Quantcast

¿¿¿ is it friday GMT???

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Took today off. Mental health day.

Started riding a little later than I should have, didn't eat nor drink enough, COOKED in the sun, finished the climb and DH aaaaand then. bonked like a mother flower. Literally laying down in the grass trying to not die. FML I'm so dumb.

Recovered and ran into @Full Trucker just starting his climb. Beer & bbq afterward.

Best. Friday. Evar.
You know what? I didn’t even drink half that bottle of water.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Was feeling pretty good about my riding month and planned on a quick 20 miles this morning and a short trial ride this afternoon. Semi went over the rails along my planned route, the bike path was closed while a crane recovered the vehicle. I was forced to turn back and think of somewhere else to go. Yesterday I left a water bottle at a park bench so I went to retrieve it, after I found it I rode around town for another 3 hours. I was on the Serotta so not comfort issues. I stopped the Garmin at 41.5 miles and limped the last 2.5 home. I am gassed.

20200529_153641.jpg
20200529_154814.jpg

This is the point of impact, vehicle drove off the bluff just above the dam.

From across the river, crane and emergency vehicles. I could not see the semi and didn't yet know why the path was closed. I thought maybe a body recovery since they sometimes use cranes for the fat ones.
20200529_154814.jpg
20200529_125002.jpg

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Rode the full suspension bike for the first time in a while. It felt pretty wallowy but now that I no longer have the expectation for a bike to feel like a couch I jacked up the shock pressure about 15%. Really liked the results, felt supportive and poppy without being spine shattering.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Rode the full suspension bike for the first time in a while. It felt pretty wallowy but now that I no longer have the expectation for a bike to feel like a couch I jacked up the shock pressure about 15%. Really liked the results, felt supportive and poppy without being spine shattering.
Gotta be honest, I'm very much looking forward to being on the squishy bike again. Hardtail has been great and all, but God damn is it punishing through the chunk, of which there is lots around here.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Gotta be honest, I'm very much looking forward to being on the squishy bike again. Hardtail has been great and all, but God damn is it punishing through the chunk, of which there is lots around here.

I think it takes some pretty unique circumstances to make a hardtail fun. 160mm fork, aggressive geometry, smooth climb trails and steep descents are awesome. Thankfully that covers most of the stuff I ride out here. Technical descents are fine you just need to check your speed and ride the fork. Rolling terrain and can suck.

I have definitely become dependant in suspension so it is nice to get back to basics and work on core skills. It is making me a better rider.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I just did 61.9 mph on my gravel bike coming down Teton Pass. It may not be the fastest i have ever gone, but it felt damn smokin’. 38 file tread tires, Felt SO stable compared to 25’s or whatever. Top gear 11/48, but I don’t think that matters at those coasting speeds.

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
You wanna buy a Giant NRS? Sounds perfect for your newly acquired tastes.