Quantcast

¿¿¿ what day is it gmt???

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. Gonna be a LONG work day. There is a decent chance I'll be here past midnight. Speaking of work, that job I spoke to the recruiter about has been filled before I even got to interview. Bummer, but the search will continue.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Super nice weather outside. Didn't feel great today plus I had the kids while wife was at work. Now I am suffering from cabin fever after not having done shit all day and only staying inside.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

The jerb search continues. And here I thought in a time of super low unemployment I'd find a job lickity split.

I suppose in the mean time I'll continue to plug away at the always present to-do list and see if I can check some items off.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all.

I am at work but have not started renumerative work yet. (Instead I'm cleaning up the protocol list--our fellows have been slacking this month, apparently so there are a bunch of MRI studies for which the protocol must be specified so that the techs and schedulers know what to do and how long to block off, respectively.)

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, it was something like 15 below last night, and my truck battery died. While I was dealing with that, the coffee maker shit the bed, and spilled an entire pot of coffee on the counters and in the cabinets. What’s next?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Admin is taking on about half of what I was supposed to do today. She kicks ass and I'm not looking forward to when we lose her to just the TX team. Oh well... Hopefully we get some input to our new CO based one.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Company just switched to unlimited vacation. Catch-22 situation where most people don't take enough time off, so I went in to Workday to make note of my current earned vacation time because of seniority. I will make sure that I take at least that time off. Found out I still have 1.5 days left for the year, so tomorrow and half of today are now off.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
Turns out it was negative 22 last night. Considering a dual battery setup for the Chevy. Anyone know anything about doing this? There is a factory spot for a second battery, but not sure what I would need wiring wise to make it all work properly. Wouldn’t I need an isolator or some such?
I know, google...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Company just switched to unlimited vacation. Catch-22 situation where most people don't take enough time off, so I went in to Workday to make note of my current earned vacation time because of seniority. I will make sure that I take at least that time off. Found out I still have 1.5 days left for the year, so tomorrow and half of today are now off.
6-1/2 weeks off in 2019 seemed just about right. :homer:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
6-1/2 weeks off in 2019 seemed just about right. :homer:
Thanks to the magic of working for a state entity I took about 13.5 weeks off last year under the guise of paternity leave.

That felt pretty good. (I could have taken more but that was enough to burn my sick time and leave my vacation untouched.)

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Turns out it was negative 22 last night. Considering a dual battery setup for the Chevy. Anyone know anything about doing this? There is a factory spot for a second battery, but not sure what I would need wiring wise to make it all work properly. Wouldn’t I need an isolator or some such?
I know, google...
Wouldn't something like this be cheaper:

Our battery issue is kids and dome lights and closing doors/trunks, but only 2 of 4 cars have block heaters which we seldom remember to use anyways

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I know, google...
sounds like you need a garage. time to buy! :fancy:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I accumulate 8.5 weeks PTO a year, give or take. I keep a 2 week cushion in case of emergency. I rarely have more than 3 weeks worth at any given time. No one ever died wishing they had spent more time at work.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
sounds like you need a garage. time to buy! :fancy:
Funny you say that, we were told by the bank we bought our (foreclosed) property from that we could build a garage. The Town exploded in uproarious laughter when we applied, we don’t have the setbacks. Not a single house on our block has a garage.
We were pretty pissed, but we bought a house in Jackson for pocket change, so...

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
I know, google...
  1. Get in vehicle
  2. Turn headlights on for thirty seconds.
  3. Turn headlights off.
  4. Start engine.