Quantcast

ÆÆÆÆÆÆ It's A Saturday GTM Thread ØØØØØØØ

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Woke up at 6am after I hit the bed early last night with that nice tired feeling after a good two hour mtb ride. I have really gotten my groove back riding my mtb after a lot of gravel riding. Getting the dropper serviced made a huge difference too it really helps you ride my dynamically when it actually goes up and down correctly and fast. I managed a two wheel drift which is the first time since that happened just like the good old days. Just need to find my old 5.10 shoes somewhere as I look like some newbie riding in running shoes.

Working on the back yard today where I have cleaned up a lot of junk from the previous owner and expanding the lawn which is an easy solution now that I have a robot lawn mower which is a pretty fantastic machine. Low 50s, no wind and full sun today and cold stouts in the fridge - it will be a good day gentelmen.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Going up to maine for the day.
Truck has enough range that we can avoid setting foot in NH or ME before reaching our property, which is an isolated 100 acre woodlot. Won't need to refuel until back home so same routine on return trip.
Gonna watch some eagles, maintain some culverts so my road doesn't wash out, hike some woods, burn some brush and drink some beers before returning this evening.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rode early to avoid crowds. Was cold, in mid 30s, quite a bit of change from yesterday's ride in mid 60s. Eggs and bacon for breakfast. Now headed to the post office to return a defunct ebay purchase. I should get some beers, too, as I am down to my last can of Wandering Thoughts. Imma wear latex gloves because fuck it.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
good morning. We woke up to rain so today will be a home gym day and work on projects. Got the Merecedes towed to the shop right before they closed last night. Indications are that its the fuel pump or the relay that powers it. The guys will check it out on Monday. I am going to dig out some tools and repair a cracked fly rod that was my wife's until she decided that it wasn't her thing. Have to use a dremel to cut the rod in half, insert half a fiberglass dowel (after sanding it down to proper diameter) covered in JB Weld and let that set then repeat on the other half. cover the outside of the repair with jbweld and tightly wrap the area in dacron thread. that should occupy me for at least 4 hours

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. FaceTimed with my sister and her kids. BIL was still asleep.

That was my one to do for the whole day.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hiya friends. <3 I ran 14 miles after getting the weekly groceries. I left a couple of energy gels on a tree stump before starting my run and somebody took them. Fuckers. Hammer Gel espresso flavor with caffeine. I was looking forward to them!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Hiya friends. <3 I ran 14 miles after getting the weekly groceries. I left a couple of energy gels on a tree stump before starting my run and somebody took them. Fuckers. Hammer Gel espresso flavor with caffeine. I was looking forward to them!
You gotta hide that shit better or just tuck em in yer drawers

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Feeling a shit-ton better. Couldn't go for a run, but could live a normal life minus being slightly winded. Girls are fighting and I'm about ready to throw them both through the fucking window. Got Wifey's Echelon put together this morning - it's fancy. Changing from Mint to CountAbout because Mint won't link to two of my major financial institutions anymore. Fucking painful process because I'm 3 months behind on balancing my finances due to the fact it wasn't linking. the tool is a lot nicer and has not ads, but fuck this process is rough to get back to current on.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Somebody just randomly sent us a dozen donuts. I told MIL1 that we had it 2 days ago and she took it upon herself to tell that entire side of the family. One of the cousins sent us donuts.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Priorities for new fridge...

Stopped at small brewery and gave them a nice tip. They are doing deliveries....someone was about to recieve a whole shitload of beer.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip>Girls are fighting and I'm about ready to throw them both through the fucking window.
You do know what would help, right?

Grocery run, not many people, pasta and coffee depleted, not on my list.
Do people at your store avoid the bucatini? 'Cause around here the pasta shelf will be empty except for a whole STACK of bucatini. People are fucking philistines. :mad: Although it works out well for me. Also - people avoid the gnocchi. :confused:

Somebody just randomly sent us a dozen covidonuts. I told MIL1 that we had it 2 days ago and she took it upon herself to tell that entire side of the family. One of the cousins sent us covidonuts.
Fixed that! Lucky you guys had it already... :D

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
That was fun
Worked on fixing an old fly rod that had a bad fracture. First I measured the damaged area and cut a fiberglass wand to length. This was followed by sanding it's diameter down to where it fit inside the rod. I glued the wand inside the rod with jb weld then covered the outside of the repair with more jb weld and wound a double layer of Dacron thead over the repair and into the jb weld before it set. Finally I added another layer of jb weld over the thread. Now to let it cure. I will find out tomorrow if it will hold up to casting. Now time for another cup of coffee

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
:thumb:

Get yourself a can of tomatoes, some pancetta, and make some bucatini al'Amatriciana!

Also - Italian sausage, heavy cream, and gorgonzola for the gnocchi. :drool:
i am a luddite....i do not fuck with cheese....