Quantcast

ÆØÅ Thursday GMT ÆÅØ

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Wake up Monkies its time to party. Vacation in full swing and more riding today.

Borrowing my brothers 5 spot which was in not very good shape when I picked it up but managed to get fork and shock serviced, brake bleed, new bb and a post that was not made my leg length. It has a Fox 32 that think is a soft noodle but at least there are no rocks in Denmark.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
0320 on the left coast and off to work I go. Yesterday we burried my Aunt in a traditional Jewish service. She was well respected as a community leader and very involvend in interfaith issues as evidenced by the presence of some politicians and the Bishop of San jose in the audience. She was burried in a plain pine box and as is also tradition we the family filled in the grave with dirt shovel by shovel. then we all went to the reception for some really good food.

Dialysis transports R us is what my days looks like

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Haven't been on the :monkey: much in the last few weeks. Got back from the annual family midwest road trip on Monday. It was freaking hot out there this year!!!!! Did lots of chillin/boozin with wife's family. Hung out on my bro-in-law's boat one day on the lake. We hit up the Sporting Kansas City soccer game on 7/18 which it was 95* and humid (but they won so it was worth the 3hrs of sweatyness).

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey. Hit the pool this morning for some lap swimming. 1500 yards total, with 1000 yards sans stopping (previous best was 400 yards). I've been doing all of my swims for the past month in a lake with a wetsuit on, so I didn't think I'd do all that well in the pool without the wetsuit training wheels since it's been so long since my last pool swim. Holy crap have I improved in the past month. Got to love the newbie improvement curve. I'm slow as shit, but that's ok for now.

I got out of work early yesterday so I got in both a six mile run and a 20 mile road ride. It was a beautiful day for a ride. :)

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Work then wife taking me to Modest Mouse for MMikes birthday.
I hope the VIP section in front of our seats doesn't mind me ashing Js in their Chardonnay.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Welp, new mortgage documents were signed last night. As a result, epic ride was skipped last night. I hope to make it out today. But of course, my oldest kid decided to be up three times last night. ffs, you're four and a half years old, why the fuck can you not sleep through the goddam night. I'm actually pretty pissed at him these days. His little (2.5 year old) brother can sleep through the night, wtf is wrong with him that he's still getting up 2-3x a night?!?!?!

Hopefully I don't die on the ride tonight as a result of lack of sleep.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Welp, new mortgage documents were signed last night. As a result, epic ride was skipped last night. I hope to make it out today. But of course, my oldest kid decided to be up three times last night. ffs, you're four and a half years old, why the fuck can you not sleep through the goddam night. I'm actually pretty pissed at him these days. His little (2.5 year old) brother can sleep through the night, wtf is wrong with him that he's still getting up 2-3x a night?!?!?!

Hopefully I don't die on the ride tonight as a result of lack of sleep.
my son is 4 1/2 months. he's been sleeping through the night for more than half his life now

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
hmmm.....train to dc 100 ish...flight to rome....700 ish.....car rental for week 160 ish.....

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Back in the salt pit, praise the FSM, I can get a moments rest. Since the FIL is in town the wife has all sorts of plans and activities on the schedule. I can only assume this is an attempt to keep everyone busy and tired enough to keep anyone from bringing up the "Mom is crazier than a shit house rat" elephant in the room.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
:wave:

Back in the salt pit, praise the FSM, I can get a moments rest. Since the FIL is in town the wife has all sorts of plans and activities on the schedule. I can only assume this is an attempt to keep everyone busy and tired enough to keep anyone from bringing up the "Mom is crazier than a shit house rat" elephant in the room.
what's a "shit house rat elephant"?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
trying to watch Le Tour on a mobile app. need verizon fios login. the one account i let my wife be in charge of (because she watches way more TV than i do). can remember username, but not password. :rant:

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Thursday and still post Whistler blues. Already plotting how I can get back next year. At least I have tomorrow off and sleep in a little. I'm so not a morning person.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. My builder, who was supposed to schedule the design center appointment (read: picking counters and floors and crap) within 4 weeks of contract signing, finally got around to sending out some appointment dates for the same. Did I mention we went under contract back in April? :D

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
my drinking ramped into high gear when i hurt my back.
And that's why you got fat... I worked too hard to lose the weight. I need to keep it off until I can start training again. I had to cancel my registration for the Santa Cruz 70.3, but I've *tentatively* signed up for the Austin 70.3 in November. That should give me time to train into competiton fitness.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
And that's why you got fat... I worked too hard to lose the weight. I need to keep it off until I can start training again. I had to cancel my registration for the Santa Cruz 70.3, but I've *tentatively* signed up for the Austin 70.3 in November. That should give me time to train into competiton fitness.
i'm not *that* fat. i'm 20lbs above where i wanna be, but only half of that is since the injury

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
i'm not *that* fat. i'm 20lbs above where i wanna be, but only half of that is since the injury
As am I, but if I can get down to sub-200# I will be extatic. I can't even imagine racing without carrying effectively four 5# bags of sugar. That will be so much faster.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
As am I, but if I can get down to sub-200# I will be extatic. I can't even imagine racing without carrying effectively four 5# bags of sugar. That will be so much faster.
i'm 210 now, target is 190. over the coming weeks i'm hoping i'll finally get my back sorted out (starting next week with lumbar facet injections) i wanna get back in the swing of being more active.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
i'm 210 now, target is 190. over the coming weeks i'm hoping i'll finally get my back sorted out (starting next week with lumbar facet injections) i wanna get back in the swing of being more active.
Hopefully the injections work for you. They had zero effect on me and I was advised against using them as a long term remedy in any case.

Stretching, riding, standing as much as possible, slow drip of Dales and bong shed is my routine to manage the constant pain, which unavoidable since I don't work a desk job.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Hopefully the injections work for you. They had zero effect on me and I was advised against using them as a long term remedy in any case.

Stretching, riding, standing as much as possible, slow drip of Dales and bong shed is my routine to manage the constant pain, which unavoidable since I don't work a desk job.
yea i'm hoping they are a one and done deal, but there's some other things sorted out. i gotta get my core strength in order; my sacrum is rotated too far forward so that's throwing my lumbar vertebrae out of alignment. MRI is gonna check for any disc damage.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
yea i'm hoping they are a one and done deal, but there's some other things sorted out. i gotta get my core strength in order; my sacrum is rotated too far forward so that's throwing my lumbar vertebrae out of alignment. MRI is gonna check for any disc damage.
Check out Tom Danielsons book The Core Advantage. Good stuff.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
hi folks.
life has been, well, pretty bogus lately.
My huskie-mix has an inoperable cancerous tumor on his tonsil & is 10 lbs under-weight. Meds are helping him stay comfy.
At least I have been off the last week to take him out & enjoy the things he likes doing, which are all things I like doing.

I found a paved pumptrack near my house that has been pretty awesome to blow steam off & keep in shape. I just wish I had a hard tail. My rear shock bottom outs on the rebound....not sure how to fix that other than a new bike. :D

Going to Cherokee, NC for a poker tournament next week. Anyone in the area?

Last edited:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Work then wife taking me to Modest Mouse for MMikes birthday.
I hope the VIP section in front of our seats doesn't mind me ashing Js in their Chardonnay.
HBD. Remind me to get you a vape pen for your next one.