Quantcast

ÆÆÆÆÆ ..... Monday GTM ....... ØØØØØØØ

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Back from two weeks of vacation. First Berlin and then a week in Norway. Norway we first spend some days in the back country in an old cabin with no electricity or running water and a spectacular view over the water. We did a lot of hiking and exploring but unfortunately my son got really sick the last day and the last day we spend in Bergen he was in the hospital with a high fever but is now fine again. The drive from Oslo to Bergen was spectacular too where you go over the mountains reach the alpine. I did one day of riding only unfortunately but it was an epic ride up to a glacier. Also dug up two very small wild growing pine trees and planted them in the garden. I will try and get some photos online it was nothing but spectacular.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Thunder woke me up at 4:30, oh well. Our friends that we were going to go to Montana/Glacier with have to bail as she is having serious siezures again after spending a few weeks at the Mayo Clinic.
She can’t be that far away from potential medical help.
Gonna have to plan some solo rides with serious bear spray action...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Pretty decent weekend overall. Despite oppressive heat, I managed to get out twice. Saturday morning I took a neighbor who is a new rider out. (He bought a used Giant Anthem from 2015... I think he got hosed at $2000. Even on relatively smooth trails he was struggling with going otb. It was a rocket the second he started climbing though. ). It was my first ride after my cold and i hacked up a lung,but it was good to get out.

Yesterday my wife let me take the car to go to a ski resort that's an hour away for the day. They were running a Mountain Fest there, and the lifts were running for the weekend. Got a few laps on some of my favorite trails, and got to ride a new, steep and tech trail that was awesome. Also managed to cleanly ride the trail that had gotten the best of me last time I was out. It's all steep rock faces, and theywere slick as snot the last time I was out. This time was dry and dusty. Slick, but not as bad. The true champ was my wife. She stayed home without the car with both boys who were acting like full-on @ssholes. Unsung heroes.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Spent the weekend at a horse show with my daughter. She cleaned up in her division. Woot Woot!!! Oh and I got out for buggy AF mountain bike ride with my other daughter on Friday after work. I'm gasping for air on the climbs and she's just talking and asking questions from behind me..... WTF, I wish I was 10yrs old again......

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I’m geared up to pedal my way into work and read some ultrasounds. Just waiting for wife to get home from her exercise class.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Great weekend. Scored a free weber smokey mountain and powerwheels for the kids. They loved it. I'm excited to get my grill on again. Had the most amazing road bike ride this weekend, scoring a couple of PRs on STRAVAAAAAAAAAAAAAA but more importantly really just enjoying the ride and having everything click together. Kids did great, drank some decent beer, enjoyed some most excellent ribs.

Anybody messed around with cleat wedges? I think that might be the source of my foot pain.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Got to briefly hang out with most of the CO monkey crew last night. Made plans to ride some bikes this week. Got some parts from @Nick for Haley's bike. Got an email from Chain Reaction that the Nukeproof is on it's way. Bunch of meetings today, but I am driving the M because Wifey's garage incident has the Infiniti in the shop. /summary

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Errands and meeting with some old coworkers for lunch. Redezvousing with the guy who bought my trailer to sign over the title and get the rest of my money. I WANT MY MONEY DAMMIT!

Great to see the CO crew last night. :thumb:

Randomshot

Monkey
Mar 12, 2009
Ft. Collins
Had to work yesterday. Meh. Then took the puppy to the reservior for the first time. He is a natural swimmer. I assumed his head would weigh him down. I was wrong

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
hohohohohhoo
mondbork
termite bond is transferred to me now
pitched a pants tent on the way to work, saw a flatbed with some sizable diesel powerplants on them (and vast tracts of turbos too)

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Mondays..... Trying to help out someone at another site with a problem, but nothing is documented, nothing is setup that same as what we do at all the other buildings. Ughhhh. Now I have to drive over there...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
The fucking mountains are STEEP down yonder.

sangres11.jpg

Not to mention a *bit* dodgy in spots. Needless to say, my wife (who suffers from mild vertigo) was NOT happy when we got to the "Phantom Terrace" in red:

FTS.jpg

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Epic weekend was epic. The camp site we had wasn't bad, but getting to the river was a challenge. Our neighbors were awful, but the sound deadener has worked out awesome. Next is to get bike stowage figured out and Frita is ready to road trip.

This week feels painful already.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
bleh. tired fri this weekend.
just me and Lola & damn that kids a handful. of course she was trying to push the boundaries all weekend & I blame a week at grandmas for that.
I have the house to myself all week, so its looking like fishing, bbq, maybe some sushi & peace & fucking quiet.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
At the dealer getting the oil changed and hath decided that rather than wait in the lounge with the rest of the peons, I shall instead wait in the comforts of a Hellcat Challenger on the showroom floor.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
At the dealer getting the oil changed and hath decided that rather than wait in the lounge with the rest of the peons, I shall instead wait in the comforts of a Hellcat Challenger on the showroom floor.
I did something similar at a chevy dealership & next thing i know they are pushing me to run a credit check & pestering the shit outta me. :/