Quantcast

¿¿¿ Is it Wednesday GMT???

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Afternoon Monkeys! Any day can be Saturday with the right financial planning, poor job performance or pandemic. The options are there, its just a matter selecting the one that is right for you. :thumb:

Looking to ride today, its gray, wet and humid. 85% humidity is high for the area.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Started to think about where to ride this afternoon, then the 20mph winds kicked in...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Bay area or socal?
Aptos. Arrive, pack car, turn around, drive home.

I'm currently in St. George, Utah and the vast majority of people don't have masks on nor are they respecting social distancing. I actively got dirty looks when I stopped in a few smaller towns for snacks, which o won't be doing on the way home.

There are currently 8 people easily over 60 within 40' of me sitting and eating dinner outside of In'n'Out while I wait to pick up mine. They are obviously not wearing masks. I went outside so as to not crowd inside, where people are hanging out waiting.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Aptos. Arrive, pack car, turn around, drive home.

I'm currently in St. George, Utah and the vast majority of people don't have masks on nor are they respecting social distancing. I actively got dirty looks when I stopped in a few smaller towns for snacks, which o won't be doing on the way home.

There are currently 8 people easily over 60 within 40' of me sitting and eating dinner outside of In'n'Out while I wait to pick up mine. They are obviously not wearing masks. I went outside so as to not crowd inside, where people are hanging out waiting.
Maybe this?

Southwest Utah Residents: 260 total confirmed cases, including:
  • 5 new cases
  • 173 recovered (13 new)
  • 4 currently hospitalized (+1)
  • 4 deaths (3-26-20, 4-23-20, 5-3-20, 5-18-20)
  • 9,711 tests performed (as of last report received, may not be current)
  • Washington County: 218 (4 new)
  • Iron County: 36 (1 new)
  • Kane County: 3
  • Beaver County: 0
  • Garfield County: 3

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
This chart puts UT near the top of the worst (7th)

MT is dead last / first but that ship will sail with mud season "ending" and out-of-state summer tourons/2nd home owners ramping up visitation:

1590076361277.png

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
This chart puts UT near the top of the worst (7th)

MT is dead last / first but that ship will sail with mud season "ending" and out-of-state summer tourons/2nd home owners ramping up visitation:

View attachment 145414
Esp since they're ending the 14-day quarantine requirement on June 1st. We are going to perform a tactical strike to get the eldest kid's shit from the University. You'll understand if we don't have time to hang out and drink, @Montana rider?

Also - middle kid will *also* be attending MSU in the fall... so 2 down... 1 to go. :thumb:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Esp since they're ending the 14-day quarantine requirement on June 1st. We are going to perform a tactical strike to get the eldest kid's shit from the University. You'll understand if we don't have time to hang out and drink, @Montana rider?

Also - middle kid will *also* be attending MSU in the fall... so 2 down... 1 to go. :thumb:
My friends kid who lied about getting into Harvard is going to MSU. Turns out he is no smarter than your crotch spawn. Tell them to avoid a tall kid named Camden.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005

No worries, I need to get cracking on the fixer-upper in Idahoozle but I may be around so do reach out if you find an open window and want to grab tacos (in a socially distant way...)

If you haven't been to La Tinga yet, it's more authentico than the campus/fusion Tacos Montes:

*Cash / carry out only at the moment I believe*

ETA: I understand when you have 3 children in a row at MSU you can start to build houses/hotels...
1590086703165.png

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
My friends kid who lied about getting into Harvard is going to MSU. Turns out he is no smarter than your crotch spawn. Tell them to avoid a tall kid named Camden.
Thanks for the heads-up. My crotch-spawn both were accepted at Colorado School of Mines, but both have decided that proximity to skiing is more important than a top-tier engineering degree (not that MSU's eng program isn't very good).

At this point, there is little question that they are genetically my kids... although the smarts thing must have come from my wife's side. :homer:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Thanks for the heads-up. My crotch-spawn both were accepted at Colorado School of Mines, but both have decided that proximity to skiing is more important than a top-tier engineering degree (not that MSU's eng program isn't very good).

At this point, there is little question that they are genetically my kids... although the smarts thing must have come from my wife's side. :homer:
is not the school of mines suicide rate off the chart.....or has that changed....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

I was able to afford skiing once while in college.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Bridger Bowl season pass is... somewhat "reasonable" up there. Eldest kid got a pass for his HS graduation last year from a group of our friends who went in together on that graduation gift for him.

He's gonna have to buy his own this year. :D
I don't think $750 ($700 for the college kids if book by 10/15) is somewhat reasonable.

I wish we had more competition (like Colorado ski hills) for skier days and the corresponding locals / ICON deals -- though I guess that's also why y'all have "lift lines."

I lost money last year when things shut down early (ie. you need 15 downhill to recoup your pass vs. a la carte) and will skip it this year, which is a bummer because my little guy actually LIKES skiing but $750 is like 1/4th of my N+1 budget

1590094149821.png

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
I don't think $750 ($700 for the college kids if book by 10/15) is somewhat reasonable.

I wish we had more competition (like Colorado ski hills) for skier days and the corresponding locals / ICON deals -- though I guess that's also why y'all have "lift lines."

I lost money last year when things shut down early (ie. you need 15 downhill to recoup your pass vs. a la carte) and will skip it this year, which is a bummer because my little guy actually LIKES skiing but $750 is like 1/4th of my N+1 budget

View attachment 145424
Oh, damn... wasn't it $600 for a college pass pre-season last year?

DAMN YOU BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR MONEY MACHINE!!! :D

ETA: Turns out it was $400 for him since he was still 18. Goddam kids!

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

View attachment 145424
This for a shitty NE mountain overrun by rich gapers.

1590098436472.png

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Traffic, crowds, lines and expensive lift tickets. Pretty sure I am done with resort skiing. Would like to get into backcountry but you just don't do that without a certain education.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Traffic, crowds, lines and expensive lift tickets. Pretty sure I am done with resort skiing. Would like to get into backcountry but you just don't do that without a certain education.
And even with the education the risks are still quite non-negligible.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
you prove my point.
39 degrees is certainly skiable, though, and that exists in-bounds. One could have fun at 30 degrees, sure, but to have above that be a danger? I'll stick to the crowds, costs, and patrol-blasted terrain.