Quantcast

¿¿○monfuckingday○¿¿

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Best wishes, warmest regards.

Went to fall asleep last night when ye ole anxiety started doing rounds on my pshyche. As a result, I am a bit on edge this morning, but for no reason really, until I can fabricate one.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Theoretically at work. Mostly just trolling RM while I wait for the coffee to kick in.

Apparently it's my 20y high school reunion this year. Not sure whether I want to go or not- I was never suzy high school back in the day....but it would be nice to see some people I haven't seen in 20 years!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Theoretically at work. Mostly just trolling RM while I wait for the coffee to kick in.

Apparently it's my 20y high school reunion this year. Not sure whether I want to go or not- I was never suzy high school back in the day....but it would be nice to see some people I haven't seen in 20 years!
Send someone in a mask as yourself. How will they even know?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth

My 50th is rolling around soon. never have attended one, didn't really fit in when I was there, don't see myself going to this one either,

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
weird...i opened the box about a month ago...left it in there....was about to throw it out....

20210104_090746.jpg

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Dry weather for two days and freezing overnight so I hit the trails and they were almost perfect with only a little mud left. It was pretty glorious after really crappy wet trails lately. I wish some parts of the trails were not ridden when it's so wet as they are getting hammered but seems like you do not stop riding in Denmark. As much as covi19 sucks being able to get in a ride in daylight during the week in the winter is nothing but amazing.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Send someone in a mask as yourself. How will they even know?
If I didn't want to go, I just wouldn't. I skipped the 5 and 10, but I wouldn't mind getting back for the 20th just for shits.

If they mattered one whit, it wouldn't have been 20 years since you last saw them. The only thing reuniouns are good for is remembering why you haven't given two shits about these people since the day you left.
This is a fair point- the people that are still in my life from HS are there for a reason, and there's very few of them. Still, it might be nice to reconnect with some people who I do care about but have missed. I just don't want any of them to breathe on me.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
good morning.

started a regular workout over the weekend. I'm sore 2 days later.
downsized my ski boot shells one full size , with much fitting work, OMG these are perfect.
now to remount a few bindings (ugh) and sell old boots.

had beers yesterday, slept like shit. no surprise. back on the wagon, maybe for good? we'll see.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
This is a fair point- the people that are still in my life from HS are there for a reason, and there's very few of them. Still, it might be nice to reconnect with some people who I do care about but have missed. I just don't want any of them to breathe on me.
I still talk to a small number of friends from HS on a regular basis. The rest of them, meh...... Most days, it doesn't even cross my mind. I remain convinced that HS reunions are for people who peaked in HS.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
If they mattered one whit, it wouldn't have been 20 years since you last saw them. The only thing reuniouns are good for is remembering why you haven't given two shits about these people since the day you left.
there's maybe a dozen people i've kept in touch with from my HS days, maybe a quarter of that number were people from my actual HS.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
But isn't it great to see all the cool guys and cute girls from back then being ugly and fat now? :D

15th mouse exiled...

Regarding the high school shit, I was going to go to my 50th in 2014, bagged it 'cause two week Appalachian tour with my best riding friend, discovered after the fact that a) only two or three people that I gave a shit about attended and b) they had the event in a fucking country club, jacket and tie required, fuck you and all that pretentious crap.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I still talk to a small number of friends from HS on a regular basis. The rest of them, meh...... Most days, it doesn't even cross my mind. I remain convinced that HS reunions are for people who peaked in HS.
Add to that this recent election cycle and it has become abundantly clear that a lot of people I went to HS with are morons, as are a lot of people from my home town, and I have even *less* interest than before to return for a reunion. :disgust:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
shit man my work anxiety kicked in last friday
Wish it was just work anxiety, no, its more of the existential crisis variety.

Work has been quiet for me recently after that huge project. New boss is trying to rescue me from my cross-functional assignment and bring me back into engineering, where I belong, so that'll be neat.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Wish it was just work anxiety, no, its more of the existential crisis variety.

Work has been quiet for me recently after that huge project. New boss is trying to rescue me from my cross-functional assignment and bring me back into engineering, where I belong, so that'll be neat.
You need to huck moar

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Not working this morning. Online schooling is set to start at 13:00. Will try then.

Managed to walk over to the wheel building place and drop off my rim. Hopefully I get a new wheel back before the end of the week. I will definitely need a ride by the time the weekend rolls around.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Snuggles from kid 2 to start day as usual, kid 3 decided to be adorable on the giant snuggle pillow, and now work.

Last edited: