Quantcast

ÆÆÆÆÆ:::::: Thursday fun times in Euro land ::::::::ÅÅÅÅÅÅ

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I dunno - I've found (small sample size) that liners that come with baggy bike shorts are universally SHIT.
Decent road bibs under baggy shorts are the only way to go. Perhaps overkill, but super comfy.
I went with a nicer model this time (Zoic Ether). If they still suck with the liner the right way on the commute back this afternoon then I'm 100% in favor of going with a bibs + shorts solution.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
@Toshi Zoic Ether is what I wear. The liner (when worn forwards) does feel a bit weird when new, like having a load in your shorts. But that goes away after a few wear/wash cycles.

Not raining at the moment, hopefully it will stay that way.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just got a call from Infinti; the recall parts are in and they are getting the cars ready for sale. Just made Wifey's wekend. Ironically though, since I will be out of town, we won't be able to finish the transactions and pick up the car until next week. She will be going up on Saturday to do the test drive and 'sniff test' to make sure that she's okay with everything (they hadn't gone through it when we were there last so we didn't get to sit in it).

Doing tons of practice tests and still passing, but too close for comfort. Going to be a hard weekend to study too...

Getting ansy to ride this weekend.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Man do I ever feel bad for the people in the factory here today. Just went out there and it must be close to 120F, it feels like its about to rain inside the building. Fuck that shit...

On that note, home time.

With air temperature flirting with 100° F the most notable task was digging up the greenhouse floor to get at a broken water pipe. It was hot in there but I didn't try to quantify it. Also wandered around with the chainsaw clearing blowdown obstructing one of my trails, burned a bunch of wood scrap, watered distressed plants, and hauled a bunch of wire fencing and posts out of the ditch where some jackass dumped it.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
With air temperature flirting with 100° F the most notable task was digging up the greenhouse floor to get at a broken water pipe. It was hot in there but I didn't try to quantify it. Also wandered around with the chainsaw clearing blowdown obstructing one of my trails, burned a bunch of wood scrap, watered distressed plants, and hauled a bunch of wire fencing and posts out of the ditch where some jackass dumped it.
You make apartment living sound awesome...

Today's ride on the Giggle Pig was OK, the trails had not dried out as much as I would have thought. The off camber sections formerly covered in dust and gravel were wiped clean from the runoff and reminded me of slick rock, that was awesome. The fast DH sections now have gullys cut through them, new lines will have to be explored. Experiment with lower tire pressure resulted in tired legs.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Have you changed your mind about the ND trip, yet? :butcher:
ND sounds like North Dakota, WhoTF goes to North Dakota? I few years back I had quarterly business in Fargo and the only good thing about that was this odd fast food pub franchise that served killer fights of beer.

EDIT: JL Beers - totally worth a meeting in Fargo.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
ND sounds like North Dakota, WhoTF goes to North Dakota? I few years back I had quarterly business in Fargo and the only good think about that was this odd fast food pun franchise that served killer fights of beer.

EDIT: JL Beers - totally worth a meeting in Fargo.
There's a whole effing thread on the ND trip.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Rode in the high heat and humidity. 1h moving time. Was ok. Trails are faaaaast though because of this drought. Totally blew a fast corner and wound up in the trees. Good thing they were small and bendy, and cushioned my impact. Turns out semi slicks offer no braking in the moon dust!

Shared a family-sized shawarma plate with two other guys post ride. There was enough food in there for five ravenous dudes... I'm stuffed! One guy took home enough leftovers for at least two other meals!

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Even with the tropical heat and humidity today, I felt amazingly good on tonights ride. Also, not sure what is up with my rear shock, but I dialed in 2 more clicks of rebound damping and it felt freakin' BUTTA SMOOTH. Need to not be lazy and take some notes of whatever the PSI and clicks are at.

Mother nature was a supreme biotch today. It sprinkled just enough rain today to tack up the trails tonight, but not enough to do anything good.

Tonight also marked my 89th ride of the year. I'm already almost on par of the distance that I covered in June, for August. Man the biking could not be any better this summer.

Shared a family-sized shawarma plate with two other guys post ride. There was enough food in there for five ravenous dudes... I'm stuffed! One guy took home enough leftovers for at least two other meals!
Yes, yes and more yes! Seriously, yes!

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
road trip to savannah today to preview a show we're hosting in the spring. didn't spend a whole lot of time, but looked like kind of a cool downtown, what with all the little park squares with live oaks/spanish moss, etc.

half day tomorrow, ride after lunch. 'bout freakin' time.