Quantcast

¿¿¿mondazed gmt???

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I'm here yo

had an amazeballs 30mi road ride this weekend. Set a bunch of STRAVA PRs despite it being the longest road ride I've done. Feelsgoodbro

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Worst night of sleep in a while on top of doing home reno all day every day for the past week and a half has my body feeling a bit worked.

So I shall do more of it today.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

A little more polish on this turd of a demo. I actually feel really good about it, I am just worried I either spent too much time, or not enough time on it. I have about 6-8 actual hours into it, I think a days worth is good, or that is my hope anyway.

With any luck I will snipe this auction and be able to get the bike together before next weekend. I know the dog need to go for a ride almost as bad as I do, sheesh.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Headed out for a ride soon, after slogging through crosstown traffic. Shall be Mountain Lion since it’s just me and that’s what I like.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Morning Monkeys.

A little more polish on this turd of a demo. I actually feel really good about it, I am just worried I either spent too much time, or not enough time on it. I have about 6-8 actual hours into it, I think a days worth is good, or that is my hope anyway.

With any luck I will snipe this auction and be able to get the bike together before next weekend. I know the dog need to go for a ride almost as bad as I do, sheesh.
whenever I have a presentation or something like this, I get to a point, save, walk away. Leave it for a day or two, then come back with a fresh set of eyes.

what parts are you still looking for to finish rebuilding the bike?

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
whenever I have a presentation or something like this, I get to a point, save, walk away. Leave it for a day or two, then come back with a fresh set of eyes.

what parts are you still looking for to finish rebuilding the bike?
I was about to pull the trigger (get it?) on a shifter/derailleur combo on Jenson when I saw a pair on the eBay on the cheap. I figured if I can get them for half price, game on. Otherwise I will just get them for $100.

As for the demo, I am in that same pattern. I was given a week, but the task itself is about 4 hours, maybe. To do it "right" has been about a day. What will be interesting is the demo part. The software I used is installed on my desktop and I didn't think lugging my desktop downtown was a good idea. Chrome Remote Desktop seems to be working very well using my Chromebook paired to my phone. So with any luck I can showcase my work this way.

I also struggle a little bit with the "right" way. The ask is to automate 11 steps. The easy thing would be to simply do just that. But I decided to build it into 6 reusable modules I can arrange to achieve the 11 steps, but could also reuse these modules to do a number of other steps. But didn't break it ALL the way down, just into 6 bits (could have been 8).

I hope that my approach showcases my ability to break down the task, build out what is needed, but do it in a way that is not throw away code. But they might also laugh me out the door for such a convoluted method. :rofl:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I was about to pull the trigger (get it?) on a shifter/derailleur combo on Jenson when I saw a pair on the eBay on the cheap. I figured if I can get them for half price, game on. Otherwise I will just get them for $100.

As for the demo, I am in that same pattern. I was given a week, but the task itself is about 4 hours, maybe. To do it "right" has been about a day. What will be interesting is the demo part. The software I used is installed on my desktop and I didn't think lugging my desktop downtown was a good idea. Chrome Remote Desktop seems to be working very well using my Chromebook paired to my phone. So with any luck I can showcase my work this way.

I also struggle a little bit with the "right" way. The ask is to automate 11 steps. The easy thing would be to simply do just that. But I decided to build it into 6 reusable modules I can arrange to achieve the 11 steps, but could also reuse these modules to do a number of other steps. But didn't break it ALL the way down, just into 6 bits (could have been 8).

I hope that my approach showcases my ability to break down the task, build out what is needed, but do it in a way that is not throw away code. But they might also laugh me out the door for such a convoluted method. :rofl:
there's the right way, the wrong way, and the Max Powers way

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Got home last night after going to Michigan to do a fifty mile race.

Badly out of shape, ready to go ride at lunch today.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Also, there was an interesting "article" about a Wally World special purchase on RCA TV's. The wife and I have had the MIL's 47" 720p crap set for a while and have been talking about replacing it for over a year. So I bit and got a 55" 4k for a whopping $230. It had pretty good reviews and at that price, it can't totally suck ass. I almost went 60", but the couch isn't THAT far away. I look forward to finishing RDR2 on the bigger set.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
no decision. ride it nao.
Rode Saturday. Didn’t hike at all last week, in the woods anyway. Walked probably 10 miles in town though. So I think I’ll throw 25 pounds on my back and hike up and down some rocky hills until it gets dark. Then I’ll put my headlamp on and keep going.

I must say that I am quite pleased with my current fitness level. While I’m not @I Are Baboon fit, hiking with weight has given me some surprising benefits. Definitely feel like I’m ready for ultra long distance hiking.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
IMG_20190923_123932_073.jpg

this one has electricity.....still cloudy as fuck....but at least i am not in nc where it is 90....

Last edited:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Mountain Lion was ridden. Saw not another soul on the trail (not even a ginger, to preempt that). Helped two semi lost hikers in the parking lot when I was done.

Had no mental focus for the climb, lots of dabs and one clipped pedal on the solitary rock on a moderate climbing stretch that sent me tumbling down the hillside a bit. But I got my focus back by Through the Trees so didn’t die.

Then grilled up a ribeye (merely grass fed) at home, and shared that with Aya. She liked juicing bits of ribeye with her 8 month old gums—smart girl.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
And today is one of those days that I really, really, REALLY hate my job. :mad:

Ah, well - this too shall pass.

:D
I went into work at 4:00 AM today, put in 8 hours. Now I am home trying to rest so I can go back in at 8:00 PM to work for 14 hours.

Suck it up princess