Quantcast

¿?¿? Saturday ?¿?¿

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
My mom has sold her house in Normandy. The clock is now ticking to find her a place here in Canada. Has to be rural as she wants to move with her 4 dogs, 5 cats, and 2 ponies (the ponies will follow next spring). I've been driving all over hell's half acre to visit houses for her, but the real estate situation here has flipped: houses downtown aren't selling, and there's bidding wars for rural properties within +/- an hours drive from the city. Good time to sell, bad time to buy. Plus, my back aches like a sumbitch after 2.5 hours in the car.

it's raining, grey and cold. I had to cancel plans to go hiking this morning in case there was a house to go visit. grumpy son is grumpy.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
My mom has sold her house in Normandy. The clock is now ticking to find her a place here in Canada. Has to be rural as she wants to move with her 4 dogs, 5 cats, and 2 ponies (the ponies will follow next spring). I've been driving all over hell's half acre to visit houses for her, but the real estate situation here has flipped: houses downtown aren't selling, and there's bidding wars for rural properties within +/- an hours drive from the city. Good time to sell, bad time to buy. Plus, my back aches like a sumbitch after 2.5 hours in the car.

it's raining, grey and cold. I had to cancel plans to go hiking this morning in case there was a house to go visit. grumpy son is grumpy.
Best of luck with that search.

Also 4 dogs, 5 cats and 2 ponies... :panic:

That sounds expensive to get here. How do you even get a horse across the Atlantic?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Got back from a work trip yesterday, was nice to find that temps had stayed down, the ground was frozen and there was a little bit of snow. Fantastic riding yesterday. Was forecast to rain today, but it didn't warm up a bunch at night, so I thought it might still be good early in the morning before the sun came up, it was. Got a couple hours in and it started to rain. Now it's all turned to shit, warm, rain, mud, etc. I probably won't be hitting these trails again for a while, until it either dries out and freezes or we get more snow. At least it was good when I rode.

249210634_10102409464456108_6788640094695249646_n.jpg
249321852_10102409464461098_9119786565666975082_n.jpg

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Fully sunscreen season here now. I can feel the ultraviolence sleeting into my pasty white skin like an unwanted rad-dose. Thanks 1980’s refrigerants. At least we did something about that.

With these harsh UV levels, Changleen uses Neutrogena Ultrasheer Dry Touch Sunscreen with Helioplex SPF 50+ protection. Goes on so quick and dry, you’ll forget you’re wearing it.
BA9994CD-D369-4176-BEE3-00F109881B54.jpeg

Anyway, off for a ride hopefully. Pretty windy but quite warm too.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
You would still need to have some sort of barge that follows the horse so he could rest and eat.
I'm disappointed in your solution.
step 2: have horse do lots of zone 2 time to build up cross-Atlantic endurance

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Fully sunscreen season here now. I can feel the ultraviolence sleeting into my pasty white skin like an unwanted rad-dose. Thanks 1980’s refrigerants. At least we did something about that.

With these harsh UV levels, Changleen uses Neutrogena Ultrasheer Dry Touch Sunscreen with Helioplex SPF 50+ protection. Goes on so quick and dry, you’ll forget you’re wearing it.View attachment 166792

It's always sunblock season, 70 or 100 :p

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

With these harsh UV levels, Changleen uses Neutrogena Ultrasheer Dry Touch Sunscreen with Helioplex SPF 50+ protection. Goes on so quick and dry, you’ll forget you’re wearing it.View attachment 166792

Sure, rub it in.

We see how you work.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Great ride, except I missed my favourite sharp left turn into an alternate fast black line (going too fast ironically) so had to go the ‘slow’ way through the middle of my favourite downhill and then got a bit too aggro trying to make up for it on a highline section and ended up sliding my self and bike along an inside bank for a bit. No damage luckily other than my overall time. :banghead:

Was really windy though, and some of the trails were muddier than I thought which also caused a couple of hairy moments.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Speaking of Rabbits, nearly got one on my ride today too, little fucker got between my wheels at one point, probably cost me a second trying not to kill him. Here he is getting ready to get my tyre up his ass:

0A2E6909-B761-4CBB-959A-D647B332C542.jpeg

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Nope, it was just one rock. Albeit it took a little bit of searching for the right size, fit, smoothness, and shape for removing poo. Can't just grab the first one you see and go to it.
So not a chunk of shale then?

and @stevew surely you got my seashells reference?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
So like you dug in there with that one rock until things were clean or you just grabbed one rock, one swipe and assumed life was good?

.....so many questions
Had to blow some some mud about half way down a long shuttle in Pisgah. My riding partner suggested using river rocks. Made since, they're polished smooth. Lots of creeks and rivers in the forest. One rock, multiple wipes. Just dip the rock in the water as needed. Certainly not a LNT friendly practice, but in an emergency...