Quantcast

¿?¿?¿? ¿You awake?? ¿?¿?¿?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Damn..... i get mine for five bucks a cord, a half hour to fortyfive minute drive, and a couple hours of work..... almost always been down ling enough its ready to burn.

I really need to start selling firewood.

Are these cords of wood at least split at that price???
Yea, split, seasoned, and delivered.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Currently at the new UCHealth emergency room (my insurance is paid for for the year, might as well get the good stuff) because my shoulder keeps getting worse. Will be getting an x-ray to see if I chipped anything, a CT because of the size of the hematoma on my abdomen, and a scheduled MRI because the motion limitations (which are getting worse) are indicating a possible torn rotator cuff.

I am waiting in line though, because there were two large accidents in the 2.5 miles between my house and the hospital. Fucking idiots. Both people pulling out in front of others over multiple lanes where 2/3 tend to stop and one isn't visible.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Substantial bruising through my abdomen, but nothing of concern. No bone damage on my shoulder, but substantial concern about a rotator cuff tear. And a "walking is going to hurt really bad tomorrow" hematoma.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Substantial bruising through my abdomen, but nothing of concern. No bone damage on my shoulder, but substantial concern about a rotator cuff tear. And a "walking is going to hurt really bad tomorrow" hematoma.
You ever consider oh, dialing it back another notch or two? Or maybe taking up golf? I swear I've never met anyone who hurts themselves even a fraction of the rate that you do.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You ever consider oh, dialing it back another notch or two? Or maybe taking up golf? I swear I've never met anyone who hurts themselves even a fraction of the rate that you do.
Funny you say that... One of the guys I'm going to Whistler with made the comment that it seems I always find it hard to ride 90%

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I rarely ride above 75% and find it is much more enjoyable not fighting injuries and, as @6thElement pointed out, having a longer riding season.

Then again, YMMV.
I think my issue is that my prior 75% is my current 95%+. That is obviously problematic and something that I need to work on... but damn, fast is so much fun.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I think my issue is that my prior 75% is my current 95%+. That is obviously problematic and something that I need to work on... but damn, fast is so much fun.
If you’re trying to follow @Full Trucker at speed without working up to it then, yes, you’ll crash and burn.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

He is celebrating the new Top Gun movie

stoney98 said:
The best is racing messengers around SF on the slalom bike. When you get to a stopping point they're always like "dude! you're f'in crazy! you a messeneger? how'd you learn to ride like that? I've never seen someone do that on a mtn bike!" Best response: "I race." Then gate start outta there!
Do you wear aviator shades when you do this? It'd be cool if you did...because then, you could tip them down before you say, "I race," and then push them back up over your eyes and ride away. A leather jacket would be cool, too.

For some reason, I'm picturing you, Abe, and Chomps bumping chests and saying "I feel the need! The need...for SPEED!" and then perhaps playing some homoerotic volleyball with Tom Cruise and Val Kilmer.

MD

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Stoney was running out front at the time. To be honest, he was going faster than I wanted to go given the dry/loose conditions and the hiker traffic.
Ah, so his judgment is bad, just bad in a slightly different way.

:D