Quantcast

Årrgh >> Chinese spam take over GTM Monday thread << hgrrÅ

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Need to get my rear wheel fixed so I can take advantage of the warm dry conditions before the fall rain season is over us. Besides that it's another week of working from home due to new corona restrictions. Kids are in school so I am absolutely fine about the whole situation.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
the thing i hate most about all this? the inability to drop the kids at school at 8, bag work, and head for the hills. fuck all the from home crap!
For me it actually makes it easier to get out and ride. I have even done meeting driving to the trails as I have a lot of online meetings and I do not miss the commute in the car and the crappy coffee.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Went to bed at 1830, woken up by alarm at 0315. Can't remember the last time I slept like that. Gonna ride in again because I quite enjoyed it yesterday, even though the air is still awful.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
am i in joe bidens sons email or what....

yesterday was spectacular.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
woke up 15 minutes before my alarm at 0315 WTF is up with that crap. Espresso then out the door at 0400 for Dialysis transport hell oh joy. At least I got in 50 miles of riding over the weekend. Air quality went to shit again yesterday afternoon and supposed to be that way all day today. forecast is for a wind shift and clean air for the rest of the week along with cooler temps so maybe afternoon rides will occur.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Saturday wife and I spent on the better Cape eating lobster rolls and enjoying the oceanside.

Killer ride yesterday, great reminder of how much I enjoy mountain cycling through the woods on a nice day with good company.

Followed that up by Apple picking and dinner with my parents. Good times.

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Here.

Classified ad guy almost ghosted me after driving 1.4hours for cranks.. got back to me just as I gave up. Near new Holz cranks, rings, bash and Giga BB for $40 (That;s like $1.75USD.. :rolleyes: )

Werk, werk, werk.....

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Probably timing was different - we didn't even drive up there until after 1:00... and we're slow, so didn't finish until almost 5:00.

That Cub Creek/Staunton ride is a stiff one... :dead:
1:45 when we left CC trailhead, so it was possible. We only rode to the Bugling Elk intersection and turned around though. Agreed that it's a long ride if you tag on Staunton trails too.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Now that I have dental insurance x2, I am scheduled for 2 of 3 crowns on Thursday. Ugh. Happy fun times, yay!

Took my oldest golfing on Saturday for the first time in 20 years. He's decided since Lil Man digs it, he's down. So now we have 2 solid outside activities Lil Man loves and this is good. He has gotten a lot of pandemic screen time, so having activities he is motivated about are key.

He has really grown into the 18" and we can't wait for Gateway Green to reopen.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I am reading ultrasounds today. I hope that alleviates your general sense of disease about the world

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
you ever hike max patch.....seems it has become a little to popular...

View attachment 149960

i was not aware you were allowed to camp there...
No, but I definitely want to see Max Patch. Had friends who talked about it a lot when I lived in Asheville. That many campers during a pandemic would freak me the fuck out. Nope, nope, nope...

When was that shot taken ?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
No, but I definitely want to see Max Patch. Had friends who talked about it a lot when I lived in Asheville. That many campers during a pandemic would freak me the fuck out. Nope, nope, nope...

When was that shot taken ?
it was posted on a blueridge mointain life fb group post today....