Quantcast

¿?¿? Nobody awake ?¿?¿

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Made the weekly grocery store run. Surprisingly, most of the other shoppers were wearing masks this time. Store even put up large signs warning of mandatory mask use for entry.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
What a fucking asshole move that is. Good luck with the next move, hopefully this time the company respects you enough not to pull that shit.
what does that mean for you, practically speaking? are you out of a jorb?
My old job does not exist anymore, but I have a choice to "try to find a new role for myself".
99% chance that is not happening so funemployment here I go.
Pro tip: don't work for people for whom running a company is a game.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
My old job does not exist anymore, but I have a choice to "try to find a new role for myself".
99% chance that is not happening so funemployment here I go.
Pro tip: don't work for people for whom running a company is a game.
What's your specialty again? My company may have some openings, though the commute wouldn't be kind.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
You're moving to India?!? I'd strongly recommend against that...

Have you considered Colorado? It's nice out here when it's not 137 degrees. :mad:
i think i would rather work 5 part time jobs and live in aurora than move to india....

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Thanks dudes. This is le suck, I've been doing product management in enterprise software for almost 20 years, we'll see what the market is like.
@dan-o - I am game, let's ride. I'd be game going to Thunder soon, too. @Sandwich

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Got a choice today - red pill or blue pill?
My job got shipped to India four months after they hired me.
My 17 years contract with the same company is on its last leg. Mothership wants to move tech pubs to India.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
My 17 years contract with the same company is on its last leg. Mothership wants to move tech pubs to India.
Sorry to hear. I joined an Indian company because my hiring boss - a smart dude /CEO - was here in the US and wanted me to build shit together with him. Two weeks later - boom - new CEO (in India) and a major reorg, my new boss in India, in 99% of my meetings I am the only guy not from India. It went downhill from that moment on.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
It's Taco Wednesday 'round these parts this week. Shrimp and BBQ pork... with sides of beans and lime cilantro rice.
Did somebody mention Taco Wednesday?
Thin sliced lamb sauteed in Chile Verde sauce with a dash of Ghost Pepper added, shredded cabbage, dash of beans, red onion, Dubliner cheese, Guacamole , and Ghost Pepper salsa. on white corn totillas
IMG_20200708_164723325~2.jpg

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
could you work in a india call center so i can ask for the guy with the canadian accent?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Holy shit, we rode a few kilometers in the heat and humidity and then bailed to go jump in the swimming hole. Thought I was going to puke on one climb...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
Holy shit, we rode a few kilometers in the heat and humidity and then bailed to go jump in the swimming hole. Thought I was going to puke on one climb...
It's close to 100 here every day from June to October. If you want to ride you go butt crack of dawn and be done before 9am or you go night riding starting no earlier than twilight. But that's why we grow such good wine grapes here.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
So taking the title of this thread and the food posts...Has anyone talked with Randolph lately?
i would be surprised if he has posted in the last 15 years.....although i did run across photo john from empty beer on a facebook group the other week...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
Yeah... but why do *you* live there? You ain't no fuckin' vintner. :D
There is riding, kayaking and fishing within 20 minutes of the house, My job is close by, the wife's job is close by, her horse is close by and mostly because we got the house for a steal and its too damn expensive to move anywhere else in the bay area and we owe less that 250k on a place that we can sell for 950k. I will be retired in the next 4 years then who the eff knows

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
There is riding, kayaking and fishing within 20 minutes of the house, My job is close by, the wife's job is close by, her horse is close by and mostly because we got the house for a steal and its too damn expensive to move anywhere else in the bay area and we owe less that 250k on a place that we can sell for 950k. I will be retired in the next 4 years then who the eff knows
Dude... it was a *rhetorical* question. :p