Quantcast

>ÆÅØ< Thursday GTM >ÆØÅ<

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Yea, I was about to email the group about the snow. Methinks we are due for more than is feasible to ride in.
I talked to Dennis last night, he's probably going to bust out the snow bike and go do something else.
Weather forecast called for 4-12" over 6000ft this morning through the storm.
Well, shit. @stoney : want to hit up WP/MJ for the last day of the season, April 30? I may haul the family up, too. Looks like not much open but at least you'll double the use of your season pass. :D

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
@stevew are you in Atlanta? . that helo would be nice, but the lack of logs (lost?) and the huge pile of parts is a bit concerning. Then again, what the hell do I know about aircraft maintenance. that is another monkey's job.
i visit for concerts...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Well, shit. @stoney : want to hit up WP/MJ for the last day of the season, April 30? I may haul the family up, too. Looks like not much open but at least you'll double the use of your season pass. :D
I need to talk with Wifey. I think at this point I'm just going to find something to do with Haley. I have one more day on my annual pass to the museum, so I might just do that.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Looking out my windows it's dumping snow over towards WP right now.

edit: and snowing here now too

Last edited:

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Me and my son are living in the groundhog day movie...

Get up, fight about going to school, I have to go to work so he sleeps the rest of the day away, I get home and everything is cool and hes going tomorrow. rinse and repeat.....

2 weeks since hes been in school, school said they are about to consider his registration null and void as he's almost missed more days than he's made.

I'm out of ideas as he's not legally old enough to work, and a paper route won't cover the rent I want to charge him for his room and board.....

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

Get up, fight about going to school, I have to go to work so he sleeps the rest of the day away, I get home and everything is cool and hes going tomorrow. rinse and repeat.....

2 weeks since hes been in school, school said they are about to consider his registration null and void as he's almost missed more days than he's made.

I'm out of ideas as he's not legally old enough to work, and a paper route won't cover the rent I want to charge him for his room and board.....
How old is your son?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

you're the parent. be the parent. drag his ass to school.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Sorry you and your friend aren't seeing eye to eye @mandown. Hope it clears up soon, sucks when shit goes sideways....
Yeah. It's weird when someone you've known for decades reacts in a way that is 180 degrees from what you'd expect. It's like when parents say "I'm not mad, just disappointed."
Thanks for the good words.

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
you're the parent. be the parent. drag his ass to school.
Tough to pull off when he starts school 50 minutes after I have to be at work. I've tried all the nice guy things as I understand we did move him away from his childhood friends, but it's time he gets over it. I'm talking to boss to see IF I can offset my shift so I can drag him to school.... His mom can not lift him, so I'll have to do the work.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Tough to pull off when he starts school 50 minutes after I have to be at work. I've tried all the nice guy things as I understand we did move him away from his childhood friends, but it's time he gets over it. I'm talking to boss to see IF I can offset my shift so I can drag him to school.... His mom can not lift him, so I'll have to do the work.
If your boss says no, there are other problems. They can't assume you will work vs getting your kid into school.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
just drop his ass off at school early.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Yeah - I wouldn't recommend the "beating the $hit out of him" approach... regardless of the legality of the tactic.

But, then again, he's not my kid.

I've been sorely tempted before to employ this "use of force"... but my rational self tells me it will mainly only make ME feel better. So I yell a lot, which also makes me feel better. :D

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Currently having a conversation with a friend on le FaceBok trying to convince him that the earth is not flat. I know I will never succeed because at the base level these beliefs have a religious foundation. But it kills me cause he's not a plumber, or a roofer who has little exposure to math and science. He's a fucking chemist!!

My brain can't handle the levels of cognitive dissonance happening.

Poo Brain.gif

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Currently having a conversation with a friend on le FaceBok trying to convince him that the earth is not flat. I know I will never succeed because at the base level these beliefs have a religious foundation. But it kills me cause he's not a plumber, or a roofer who has little exposure to math and science. He's a fucking chemist!!
ask him to drive to the edge of the earth and take a picture of it.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Already done. All he has left is some markers and a sketch pad. He told me he doesn't care to get them back...
TV, interwebs? I'd say lock the fridge, cut power to the house and leave a quality stinking floater in the toilet for him to discover.

I tried to pull this same thing in grade 7. Mom left for work and I just stayed home. I'm not sure how/when/why, but the damn school principal showed up at my house and kicked my ass into gear. :clapping: