Quantcast

Årrgh >> Chinese spam take over GTM Monday thread << hgrrÅ

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Over crowding is one thing.........but at least pickup your own trash, what the heck people? :(
Too much to ask.

For example - I was backpacking recently not too terribly far from Denver, and one day we were day-hiking from camp, checking out the hills around a pretty alpine lake, and we cam across the remnants of a fire pit. Which isn't a big deal... but there, in the midst of the fire pit, were 3 fucking TIN CANS - two large ones and one that was probably a tuna can(?).

These fucking dolts carried CANNED FOOD up 2K vertical feet for dinner, then, instead of carrying the light, empty cans back down decided that it would be OK to just leave them in the fire pit. :rant:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Too much to ask.

For example - I was backpacking recently not too terribly far from Denver, and one day we were day-hiking from camp, checking out the hills around a pretty alpine lake, and we cam across the remnants of a fire pit. Which isn't a big deal... but there, in the midst of the fire pit, were 3 fucking TIN CANS - two large ones and one that was probably a tuna can(?).

These fucking dolts carried CANNED FOOD up 2K vertical feet for dinner, then, instead of carrying the light, empty cans back down decided that it would be OK to just leave them in the fire pit. :rant:
Those DOLTS!

That is like Tim Hortons coffee cups here. You'll find those things EVERYWHERE. Like deep in the jungle type everywhere, what the heck was someone walking out into the bush with a coffee for, only to leave it under a tree or something? I'm surprised Tim Hortons hasn't come up with compostable cups yet.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Here.

Classified ad guy almost ghosted me after driving 1.4hours for cranks.. got back to me just as I gave up. Near new Holz cranks, rings, bash and Giga BB for $40 (That;s like $1.75USD.. :rolleyes: )

Werk, werk, werk.....
With 1.4 hours of driving I'd say that they cost a hell of a lot more than $40.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Too much to ask.

Dude, that’s nothing. They literally shit on the trails in the South. Saw a towel laying on the ground at an overlook. Then I noticed the turd next to it. I see trash on every single hike at the local state park. I’d be delighted if all I saw was a couple of burned cans in a fire pit. Hell they burn plastic at the campground.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Too much to ask.

What I appreciate is when someone picks up their dog's shit in the woods, puts it into a plastic bag, then leaves the plastic bag in the woods. How the fuck is a plastic bag full of dog shit better than just a pile of dog shit that will decompose in a few weeks?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Dude, that’s nothing. They literally shit on the trails in the South. Saw a towel laying on the ground at an overlook. Then I noticed the turd next to it.
This also is not just the South... I've run into this all over the place out here as well. :disgust:

Now in CO. Speed going up 10 mph because fuck KS.
Yeah - fuck Kansas. Jeezus. What a bass-ackwards hellhole that place is. :mad:
What I appreciate is when someone picks up their dog's shit in the woods, puts it into a plastic bag, then leaves the plastic bag in the woods. How the fuck is a plastic bag full of dog shit better than just a pile of dog shit that will decompose in a few weeks?
Yeah - that topic is one of epic rants 'round here. And what you end up with there is the banning of dogs in places... because a few fucking asshats can't be bothered to carry their dog's shit out.

Hell - they had to close a goddam DOG PARK in the foothills here because people are fucking dolts.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Yeah - fuck Kansas. Jeezus. What a bass-ackwards hellhole that place is. :mad:
We took the turnpike (aka I70 with tolls ?!? Wtf Kansas?) and there were speed traps around every hidden exit bend, over every blind crest, sitting high on every on-ramp, and hidden behind pilings on every over
-crossing. I saw more state troopers on the turnpike than I did in the rest of the state and CO combined, and I still saw a lot... It saves ~20min, but your likelihood off a ticket goes up by multiples. Almost not worth taking it and enjoying the country road that parallels it.

And we're home. Been for about 30min now. Layla has been losing her mind the whole time, as has Hannah.

@Nick's windmill farm in KS is fucking huge, btw. We couldn't see the end of it from the highway.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
We took the turnpike (aka I70 with tolls ?!? Wtf Kansas?) and there were speed traps around every hidden exit bend, over every blind crest, sitting high on every on-ramp, and hidden behind pilings on every over
-crossing. I saw more state troopers on the turnpike than I did in the rest of the state and CO combined, and I still saw a lot... It saves ~20min, but your likelihood off a ticket goes up by multiples. Almost not worth taking it and enjoying the country road that parallels it.

And we're home. Been for about 30min now. Layla has been losing her mind the whole time, as has Hannah.

@Nick's windmill farm in KS is fucking huge, btw. We couldn't see the end of it from the highway.
Probably best to get an ear cancer checkup once you've quarantined.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Stoney Going from Chicago to Livermore on I80 I think I saw a total of 8 cop cars last month...remind me to never take 70
It's Kansas. They are so underfunded they the state is largely supported by traffic tickets.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
It's Kansas. They are so underfunded they the state is largely supported by traffic tickets.
like i said....night time...

moving to colorado...moving back to tennessee....moving back to colorado...then moving back to nc....

never averaged under 95 mph for the trip through kansas....never saw po po....