Quantcast

¿¿¿ Sad Thursday ???

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
we're looking to adopt new kittens to replace our passed older cat...of course, you should adopt two and not just a solo kitten...OK. Of course, due the 'rona, nobody has any kittens to adopt. Of course, this is the perfect time to adopt and acclimate some kitties to our home and family. Of course, the local shelter has three 1.5yo cats that just came in yesterday... so we're probably going to adopt three cats.

in other news, I'm trying to plan timelines at work for something that I don't know will happen

and I'm trying to shop for a hybrid commuter bike for shuttling the little dude.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
awaiting to execute morning constitutional.....it has not come knocking yet.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Hmm. Installed solar panels on the van yesterday. Made a nice rack from aluminum and everything mounts up and fits. I dig the ford transit pre-installed roof bolt holes. Made it a breeze with no drilling.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I might have to do another grocery run today as wife is panicking again. Rubber gloves and N95, here we go. Gotta stop for beers, too.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Leave the N95's for those that need them (and you'll likely struggle to find any)

Instead go for this method:
I found an open bag of N95s in the basement, wore one today. More people are now taking it more seriously here.

Sanitation of the goods when back it home is a new challenge. I have the home divided into dirty and clean areas, with a UV-C lamp chamber as a buffer between them.

Riding friend died in an avalanche yesterday. Didn’t know him well, though.
Sorry.

Pizza for late lunch, then a ride this evening.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Sanitation of the goods when back it home is a new challenge. I have the home divided into dirty and clean areas, with a UV-C lamp chamber as a buffer between them.
Are you really that concerned? Then leave all your groceries sitting for a day or two before using them. I highly doubt that commercial UV lamps are strong enough to make more of an impact than sunlight. We sterilize and make plastic reaction tubes DNA free with a UV crosslinker in the lab. 15 mins of high energy UV leaves no DNA fragments long enough to be detected by PCR with a primer set that amplifies a 250 bp sequence.
If you do not touch your face after touching the groceries you should be fine.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning! I got my lazy ass out to the rail trail early this morning for my five mile run before it got overrun with waddlers and children. Then I did two hours on the bike trainer, which will hopefully be my last indoor ride for a while.

Since I can't get to the bakery this weekend (or the foreseeable future), I made my own. They came out great! I cook, but I never do any baking.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Are you really that concerned? Then leave all your groceries sitting for a day or two before using them. I highly doubt that commercial UV lamps are strong enough to make more of an impact than sunlight. We sterilize and make plastic reaction tubes DNA free with a UV crosslinker in the lab. 15 mins of high energy UV leaves no DNA fragments long enough to be detected by PCR with a primer set that amplifies a 250 bp sequence.
If you do not touch your face after touching the groceries you should be fine.
My county is in the explosive growth phase and people still do not give a crap here. Only about 1/3rd of people wore mask and 1/4 gloves in the store today. I see people in town do stupid shit. I see them congregate in large groups. I just started a new job. If I get sick for a few weeks, I am out (yay, Murica!) and finding a new gig is near impossible. My wife has been battling respiratory issues for over a year now and is @SkaredShtles . We have no close friends or family to assist us if shit hits the fan as everyone is in Yurp. Yeah, I am a bit paranoid about this shit.

I bought the UV-C bulb a few years ago to help with onset of mold growth in our non-ventilated bathroom. Since I already have it, why not used it?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
My county is in the explosive growth phase and people still do not give a crap here. Only about 1/3rd of people wore mask and 1/4 gloves in the store today. I see people in town do stupid shit. I see them congregate in large groups. I just started a new job. If I get sick for a few weeks, I am out (yay, Murica!) and finding a new gig is near impossible. My wife has been battling respiratory issues for over a year now and is @SkaredShtles . We have no close friends or family to assist us if shit hits the fan as everyone is in Yurp. Yeah, I am a bit paranoid about this shit.

I bought the UV-C bulb a few years ago to help with onset of mold growth in our non-ventilated bathroom. Since I already have it, why not used it?
Speaking of avoiding the pandemic, want to ride bikes tomorrow?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004

Come on, you're overreacting.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!