Quantcast

>ÆÅØ< Thursday GTM >ÆØÅ<

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
At the airport. Should have left 11am but now its scheduled for 4am. Enjoyed my 17 Dollar late plane voucher salad and beer experience and now not much else to do. If only the bar was open but everything has closed down. I should have view the house we are looking at today but that is not happening since I am not landing before 5.30pm today. This is the beast:

@jdcamb approved?

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Not Thursday here yet, but I just got home from a 14 mile night ride. And... off to sleep now.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies, feeling like I could get through most of the day without being a total pusy but promises will not be made. @CBJ the looks like a lot of house and property for the money. Being the lazy ass that I am it also looks like a lot of responsibility and upkeep...

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Got off shift last night and my truck would not start. Damn I had the same issue 6 months ago. At least the repair should be under warranty. Low voltage to high pressure injectors puts the truck into no start. needs a new PCM. I walked laps around the parking lot waiting for the tow truck. It took 2 hours for a Large tow to arrive that could handle a 21 foot long 8000 pound truck. I walked almost 6 miles while waiting per my fitbit which beats sitting on my ass in the truck surfing the net on my phone

Lack of motivation to go to work hopefully coffee will negate some of that.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

This represents my return to work and the internet after a week in Hawaii. Pretty good vaca overall, the first half was pretty rainy so we just made the most of it until the sun made an appearance for the second half. Got in some hiking, swam with sea turtles, and ate a whole lot of good sea food.

Now at work which gets a solid MEH. Gotta earn that skrilla though to pay for such vacations however.

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
Morning all. Had a fun but slow ride home last night. The more I do this bike commute home, the more I want to do it, and I keep finding little urban obstacles along the way to keep it interesting. Started stirring at 4 AM this morning and out of bed at 5:30, delivered the boy to football conditioning, 30 minutes of weightlifting with a buddy, home, shower, eat, delivered the girl to school, home, huffed at the wife for still being in bed, caught the train and was at my desk by 8:30. Coffee # 3 in my hand and now I need to find some LED tiles post haste for NBA Eastern Conference finals. Is anybody here a professional in the broadcast quality LED A/V world? Sell or rent, U.S. based inventory is a must on this one. no time or money to ship from Chickidy China, the Chinese chicken.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Why am I not skiing today? I suppose I still could blaze up there for a few runs... tomorrow for sure.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Yo. What a shit show it was trying to get to the trail head last night. It took exactly 2.5 hours, for a trip that should take an hour at the most. Apparently some girl ran out onto the freeway and caused the police to close all the lanes. This then turned all the country roads into a chaotic mess. I was out in the boonies making my way around, where I witnessed another accident. Fucking plebs, learn to drive. :rofl:

The group ride was great, though. Half the dudes bailed (great start to the season guys!), but the ones who showed up certainly enjoyed the perfect weather and trail conditions. We hauled through the forest, got chased by dogs, slapped pedals on rox and then sprinted to the beer.

Looks like its going to reach almost 85F here today. I'm tired as balls, but think that I will have to ride tonight.

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here and mostly awake. Trail I rode yesterday is super buff and painful on the Yeti which has just too much travel and tire. I need to get my ht working again - anybody have a 1.125", full length steerer (or just really long), qr fork that they want to sell?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

I should probably get a hair cut and do something about the beard. Getting pretty unabomber-y.

if i had to drive into atlanta everyday....would look into one of these...
@stevew are you in Atlanta? . that helo would be nice, but the lack of logs (lost?) and the huge pile of parts is a bit concerning. Then again, what the hell do I know about aircraft maintenance. that is another monkey's job.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Here and mostly awake. Trail I rode yesterday is super buff and painful on the Yeti which has just too much travel and tire. I need to get my ht working again - anybody have a 1.125", full length steerer (or just really long), qr fork that they want to sell?
how long? i might have something for you

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
@stoney .. should have kept your Big Top?
Had I know Backcountry existed before I sold it? Yes I would have kept it. Too late now though. Now it's about getting the Access running again. I have everything except functioning brakes (see cooked Avid's) and a fork. I need a lower cup for the HS, but that's less cost.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Is the headtube on that frame 44mm? If so I have a lower headset cup that will let you run a tapered steerer fork.
I also have a pair of xt 785s for you, just needs new pads.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Is the headtube on that frame 44mm? If so I have a lower headset cup that will let you run a tapered steerer fork.
I also have a pair of xt 785s for you, just needs new pads.
Vintage, true 1.125 frame.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Not Thursday here yet, but I just got home from a 14 mile night ride. And... off to sleep now.
You approve of the light, no?

Got off shift last night and my truck would not start. Damn I had the same issue 6 months ago. At least the repair should be under warranty.
Perhaps you bought a KatrinaJeepFord a la MMike?

Mornin!

This represents my return to work and the internet after a week in Hawaii.
You coming out to play at ML +/- WR Sunday?

I rode to work after a week driving in because of flu-hell. :feelsgoodman.gif:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning! My Garmin 920 thinks I've been riding and running in outer space. I mean, I know the neighborhood hill is tough, but it is not 65000' elevation tough. According to what I am reading on the internets, I am hahaha ROFLWOFL fucked. Will be calling Garmin after my 11:00 meeting, but with the device being two years old, I am most likely SOL.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You approve of the light, no?

You coming out to play at ML +/- WR Sunday?

I rode to work after a week driving in because of flu-hell. :feelsgoodman.gif:
Very much, yes. As for ML, what's the feedback on snow? It's supposed to rain/snow today and tomorrow.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Yea, I was about to email the group about the snow. Methinks we are due for more than is feasible to ride in.
I talked to Dennis last night, he's probably going to bust out the snow bike and go do something else.