Quantcast

ÆÆÆÆÆ Tuesday GTM ÅÅÅÅÅ

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Basement renovation project is back as 4 guys arrive today and started ripping up the floor. New floor tiles and shower and cabinets and a lot more lighting all over the basement. Giving my bike room a nice update too which should give me more space and just a great spot to maintain the bikes not sure you all know how much my own bike room means to me after having to fix bikes in the living room for 20 years of apartment life. No bike this weekend but got a good workout and farmer tan in the yard.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Great success on yesterday's ride. Everything seems to be open and snow free. There was some mud, but I suspect that is due mostly to the excessively wet spring we've had. Might be time to head up hill and check Jones/Frosty park. Else wise, work. Meh.....

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Ride last night felt great. Cleaned a techy climbing section on the first try for the first time.

Today will be work and helping the FIL push some dirt around.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Mountain House is coming together. Perhaps next time up I’ll be able to actually enjoy the experience rather than working on it non-stop.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
:rant::rant::rant:was looking forward to sleeping in, then the phone rang, it was our dispatch. Driver called out sick and they need a morning wheelchair pickup 45 minutes away at 8 am. I'm on the mid day shift today. wasn't scheduled until 10. so much for working out. heading out in about 20 minutes...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Buy a house they said.

Happened to notice a dried puddle this morning underneath the pump in the basement which clears the water which condenses out of part of the radiant heating system.

I guess I'll be looking at what's not working this afternoon.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
New shock hardware is slowly moving in the USPS network. Too slowly, dammit!

90s in the forecast for tomorrow and I will lead a NEMBA group ride after maybe two years of not participating in those. :fie:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I managed to get a cushcore insert into a maxxis dh tire on a dtswiss rim, all without losing a finger.
I'll throw away those wheels before doing that again.
Rethinking doing the front DH wheel?
What about the trail wheels?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
New shock hardware is slowly moving in the USPS network. Too slowly, dammit!

90s in the forecast for tomorrow and I will lead a NEMBA group ride after maybe two years of not participating in those. :fie:
NEMBA group ride huh? Got a rockless rootless ride planned?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I managed to get a cushcore insert into a maxxis dh tire on a dtswiss rim, all without losing a finger.
I'll throw away those wheels before doing that again.
Michelin DH 34 + Mavic 823 + cushcore.

i was not successful when the tires were brand new, and have not yet had time to try since riding the tires for a day.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
we've been planning on doing a pool party at my folks place for our daughter's 4th birthday this weekend. so of course its going to be 60° and raining :stosh:

KILL LIST

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
they'll either give up riding or become WC contenders. proceed.
GOOD. Whenever I lead a group ride, I make sure to take the most convoluted and messed up way possible.

oops? :busted:
Heh, I enjoy shaming of lycra-clad testosterone fueled XC warriors who *must* be at the front of the pack, then slow everyone down on the descents.

The time may have finally come to do a lower leg service on my fork. Just need to order up some 20 wt oil.
Skip the overpriced bike industry noise, get some Motorex 5W40.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
wtf kind of fork uses 20wt oil? it had better be open bath
This is just the lower leg service, so only for lubrication purposes. No 20wt oil is going in the damper.

Heh, I enjoy shaming of lycra-clad testosterone fueled XC warriors who *must* be at the front of the pack, then slow everyone down on the descents.

Skip the overpriced bike industry noise, get some Motorex 5W40.
Really now. I used Harley Davidson oil at one point, but have never used motor oil for lower leg lube before. I have some 5W40 synthetic Rotella diesel oil, I wonder if that'd work. :think:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Well then gents, motor oil it is. Lemme go do that now.

Damper could probably use a rebuild too, and I'm sure the air spring would love a wee bit o lube, but that'll have to wait for another day.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Well then gents, motor oil it is. Lemme go do that now.

Damper could probably use a rebuild too, and I'm sure the air spring would love a wee bit o lube, but that'll have to wait for another day.
don't do motor oil...there may be detergents that swell seals. I ruined a boxxer or two using that in a pinch. I suppose it's better than dry bushings, but just buy the right stuff on amazon and do it tomorrow. Or, swing by my house and you can borrow whatever flavor oil you want including GOLD jerry GOLD.

edit: https://www.amazon.com/Maxima-57901-20WT-Standard-Hydraulic/dp/B000WK713C/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=fox+gold+oil&qid=1621962468&sr=8-7 one day shipping...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
busy at work but it's a good busy- everything is within reason and achievable.

waiting to hear back from the interview last week. I liked what I heard. Sounds like they may be interviewing other people which is just a terrible decision when I'm the best, man.

went for a run yesterday, picked things up and put them down, then did tabata this morning. I feel great and also dead.

the fAilfa has a broken sunroof, I think from when I accidentally opened it with the roof rack on, but shit. Headed to the dealer on Friday and then it's supposed to rain. Hopefully they can close it or I'll just drive really fast. Just don't tell them it was my fault.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Neighbors car alarm keeps going off. While half of RM battles local populations of rodents she leaves bowls of peanuts on her porch for them. I assume one of them has paid her back by chewing on the wiring in her car. If she doesn't resolve the problem soon I am afraid one of the critters may burn the fucking thing to the ground.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
don't do motor oil...there may be detergents that swell seals. I ruined a boxxer or two using that in a pinch. I suppose it's better than dry bushings, but just buy the right stuff on amazon and do it tomorrow. Or, swing by my house and you can borrow whatever flavor oil you want including GOLD jerry GOLD.

edit: https://www.amazon.com/Maxima-57901-20WT-Standard-Hydraulic/dp/B000WK713C/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=fox+gold+oil&qid=1621962468&sr=8-7 one day shipping...
Hmm, well then. Motor oil lube was just completed. Interesting to hear that it ruined a set of seals, perhaps this should be a temporary solution then.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Fuckin' patent attorneys. 9 months out from product launch, nope, no violation, your design is clearly not covered by the other guys patent. 2 weeks out from launch, nothing's changed with the design, stop everything, this is 100% a violation. Well WTF?

Missed a lot by taking the morning off to run the kiddo to the Dr for his 18 month vaxxes.