Quantcast

??¿??wiki-wiki-wednesday gmt??¿??

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies! Yesterday was fatigue suffer fest all day, it seems I rode too hard this weekend and should have skipped my Monday morning workout. I've decided to take 3 days off in a row so tha t I'm in good shape for the weekend.

In other news the buyer for a property I invested in should sign his closing papers today leading funds on Friday, profit won't be enough for an SB-5 but I should be able to buy crap loads of guilt free bike bits I don't need and a pair of Five Tens which I hear will be life changing.

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Unlike Serial Midget I did free up enough funds for an SB-5. Now I just have to wait for it to makes it's way from Golden to Wheat Ridge and then be assembled with love and care. It's times like these that my impatient nature is greatly tested.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Yowdy.

I must have been out of this morning, I forgot to brush my teeth. Good thing I always have a stockpile of gum in the car.

Tonights group ride is questionable. The mother of one of the guys passed away on the weekend. He knew it was coming for a while, his mom was in a hospice, but still very sad. He pretty much stopped riding over the last few months to be with her.

In other news, I spent the entire commute to work this morning in first gear. But it was not without entertainment. A transport truck rolled over and lawn sale'd itself all over the road.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Good morning. Is it Friday yet?

@Adventurous
Did you get the small or medium?
Short answer: Small.

Reasoning: Seat tube on the medium was long enough that even with the dropper collar in it's lowest position the saddle at full extension was too high for my preferences. Dialing back to the small bought me a little bit more breathing room. Additionally, the medium with a 35mm stem would have worked in terms of top tube length but would give me no wiggle room to shorten it up if my bar/stem preferences change. With the small I have more margin for experimentation. Those were the two driving factors behind my decision.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning. FTS Wednesday is in full swing. Riding with a group tonight if !storms. After 10 days off the bike, I'll likely get slain.

Also, is it Friderp yet?

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Well, track meet happened in rain last night, BMX practice did not. Witnessed Pepsi trainer driver getting his knee crushed this morning between my car (stationary at a light) and trainee delivery driver's truck, AKA, "STOP STOP STOP!!! (crushing sound of knee)". Good times!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Now $100 poorer and 2 points richer. Adjusting for my hourly billable rate, the time I've saved over the 10 years since my last ticket has made it worthwhile. Ironically it was in the Subaru, not even the M. *meh

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I drove to work today so that I can get home earlier and try my new Honda mower that runs on dino-juice.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Guess this is the thread???

Played bass last night. Got some big improvements in dexterity recently.

Slept like a champ and feel awesome.

Gotta continue on a shit project, doing someone else's work. I'm going to write some VBA code into the Excel workbook to Rick Roll them, for sticking me with this.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Keep all paperwork when you sell a vehicle people. Got a freakin' collections letter yesterday on a vehicle I no longer own. Release of Liability FTW. F off. Long nights this week, between work and side work. Burning the candle at both ends. It's only 8:30am and I need a nap already.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Hello all. I drove to work today so that I can get home earlier and try my new Honda mower that runs on dino-juice.
Honda mowers are legit. Ours just keeps going. Still starts on the first pull every time. It's like voodoo.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Bubble is being blown bigger yet:

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/06/07/denver-housing-market-leads-nation-for-appreciation/

Metro Denver is leaving last decade’s housing bust in the rear view mirror faster than any other major metro area in the country, according to a new study from HSH.com.

Home prices are now 49.1 percent above the old high they reached in the first quarter of 2006. That is the biggest increase from the prior decade’s peak among any of the 100 metros tracked in a home price index run by the Federal Housing Finance Agency.
I would welcome a bubble popping. Less traffic on the roads and lower valuation for my property taxes. I'm holding onto this place until I retire so it doesn't matter to me, and the bubble would no doubt pop and be reinflated a time or two anew until I exit the workforce.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Bubble is being blown bigger yet:

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/06/07/denver-housing-market-leads-nation-for-appreciation/

I would welcome a bubble popping. Less traffic on the roads and lower valuation for my property taxes. I'm holding onto this place until I retire so it doesn't matter to me, and the bubble would no doubt pop and be reinflated a time or two anew until I exit the workforce.
Coincides with my request to the bank for a refinance. So long as the appraisal comes back in my favor I will save $300 a month and no longer have to pay PMI.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

New guy started yesterday and I heard he looked lost and overwhelmed by 2:00. I'm only on week 3, but I know how to chunk it out. My boss thinks there is this HUGE amount of work, but can't define what needs to be done. I told her we have no idea how big it is until we have defined what it is we are trying to do. Once it is defined, it might be huge. But right now, you are in a pitch black room and think it MIGHT be a stadium, but it might be a porta-potty. :panic:

<edit> I'm on board with FTS Wednesday,

http://www.theonion.com/article/obama-tells-nation-just-chalk-today-loss-52373

POTUS said:
“There’s no sense sitting here spinning our wheels and making ourselves miserable,” the president continued, wearily rubbing his forehead. “Let’s just call it a wash and get out of here early.”

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Coincides with my request to the bank for a refinance. So long as the appraisal comes back in my favor I will save $300 a month and no longer have to pay PMI.
Having this fight with Wifey. She is still locked in the dream that we sell and buy a new house, so she doesn't want to refi because of the upfront cost. *facepalm*

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Having this fight with Wifey. She is still locked in the dream that we sell and buy a new house, so she doesn't want to refi because of the upfront cost. *facepalm*
She does realize that some refi options allow you to roll over a healthy portion of the costs back into the principle right? You could re-coup your out of pocket costs within a few months time depending upon your situation. Unless you are planning to sell and buy within the next few months not refinancing would be a financial folly.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
She does realize that some refi options allow you to roll over a healthy portion of the costs back into the principle right? You could re-coup your out of pocket costs within a few months time depending upon your situation. Unless you are planning to sell and buy within the next few months not refinancing would be a financial folly.
Oh, you don't need to tell me this.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Had to run at lunch today. Not a fan of running due to a bad right knee, but less of a fan of being annoyed that I didn't go outside and move. It is amazing how humans can do little things to improve their mental state.

My wife works late tonight, so me and jr donkey will find something to do that is not watching TV or staring at a mobile device.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Wow, unexpected phone call. It seems my daughter hasn't been at school for some time and it seems her mother is aware. As if I need more justification to want to choke a b!tch. But I get no say as she knows what she is doing. :facepalm:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wow, unexpected phone call. It seems my daughter hasn't been at school for some time and it seems her mother is aware. As if I need more justification to want to choke a b!tch. But I get no say as she knows what she is doing. :facepalm:
Inform the courts? What the hell has she been doing instead?

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Inform the courts? What the hell has she been doing instead?
That's a great question. I would like to know the answer to that as well. As far as I've been told she was doing ok, not great, but ok. Seems she isn't doing that.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
A giant sinkhole opened up today at one of the main intersections in my town: http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/giant-sinkhole-opens-blocks-from-parliament-hill-1.2936815?hootPostID=bf8db2f77e7d7d7c94d11c99d4d3cfbb

there's some crazy videos in there showing the water rushing below ground, and of a van toppling over into the hole. It's pretty much right where they are digging a tunnel for an underground light rail line and station.... hmmmm... try it nao?
That'll buff right out...

Hopefully no one stumbles into it drunk. :headbang:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Good afternoon, nothing new to report here. Still #funemployed, still riding bikes e'eryday, still haven't gotten my homie to commit to the BC trip. I did have a morning bike ride date, a lunch (beer and nachos) date, and a whiskey date yesterday. So I've got that going for me, which is nice. Le sigh... it's difficult being me.
I need a nap.
Also this.

Last edited: