Quantcast

ÅÆØ -- Tuesday GTM is -- ØÆÅ

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
:wave:
Looked at the local news. . . Bad idea. Apparently the world is ending, it’s supposed to snow 8-12”. Holy shit. I haven’t been to the grocery store but I can image what it looks like.
Working on a speech/presentation today that I totally forgot about.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Pretty much.

It's day 4 of the redneck siege here. It's starting to get old. The worst I've encountered is the constant honking and the bridges being closed to traffic blocking access to my playground, but my wife is a visible minority, and we have lots of LGBTQ friends and neighbors who are feeling very uncomfortable. I feel like the people who remain now are the fringe, vocal weirdos who are looking for a fight. They're belligerent and trying to pick fights. Our very own entitled white trash, as it were.

Good thing work is busy to distract me from this mess...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
No canadians around these parts so I am safe. Whew

felt off since yesterday morning, still feel a bit off but it might be getting better. Taking the car in for warranty on the rattly sunroof....kind of wish I scheduled it during the summer as I'm going to have to uber from the dealaer to work and yuck

otherwise, got a nastygram at work for talking to the new person, who is changing groups to ours because her old managers suck. Apparently one of them overheard me suggesting we talk about new projects in the next couple of weeks and got mad. That's some toxic right there. I am frustrated but don't really know what to do- I guess I just avoid her entirely until she is fully transitioned?

No canadians around these parts so I am safe. Whew

felt off since yesterday morning, still feel a bit off but it might be getting better. Taking the car in for warranty on the rattly sunroof....kind of wish I scheduled it during the summer as I'm going to have to uber from the dealaer to work and yuck

otherwise, got a nastygram at work for talking to the new person, who is changing groups to ours because her old managers suck. Apparently one of them overheard me suggesting we talk about new projects in the next couple of weeks and got mad. That's some toxic right there. I am frustrated but don't really know what to do- I guess I just avoid her entirely until she is fully transitioned?
Ignore the managers.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
woke up twice to screaming knee pain , couple of aspirin seemed to deal with it. Old guy pains I guess. It's supposed to be sunny this weekend. Hoping to get out for a ride and also do some fly fishing but I bet the wife will come up with some honey do's to kill those plans then ask why I don't get out and exercise more? :bonk:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Jr league race tonight.

Manager announced changes to accounts yesterday. Coworker is a bit riled up, but it's pretty clear that the order came down from the client, so less issue there. I'm losing my smallest accounts in the process (good thing), so I should have a lot more non-admin time, which is good.

Otherwise, meh.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Drove up to Eagle yesterday afternoon for "High Vibes" on an engine. Have at least another paid hour of rest at this hotel, but I desperately need to go get espresso. Then I guess I need to go home.

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Last night was comically bad. Baby was up 2x, dog was hunting mice, I didn't get to sleep until 3. Boo.

Now it's work and impatiently waiting for my first knife of 2022 to arrive. On Friday.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Started the Sprinter for the first time in a month. Got it running on the second try, all sorts of error messages, the usual.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just gave Haley and her friends a ride to school. She was telling her friends that she has junior league tonight and one asked her if she's going to win. She said "probably not" then proceeded to explain just how fast the fastest junior league kids are and where she thinks she's going to fall based on her times. One of the girls karts with her regularly, so she understood the gauge of how fast the times she was talking about are, so that helped explain it to her sister.

It was the first time I have ever heard her say something with that much humility, possibly ever. I know it's not traditional sports, but I think she's finally starting to learn that aspect of competition and social interaction. I've tried for years to get her this excited about competing/interacting with others this way, and I'm glad it's finally working. Untraditional be damned, it's working.

She was also really excited to tell the super fast girl, who holds track record, how much faster she's gotten and that she's started in adult karts in the last 2 months.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Were you evacuated?
Nah, I’m at home. But downtown has not been effected. Air quality is supposed to be horrendous though.
he was asking whether you've had your post-coffee poop, bro

/me is at work. Worked first 45 min from home, dropped off kid 3 at preschool, drove in. Pancreatic multidisciplinary conference today. Erryone has pancreatic cancer

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Ah, of course, no, not just yet. Pancakes should increase internal pressure to the required level. Should I keep you posted on my poo progress Dr. ?
we demand data

before and after weights are best

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Yep, but spent $6 on more reliable shipping with USPS. I am addicted to their Friday emails. :busted:
First time I've bought through them. Purchased from DLT and Knife Center though. Funny how well these knife sellers have their shit together. Everything is out the door same day.

Thoughts on the Inkosi? I was originally after a small Sebenza, cause I preferred the 3" blade length to the 2.8", but didn't feel like cruising the secondary market in search.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
19 years ago today challenger was lighting up the sky....

i was in castle rock....keeping one of 11 dogs entertained....a american foxhound...

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
19 years ago today challenger was lighting up the sky....

i was in castle rock....keeping one of 11 dogs entertained....a american foxhound...
That was when a live on-air caller 'Baba Booey'd ' Dan Rather. Remember being in S. Florida then, watching the event and Dan Rather was taking calls during broadcast.
#BoycottSpotify

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
What are these Friday emails of which you speak?

Wait, don't tell me, I don't need to spend more on knives.
The KnivesShipFree weekly email blast. Re-stock notices, special releases, sales, that sorta thing.

Clearly @StiHacka and I had similar thoughts on last Friday's as we bought the same knife. :rofl: