Quantcast

ÆØÅ >>> Tuesday GTM >>>>>>

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Back online after a couple of days recovering after my 215km gravel ride. Ended up 50min better than last year at 9:23 which was something like 23.4 km/h moving speed. I rode it with with my old friend from school and it was a good partnership. He started out like crazy and push the pace hard the first 100km. Then I all of sudden felt like crap and was hurting everywhere and in general did not have the best feeling but then around 75km before the finish I found my groove and I more or less took over as the lead out from there and rode really fast. The nature side of things did not disappoint

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Today is a rare Tuesday where I start at 8 instead of 7. But at least I’m still doing pancreas multidisciplinary clinic.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Have no idea what today holds other than 4 meetings, 3 of which are pointless. I have a phone interview on Wednesday, but I am not yet sold on the spot. It is legit contract to hire unlike this "possibility" that hasn't in a year.

While the idea of going contract to contact isn't as appealing as direct hire, it would be about an $8/hr bump in rate and a salary about $5k-$10k/year more than I had before here.

But it seems like an odd gig (might be a good thing). See how Wednesday goes, I guess.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. Back at work even though my physical state would certainly qualify for sick day status, but these assholes would never leave me alone if I was home. Terrible night of sleep last night, waking up every 30-60 minutes in pain and drenched in sweat. I am down five pounds since yesterday. Heh. I can't wait to do it again.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
By the way, this poor bastard is making the news everywhere for having to crawl across the finish line. I mean, it's a cute story and all, but the real story here is that it is ME running in the background in this pic! I don't know how the hell my friend spotted me in this.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
By the way, this poor bastard is making the news everywhere for having to crawl across the finish line. I mean, it's a cute story and all, but the real story here is that it is ME running in the background in this pic! I don't know how the hell my friend spotted me in this.

You should have crab walked it, just to rub it in. :)

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Also been geeking out on small project boards for the truck. When I was in high school electronics class, we would order project board kits for fun. I really haven't looked at what was out there until yesterday by accident.

So rather than connect the Chromebook to the inverter, I will install a DC to DC step up power supply to go from 12v to 19v @ 65W and put a wall jack in to plug it in.

I also found a class D amp board that does 50W x 4 with volume knob I can install somewhere nice to run the audio for music and movies.

All for about $25 total, just need some marine speakers.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

you missed a perfect opportunity to cross the finish line of one of the biggest marathons in the world while riding another participant like a horsey.

:stosh:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Hannah is back in daycare with no temperature, which is nice. She'll be going to an ENT in a week or so, as she's had three ear infections this year so far - two of which were doubles. Haley asked for a mtn bike so that she can ride more than just around the neighborhood and because she doesn't want to race BMX. She also said that she probably wants to do the Devo program next winter, but wants to think about it still. Since she's beyond my capacity to teach her more, all I can provide is time on the hill, which she seems to understand.

Was talking cars again with Wifey last night because I'm getting a smart head unit for the Subaru for bluetooth, nav, rear camera, etc (Android Auto) and she asked when I was going to sell the M. I pointed out that combined both of my cars cost less overall, cost less monthly in payments (none), and cost less to maintain than her single car even if they needed to go in more frequently. Then that both cars need to go in for servicing over the next few weeks. Pretty much killed the conversation but made it clear that the M is off the chopping block. I probably could have phrased that whole thing a lot better, but oh well...

Still trying to convince her to let me rent out the basement. It's a walkout 1-br in-law suite that we could get $1200/m for and we can easily isolate from the main floors with a deadbolt. That's over half of our mortgage, but she won't have it. It's space that we effectively only use for storage. It's enough that we could pay off the house 15 years early if we did it for four years until Hannah is out of daycare and continued with what we are paying for that. Or... Just investing that amount of money would provide for an incredible amount of additional annual savings we could probably retire 5+ years early or have college paid for in advance. The list could go on... Saying all of this stuff out loud makes me feel like it is even more insane not to.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Going on a whale watch this morning. Took some Dramamine so I don’t barf. Fun fact, Dramamine side effects include dizziness and lightheadedness, the exact things they are supposed to combat. It is also one of the top 5 abused drugs. Who woulda thought...

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Here. Hannah is back in daycare with no temperature, which is nice. She'll be going to an ENT in a week or so, as she's had three ear infections this year so far - two of which were doubles. Haley asked for a mtn bike so that she can ride more than just around the neighborhood and because she doesn't want to race BMX. She also said that she probably wants to do the Devo program next winter, but wants to think about it still. Since she's beyond my capacity to teach her more, all I can provide is time on the hill, which she seems to understand.

Was talking cars again with Wifey last night because I'm getting a smart head unit for the Subaru for bluetooth, nav, rear camera, etc (Android Auto) and she asked when I was going to sell the M. I pointed out that combined both of my cars cost less overall, cost less monthly in payments (none), and cost less to maintain than her single car even if they needed to go in more frequently. Then that both cars need to go in for servicing over the next few weeks. Pretty much killed the conversation but made it clear that the M is off the chopping block. I probably could have phrased that whole thing a lot better, but oh well...

Still trying to convince her to let me rent out the basement. It's a walkout 1-br in-law suite that we could get $1200/m for and we can easily isolate from the main floors with a deadbolt. That's over half of our mortgage, but she won't have it. It's space that we effectively only use for storage. It's enough that we could pay off the house 15 years early if we did it for four years until Hannah is out of daycare and continued with what we are paying for that. Or... Just investing that amount of money would provide for an incredible amount of additional annual savings we could probably retire 5+ years early or have college paid for in advance. The list could go on... Saying all of this stuff out loud makes me feel like it is even more insane not to.
Does renting include deck access?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

:rofl:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
You're going to need that spare kitchen while yours is getting remodeled.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO

*runs by man crawling to the finish line yells BOOYAH!*
^please tell me this happened

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
. She also said that she probably wants to do the Devo program next winter, but wants to think about it still. Since she's beyond my capacity to teach her more, all I can provide is time on the hill, which she seems to understand.

Both of the girls just got over the cooties & my coworkers 2 y/o is sick. kids are nasty with their germs.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Filming "Turkey Calling 101" today. Pretty sure by lunch I am gonna be level 10 FTS.

Planted the seedlings with the girls last night for our garden, cooked dinner with Adi & had a very domestic evening. The girls love cooking with me & Adi is actaully talented & gets it. Good skill for her to have cuz all they eat at their dad's is ramen, so now she is actually cooking real food there.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Did I mention I have vacation all week? Spend today gardening. Nice way to get fresh air and use the upper body muscle for once. Still a lot of clean up after years of neglect from the previous owner. Garage also needs some love. One day I may be done

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Did I mention I have vacation all week? Spend today gardening. Nice way to get fresh air and use the upper body muscle for once. Still a lot of clean up after years of neglect from the previous owner. Garage also needs some love. One day I may be done
No you won't. WTF makes you think that? As a homeowner you will NEVER be done with the endless stream of horseshit that comes along with owning a house.

:homer: