Quantcast

¿¿¿ is it a tuesday GMT???

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Tell them the C&D doesn't exist and ask them for proof of documents. If they push back on you claiming it's not their responsibility and you need to prove it doesn't exist or provide said non-existent documents, tell them you will file a claim with CFPB if they do not handle it promptly. That's like lighting a flame thrower under their ass. Most financial companies want nothing to do with the CFPB.
It's not in my name, but that was my response. "Show me or STFU". I also said refi guy can earn his $50 and get it, he has all the info. See what happens.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Because I have them at my disposal, and for the most part can do what I want with them. Have time available to dick around in the lab? Do it myself. Too busy to do it myself? Have one of the guys in my group do it for me.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So the last thing yesterday was an email would come today that didn't. The wife called and was told of course no email because C&D, so name dropped and was assured a callback from manager within an hour, this will be done today.

Thanks @stoney for the insight.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
That's a good question. The wife is calling the folks who cash the check, so they should be able to provide proof of the checks they have cashed. But again, I am not on this loan and have not tried to deal with folks.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I need a permit to use a camera at work. Of which I have a job specific one. Taking pictures without a permit or posting any permited pictures without authorization will win you a trip to the unemployment line.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
It's almost as if we all work in different industries and/or companies with different policies or something.

A couple years ago someone got caught stealing prototype devices and selling them on ebay. I'm sure that's universally grounds for termination no matter where you work. :rofl:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
There are obviously policies and procedures in place to protect proprietary information and other aspects of IP within the global corporate structure. But overall they are far less strict than I imagine policies for other industries are, such as pharmaceutical, defense industry, etc.

Overall, if you use general common sense you are fine. Which is sometimes easier said than done.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It's almost as if we all work in different industries and/or companies with different policies or something.

A couple years ago someone got caught stealing prototype devices and selling them on ebay. I'm sure that's universally grounds for termination no matter where you work. :rofl:

I have had two coworkers from two different companies get dinged for dowloading a bunch of data from the company servers. The got a serveilence warrant on one guy and he got caught trying to sell the data to a competitor, he got convicted of industrial espionage. Not sure what happened to the other guy beyond security hauling him away from his desk.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I have had two coworkers from two different companies get dinged for dowloading a bunch of data from the company servers. The got a serveilence warrant on one guy and he got caught trying to sell the data to a competitor, he got convicted of industrial espionage. Not sure what happened to the other guy beyond security hauling him away from his desk.
Hence the "common sense" statement.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
There was a guy at Intel that stuffed his lunchbox twice a shift with CPU's that he was selling in Asia. A new guy in security searched his lunch, nobody searched at lunch, just before and after shift. 2 lunches for 12 hour shifts. First gen Pentium 90's in '94, he got industrial espionage.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
^^ At that point they were ripping off my company's IP, I think we got about $300m out of them.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So lender called back, they have no record of the C&D (shocker), said it will be off in 24hrs. She will email a statement first thing tomorrow and will follow up with a call to make sure it was received.

@stoney was spot on about that name drop, wow. Be glad to be done with this mess.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
There was a guy at Intel that stuffed his lunchbox twice a shift with CPU's that he was selling in Asia. A new guy in security searched his lunch, nobody searched at lunch, just before and after shift. 2 lunches for 12 hour shifts. First gen Pentium 90's in '94, he got industrial espionage.
a former coworker told me a story once that at one of his prior jobs (for a smaller company), he was in china overseeing the start of manufacturing of their product there (this was a contract manufacturer, not a site owned by the company). it was his first visit and he was getting a tour. he happened to be going down a hall, and in a room that happened to have its door opened, he peered inside and saw his company's product being, shall we say "inspected" by a team that wasn't assigned to his company. he didn't say anything immediately, but excused himself during lunch and made some phone calls to the US home office. less than 24 hours later a portion of the US team was on the ground in China pulling everything they owned (ie design IP) from the factory; turns out the manufacturer was illegally trying to copy it to undercut the US brand (Chinese regulations require product for the Chinese market to be manufactured there, and they have notoriously lax IP laws).