Quantcast

ÆØÅ >> Tuesday aka Tirsdag << ÅØÆ

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Denmark visit is in full swing. Went to Warpigs brewery by Mikkeler yesterday with my brother for some damn good beer. Did feel like beeing in Brooklyn but I guess the is what cool in Euro land.

If you like blondes this is the town hole smokes they are everywhere and on bikes.

Rode some of the best sea side single track in Denmark. A guy I met last year who lives there told me where the keys to his house are so I could borrow his SC 5010 and then also arranged for two cool duds too show me around. Mountain bikers are amazing people. They were old BMX riders so tons of fun to ride with them.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Fuck it friday. Spend a goodly portion of yesterday bucking rivets in a confined space, and now my cripple shoulder is killing me. May be time to revisit a chiropractor or some other pseudo doctor.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Trying to figure out why dreaming during the night was going over the Niagara Falls inside an Igloo. Could have been worse, I guess.
...going over Niagara Falls in a Tipi for instance. And - and... the Tipi also then belonged to the naked Indian in Wayne's World.

Well whatev's. I have a Dentist appointment today.

Also hoping our Buddy Steve heals right quick from racing @ Thunder Mountain over the weekend.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Good morning. Forgot that I have a wedding to goto on Sunday, damnit. Need to take my stuff to the dry cleaners.

Off to work for fun stuff. :thumbsdown:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning. Meh. Is today over, yet?

New drivetrain installed last night. 1Up oval chainring, sun race 11-40t cassette, Saint RD with RADr cage. Despite the improved chainline of the 1Up chainring, the bike still drops chain when backpedaling. Time to play with BB spacers a bit.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

My neighbor must be having a mid-life crisis. She's 38 or so years old and became a grandmother within the past year. Hasn't had a job the entire 2 years we've been there owing to cystic fibrosis or something. About a month ago she and her husband separated, now, she's hanging out drinking and smoking weed with random 20 year olds. It's um, certainly something. :think:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Mornin!

My neighbor must be having a mid-life crisis. She's 38 or so years old and became a grandmother within the past year. Hasn't had a job the entire 2 years we've been there owing to cystic fibrosis or something. About a month ago she and her husband separated, now, she's hanging out drinking and smoking weed with random 20 year olds. It's um, certainly something. :think:
Well, fortunately, since you don't own your house, you can easily move out of that mess.

Oh, wait.

:D

And jury duty. :mad:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
got the tune wipeout stuck in my head

Every time I see shit like that it makes my stomach churn.

Speaking of which, 2400 yard masters swim done this morning. No 30' waves to freak me out though. I had a good road ride last night...my legs felt way too good for having raced the day before. Clearly I didn't race hard enough.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Mornin!

she misses getting pipe laid on the regular....

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Been up way too many hours, but at least I have accomplished some housework items. Trying to get some school work done so I can bike tonight and then work on my bike tomorrow (if the parts arrive) to prep for our ND trip. Somehow I managed to break the dogbone on my Yeti :eek:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Picked up the car, got a small cash rebate due to idiots, and will never be back there EVAR. I found out yesterday that motorcycle parking is free in the building garage. Makes more sense to get a moto, but now the wife is on a savings spree, so purchases will be limited. I can't complain since she is giving up her $3k purse (it was a gift from her previous employer).

So far I am keeping the car, so I guess that works. Also taking the big bike to the company picnic to do DH runs, should be funner than my last company picnic. :rofl:

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Supposed to head west this weekend to VT to ride faster trails in the NEK. We haven't had any rain in the last month and it going to pour over the weekend. This is what I get for making plans.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
back in the office after mini-vaca. went west (relatively, PIttsburgh) to visit the folks, enjoy their pool, and have them babysit the kid so the Mrs and I could remember what it's like to have dinner out. weather was good, kid loved the pool. sadly no riding, but slept more than usual.

yesterday was costco, nap (needed it), mow the lawn. was going to finish unpacking / cleaning, but the A/C stopped working. Pulled the panels, heat pump exchange was covered in ice. Like a dummy I'd forgotten to change the air filter. whoops. left the panels off overnight and pointed a box fan at it. thankfully it was cool enough last night that we opened the windows and turned on the house fan. this morning everything was thawed and dry. closed it up, turned right on. boom.

back in the office, dealing with shit storms caused by idiots. ffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Morning Monkeys.

Picked up the car, got a small cash rebate due to idiots, and will never be back there EVAR. I found out yesterday that motorcycle parking is free in the building garage. Makes more sense to get a moto, but now the wife is on a savings spree, so purchases will be limited. I can't complain since she is giving up her $3k purse (it was a gift from her previous employer).

So far I am keeping the car, so I guess that works. Also taking the big bike to the company picnic to do DH runs, should be funner than my last company picnic. :rofl:
Sell the truck. Buy a Grom. Profit.

Don't forget to post the hilarious videos of you on a Grom, too. :D

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Trying to figure out how to give Nick the ///M so Wifey can borrow his car, as the ///M is manual that Wifey can't drive, and I'm taking her car this weekend.

Otherwise, work and study.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Sell the truck. Buy a Grom. Profit.

Don't forget to post the hilarious videos of you on a Grom, too. :D
Considering the truck was less than that damn purse. :rofl:

If the range was a little better on the Redshift I almost have buy off on it. They just installed 2 e-moto charging stations in the parking garage that go unused because nobody has an e-moto yet. Brammo sold out to Victory, so not sure on the Empulse anymore.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Just got the all clear at work to take Friday the 16th of September off work. This means a) I get to not go to work on my birthday, and b) I get to go to Vermont for 3 days of mountain bike riding. yay. Perry Hill, Stowe, Waitsfield: here I come! (@JBP, any other hot tips?)

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
The sky was rather dark and cloudy on the drive to le studio. I'm sure there will be plenty of sun, no rain and dry trails after 5:00. And of course Halle Berry will make me pancakes for breakfast tomorrow as well.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
So pleased to be included in @stoney 's "fast" list. Unfortunately, I imagine that it's a typo, although I'd love to be out there riding the front range with the CO monkeys this week.

About to head over to the other building for the monthly all staff meeting. Seriously considering acquiring some stouts on the way and filling my travel coffee cup with them.

New rear HR2 should get here today to replace the one that I rode while flat for 7 miles during a greenway ride with the 6yo a few weeks back. It did seat OK and hold air but appears to be permanently wonky. Looks like the rim is super out of true even though it's perfect.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Rode this trail last night, a great local one that I haven't hit for a few years.
http://www.trailforks.com/trails/black-canyon/
It is often overlooked because we have the rowdier trails, but this is the OG 'DH' from the top of the pass that XC riders did forever. Forgot how much fun a 'mellower' trail can be, you go SO much faster than the true DH trails due to not being on the brakes all of the time.
Great ride for only 857 feet of climbing and almost 3K down...

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I am working on a presentation for this new job I am in. While I hate working with Power Point in the first place, I can't help but feel like this:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Adulting for days over here... fixed a broken fence post yesterday, starting searching for an applying for jobs today. I feel dirty, I need a shower. Or a bike ride, a beer, a handy, THEN a shower.

So I'll be able to keep up this weekend? I like this plan. Can you make @Adventurous, @Full Trucker, and @jstuhlman slow down too? The fat boy and sea-level guy are going to be hurting.
There is no word for the level of pain I plan on inflicting on you, fatboy.

Just kidding, it's gonna be awesome!

Just got the all clear at work to take Friday the 16th of September off work. This means a) I get to not go to work on my birthday, and b) I get to go to Vermont for 3 days of mountain bike riding. yay. Perry Hill, Stowe, Waitsfield: here I come! (@JBP, any other hot tips?)
@slyfink Millstone in Barre, esp. Screamin Demon, all the Harrington stuff, and Angry Gnome. Hinesburg Town Forest. Chandler Ridge. and, the.mountain.which.must.not.be.named.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Hello. Wingdings confusing so it took me all day to find the thread. Work, ride, eat, sleep, repeat.

I'm thinking about taking the Giggle Pig to an actual mountain Friday or Saturday, I've been pushing myself pretty had these last few weeks and so far no leaks detected in the new plumbing,

Also - I have beat the rain home from the trail 2 days in a row. :)

Last edited:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Wow. 22 minutes after my last post it let loose dropping .81 inches of rain in about 20 minutes. That would have been effen miserable on the trail. There is flash flooding allover town, the spillways are wide open down river. Tomorrow may have to be a road ride. We didn't get the worst of it, 50 cent piece size hail and 60 MPH 10 miles north of town, animals left outside are likely injured.