¿sunday gfmt????

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Yes, but think of how much easier your next ride would be. I always feel extra Hanz und Franz on a local trail after an all day Pisgah epic. Come on, get you some type 2 fun.
Nah. Just nah. I'm good with my current setup. Legal, check. More fun for the time on the bike, check. Now if only BLM and USFS land were legit...

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Yes, but think of how much easier your next ride would be. I always feel extra Hanz und Franz on a local trail after an all day Pisgah epic. Come on, get you some type 2 fun.
interesting...i find the local trails i prefer to be as taxing, if not more, than pisgah. it's the difference between lots of quick ups and downs and grinding up a fire road for 5 miles and then bombing the funz. i'd say a local 10 miles (1200' climbing)is equal to about 20 (3500' climbing) in the mountains in terms of how i feel at the end of the ride.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
There sure are lots of Police in my neighborhood tonight. The clouds wafting in from the nearby demonstrations are kind of alarming. We have battened down the hatches here. I worry about my neighbors in times like this. I put up pallets to block off my alley. Shit is not cool. Access to the expressway is blocked off. So even if I wanted to get out of here I cannot.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
interesting...i find the local trails i prefer to be as taxing, if not more, than pisgah. it's the difference between lots of quick ups and downs and grinding up a fire road for 5 miles and then bombing the funz. i'd say a local 10 miles (1200' climbing)is equal to about 20 (3500' climbing) in the mountains in terms of how i feel at the end of the ride.
That's because you ride a long travel bike. And they are notorious for being slow on trails in the flats. A trail in GSO would take an hour and thirteen minutes on my old SX-Trail where as on a five inch trail bike it could be done under thirty minutes. On a big bike you can settle into a slow grind up a fire road, but takes way more effort to ride the local stuff.

Riding a long travel bike cross country doesn't do much for your overall cardio fitness. Will definitely make your legs strong though.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
The State Police just swooped in and locked everything down. RPD has lost control again... Chemical smell is tangible.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
That's because you ride a long travel bike. And they are notorious for being slow on trails in the flats. A trail in GSO would take an hour and thirteen minutes on my old SX-Trail where as on a five inch trail bike it could be done under thirty minutes. On a big bike you can settle into a slow grind up a fire road, but takes way more effort to ride the local stuff.

Riding a long travel bike cross country doesn't do much for your overall cardio fitness. Will definitely make your legs strong though.
stop trying to ruin my one bike life, man!!!

i'll be thinking of ya on the woodruff/21-schoolhouse ride tomorrow! :brows: bottom of woodruff (aka the best camping spot in wilsons) at 10 if you want to join!

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006

i'll be thinking of ya on the woodruff/21-schoolhouse ride tomorrow! :brows: bottom of woodruff (aka the best camping spot in wilsons) at 10 if you want to join!
Haven't been to either Pisgah this year...rub it in...:shakefist:

Oh those trails, yeah didn't they get re worked or turned into rockless, no roots, bobsled run ?

j/k have fun

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Haven't been to either Pisgah this year...rub it in...:shakefist:

Oh those trails, yeah didn't they get re worked or turned into rockless, no roots, bobsled run ?

j/k have fun
hah! yes, woodruff got some drainage work. best part is that all the downed trees are cleared. today we actually hiked up it and they did cut a stupid new entrance right at the top. i'll take the old one. 21 got some love but it was always one of the mellower trails up there. the jumps had turned into bumps and are now jumpy again. the bottom of schoolhouse and yancey are both due for re-routes, but that hasn't happened yet. i wish they'd prioritize the mark's mountain trail, which is new and would be an actual trail from roughly the top of the roseboro climb to somewhere towards the end of the mst near the beacon/yancey intersection. new trail is always the best trail!

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
hah! yes, woodruff got some drainage work. best part is that all the downed trees are cleared. today we actually hiked up it and they did cut a stupid new entrance right at the top. i'll take the old one. 21 got some love but it was always one of the mellower trails up there. the jumps had turned into bumps and are now jumpy again. the bottom of schoolhouse and yancey are both due for re-routes, but that hasn't happened yet. i wish they'd prioritize the mark's mountain trail, which is new and would be an actual trail from roughly the top of the roseboro climb to somewhere towards the end of the mst near the beacon/yancey intersection. new trail is always the best trail!
Which trail had the ditches that were completely unridable, even by MotoMike ?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Which trail had the ditches that were completely unridable, even by MotoMike ?
they were still rideable...just barely...if you liked bar-deep trenches and hucking off ledges into holes. it was/is schoolhouse, and was only maybe 50 total yards total of the final part. they could easily fix it, but will re-route instead. we've been riding an offshoot to the right called severed elbow. fast, not super gnar, spits you out near the last bridge before the climb outta edgemont.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Asshole with a Bull Horn has been shut down. 4am. helicopter went away. Chemical smell still pretty bad. I think it is over...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

I went back to riding a 120mm bike for local (read flat) trails and am much happier for it