Quantcast

¿¿¿ what day is it gmt???

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
My flight home from festivus at SIL's landed 45 minutes early.

What is this devilry?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Turns out it was negative 22 last night. Considering a dual battery setup for the Chevy. Anyone know anything about doing this? There is a factory spot for a second battery, but not sure what I would need wiring wise to make it all work properly. Wouldn’t I need an isolator or some such?
I know, google...
Yes. In the past I've done and seen them done using a Blue Sea ACR. Your choice as to whether you want to go for the automatic model that couples and uncouples by itself, or choose the switched version that allows you to manually couple the batteries, in the event that your starting battery dies, you need to winch, etc...

Manual Switch (has auto mode as well): https://www.bluesea.com/products/7622/ML-ACR_Automatic_Charging_Relay_with_Manual_Control_-_12V_DC_500A

Automatic coupling: https://www.bluesea.com/products/7610/SI-ACR_Automatic_Charging_Relay_-_12_24V_DC_120A

Outside of that, it is pretty easy to run a couple of battery cables and fuses over to the second battery.

EDIT: You could also get in a rechargeable jump start pack. That would get the truck up and going again too.

EDIT 2: Check out this thread for a bit more details on constructing your own system: https://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/how-to-make-a-cheap-isolated-dual-battery-setup-for-50.77503/

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Minor ice storm, no snow accumulation, continuing to rain.
:stupid:

It's been like this since early November. I'm sick of this shitty weather. Biking sucks, skiing sucks. Managed to fall hard on my hip on north east ice (similar consistency to east coast Rox) while skiing a couple of days ago (serves me right for thinking I can ski on ice), so I can't even go to the indoor bike park for the moment.

Going to have to drive 2 hours through an ice/sleet/ freezing rain storm tomorrow to rejoin my wife and other kid for NYE...

Hasn't been the best end of year, but things could be worse, so I'll quit my whining now. I just wanted to get that out there! :D

:stupid:

It's been like this since early November. I'm sick of this shitty weather. Biking sucks, skiing sucks. Managed to fall hard on my hip on north east ice (similar consistency to east coast Rox) while skiing a couple of days ago (serves me right for thinking I can ski on ice), so I can't even go to the indoor bike park for the moment.

Going to have to drive 2 hours through an ice/sleet/ freezing rain storm tomorrow to rejoin my wife and other kid for NYE...

Hasn't been the best end of year, but things could be worse, so I'll quit my whining now. I just wanted to get that out there! :D
This is where I wander into the woods for trail work and that sort of stuff.

Also, just came up with an idea for a new connector trail, need to scout that.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Was given an Ember coffee mug for xmas.....

You know, the battery powered, self heating, bluetooth controlled coffee cups..... .

All the fancy shit this can do..... and I program it to read Fuck Off when I take a drink

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
...and about my Coffee-withdrawls - just dozed off, woke from a dream w/ two mermaids, a Sea Cucumber and Cary Grant. Timothy Leary's Dog was trying to start a Subaru.
Question - what's a Tokyo Mule?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Did a short loop at Dupont again today. The lady friend has been coma sick for the last few days, which is a major bummer. She toughed it out and puked once on a climb, but felt a little better as the ride went on. Nice easy stuff in there for her.

And the sun was out, woot. Again we were the only folks in tshirts and shorts. Beauty day.

Did the tourist thing after and stopped at Looking Glass Falls. Instagrammers abound...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
How does that work?
I tried the remote start, which activates the locks and lights, but the ignition wouldn’t turn over.

I believe what JBP is trying to say is apply a load to the battery to allow it to warm up a bit before starting it.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
The lady friend has been coma sick for the last few days, which is a major bummer. She toughed it out and puked once on a climb, but felt a little better as the ride went on.
She sounds hardcore. Thumbs up.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Did a short loop at Dupont again today. The lady friend has been coma sick for the last few days, which is a major bummer. She toughed it out and puked once on a climb, but felt a little better as the ride went on. Nice easy stuff in there for her.

And the sun was out, woot. Again we were the only folks in tshirts and shorts. Beauty day.

Did the tourist thing after and stopped at Looking Glass Falls. Instagrammers abound...
you better have been wearing shorts and a t shirt-it was like 70 today!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Cooked for my Doctors Holiday Party. Very nice affair. Linens and everything. I found these huge Pork Loins and Roasted them stuffed with Spinach, Pears, a few Cranberries, and Shallots. Honey glazed Carrots were a success. I had enough drippings to make a pan sauce. It turned out awesome. The Kitchen was very well outfitted. I had fun. I made provisions to feed the Staff. Carrot Cake with Buttercream frosting with glasses of Port Wine.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I did not see the ending of Uncut Gems coming. Attn @stevew
have not seen it yet....i found my stash of 70's hoodlum type movies.....working my way through..

the killing of a chinese bookie
the outfit
harper
charley varick
the drowning pool
the 7 ups
le samourai
le cercle rouge

will probably see uncut gems tomorrow...or tonight...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Funny you say that, we were told by the bank we bought our (foreclosed) property from that we could build a garage. The Town exploded in uproarious laughter when we applied, we don’t have the setbacks. Not a single house on our block has a garage.
We were pretty pissed, but we bought a house in Jackson for pocket change, so...
stealth garage.....build addition that looks like living space but has industrial sliding glass door in back to pull car in....does a structure have to be zoned as such to stick a car in it.....

20191231_123557.jpg

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I’ve been under the weather for a few days. Attack of the poops. I blame my youngest. As such, “sick days” and “working from home” a bunch. No idea how much PTO I have left, but nobody pays attention anyway. One of the reasons I can’t justify jumping ship from my current gig. Hyper flexibility

Found a new condition XTR shifter on PB. Win. My 3 year old XT started to wiggle on the bar clamp and was bugging me. Re-tightening it just wouldn’t last...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Jesus fucking Christ. Kid didn't bring her boots, so now we're trying to rent on one of the busiest weekends of the year. AND apparently my wife didn't read the part about showing up early enough to make sure you get a spot on the torch light parade which is the whole reason we are here this weekend and of course it's full up. I am BEYOND pissed off right now. It's after noon and I have done exactly zero skiing. :rant:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Jesus fucking Christ. Kid didn't bring her boots, so now we're trying to rent on one of the busiest weekends of the year. AND apparently my wife didn't read the part about showing up early enough to make sure you get a spot on the torch light parade which is the whole reason we are here this weekend and of course it's full up. I am BEYOND pissed off right now. It's after noon and I have done exactly zero skiing. :rant:
You know what would help that? Another kid. :homer:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
You should ski in jeans in protest.