Quantcast

ÆØÅ >> Saturday << ÅØÆ

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Good start to weekend thus far: baby woke up at 5. I got her to go back to sleep by singing her usual bedtime songs to her and putting her down. Wife couldn't sleep after that so I helpfully suggested some recreational activities. After said morning workout I fell back asleep. A few hours later the sectional couch was delivered--the last of the big house purchases, thank teh FSM.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I too am going to build a bike today.

But first, I am going to go for a random drive and enjoy some coffee while doing so. Might even pick up some beers to enjoy while building said bike.

Today is also a no-pants day, because pants suck. Wearing shorts today even though its snowing.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Rainy day home improvement project three year of putting it off: going to finish the garge walls. Step one is to add the fiberglass insulation batts, step two drywall (maybe next year given my enthusiasm for the project).

i have half of the one unfiinised wall and all of the roof left to do. might be easier if the garage wasn't full of crap

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
I don't see the connection between mud and cleaning one's bike?

Sandwich is just pulling out.
My local trails are that sticky icky shit. Like, make your bike 8lb heavier and stick to your wheels till they jam against the frame. The tire treads don't even show through the mud by the end of the ride half the time.

Smart move Sandy, smart move

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Tired. Was up late last night studying and forgot to get Haley and Layla's breakfast setup, so they woke me up early. Swim school done. Play date at the park done. Cat, dog, and Haley asleep so studying for me. Planning for a bike ride towing Haley tomorrow

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Finally found my tire pump next to the trainer in the TV room and managed to pump tires myself without irritating the sternum.

The plans I made for a trail ride today were an a pic fail since I can't lift the bike onto the roof rack and really didn't consider that until this morning. I thought about taking the front tire off and putting in the back of the wagon but since thats 4 lifts over the limit I bailed on the trail and ended up doing an 18 mile ride on paved bike trails along the river.

Winds were sustained at 25MPH and at my back for the 9 miles out which I covered in less than 30 minutes with little effort. Getting back into town took me an hour and 10 minutes and wasn't so pleasant. I took my Trek Fuel which is stock because it has flat pedals, it's my loaner bike for friends who don't have a decent trail bike. Compared to my Sugar it's kind of a pig. No, it's really a pig, not built for speed at all!

Aside from the wind the weather was awesome, party sunny and 65 degrees. Tomorrow will be rain with snow at the higher elevations. I officially call spring.

Old me post ride snack = tacos and beer.
New me post ride snack = apple, walnuts, 1/2 cup homemade granola, water.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Finally found my tire pump next to the trainer in the TV room and managed to pump tires myself without irritating the sternum.

The plans I made for a trail ride today were an a pic fail since I can't lift the bike onto the roof rack and really didn't consider that until this morning. I thought about taking the front tire off and putting in the back of the wagon but since thats 4 lifts over the limit I bailed on the trail and ended up doing an 18 mile ride on paved bike trails along the river.

Winds were sustained at 25MPH and at my back for the 9 miles out which I covered in less than 30 minutes with little effort. Getting back into town took me an hour and 10 minutes and wasn't so pleasant. I took my Trek Fuel which is stock because it has flat pedals, it's my loaner bike for friends who don't have a decent trail bike. Compared to my Sugar it's kind of a pig. No, it's really a pig, not built for speed at all!

Aside from the wind the weather was awesome, party sunny and 65 degrees. Tomorrow will be rain with snow at the higher elevations. I officially call spring.

Old me post ride snack = tacos and beer.
New me post ride snack = apple, walnuts, 1/2 cup homemade granola, water.
I thought the whole point in riding was tacos and beer?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Finished insulating the vertical wall of the garage so Ruth and I went out for Falafels then hit Road Runner Sports and treated ourselves to new running shoes. She got Asics Gel Nimbus 18s and I picked up some New Balance 1080V6s in the petite size of 13EE