Quantcast

Ææææ Saturday Øøøø

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Rode the old bike yesterday. Felt like a death trap riding it after getting used to the new bike and geo. Really made me appreciate the new bike even more.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hallo ppls

shall pedal around Green Mountain with elder two kids

IMG_8680.jpeg

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey man! I did an hour easy on the KICKR... Just spinning my legs before the sprint duathlon tomorrow. Looks like about 100 people in the race. I'm gunning for a top three finish.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Beware - GM could quite likely be a peanut-butter-mudfest.
ah, good point

both kids have bailed anyway. would have been nice to know before putting the big rack + extension on. I'll go ride Dakota Ridge then. will avoid RR as well for the soil type and ride Hogback Rd to the north end start.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
ah, good point

both kids have bailed anyway. would have been nice to know before putting the big rack + extension on. I'll go ride Dakota Ridge then. will avoid RR as well for the soil type and ride Hogback Rd to the north end start.
Plus, I dunno about up there, but down here air quality is well into "unhealthy" ranges.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Shit sleep. Had a cup of coffee then proceeded to fall back asleep for 2hrs. Parents have been in town since Wednesday and the plan is to go to the zoo today, but my sleep retry blew up my morning study plans. I need to get at least 6hrs in each day this wknd to be on pace, so I might be skipping. Back to study until the planned zoo leave time when I can reassess.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Plus, I dunno about up there, but down here air quality is well into "unhealthy" ranges.
Yeah, going to stick to indoors activities today upon reflection
because if Green Mtn is a muddy mess, the trail directly across the street with far more shade is SURE to be good to go!
Soil type on DR is different. Crushed up rox. Zorro would be unrideable if GM no good but DR doesn’t get the muck.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Financial monkey update folks:

For those who have HSA plans through work, couple real cool things I just found out. There are new things that you can use HSA money for so that you don't have to pay income tax on them (see picture).
IMG_20230520_134152_01.jpg

Also, for those who think that they might retire early and will need money to pay for healthcare (pre-65/Medicare), there is a once-in-a-lifetime rollover of funds from an IRA to an HSA available. It's irrevocable, so you need to make damn sure that you want to do it and you calculate it right for the minimum amount you will need.

But, it lets you have an account that has ZERO tax costs when used for medical expenses. And if there is any money left over past 65, any used for non-medical just gets taxed like an IRA. So, can save you substantial amounts of money around healthcare.

The more you know.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Financial monkey update folks:

For those who have HSA plans through work, couple real cool things I just found out. There are new things that you can use HSA money for so that you don't have to pay income tax on them (see picture).
View attachment 194031

Also, for those who think that they might retire early and will need money to pay for healthcare (pre-65/Medicare), there is a once-in-a-lifetime rollover of funds from an IRA to an HSA available. It's irrevocable, so you need to make damn sure that you want to do it and you calculate it right for the minimum amount you will need.

But, it lets you have an account that has ZERO tax costs when used for medical expenses. And if there is any money left over past 65, any used for non-medical just gets taxed like an IRA. So, can save you substantial amounts of money around healthcare.

The more you know.
I had an HSA. Now I have an FSA. I absolutely HATE the FSA interface when I need to provide documentation for a cost. It’s such a pain that I’m considering skipping the FSA next year just to avoid the prices. Your post is clearly about a different thing, but it triggered my rant.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I just destroyed two bowls of angel food cake with vanilla ice cream and homemade strawberry/rhubarb sauce. My kids are playing somewhere and have no idea I've eaten all the cake. Hahahaha it was delicious.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I had an HSA. Now I have an FSA. I absolutely HATE the FSA interface when I need to provide documentation for a cost. It’s such a pain that I’m considering skipping the FSA next year just to avoid the prices. Your post is clearly about a different thing, but it triggered my rant.
For my HSA I have one provider set up as a generic “HSA self reimbursement” and I just keep my own spreadsheet with charges and dates. The HSA administrator gets no details and the end of the year tax paperwork just checks the box that the withdrawals were for qualified expenses, since I told them this was so.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
It's pissing rain.

I guess I'm riding in the pissing rain.
As soon as I put the bike on the car rack, it stopped raining. The sun even came out mid ride. :)

Holy shit though, it looks like the rain has kicked the mosquitos into over drive. :panic:

This one over night rain has also filled all three of the 55 gallon drums that I hooked up to the downspouts. Two of them are connected in series on a single spout. That's a lot of water; and they all overflowed.

Should have put a little water in them beforehand though, as two of the spigot valves are leaking at the threads. Will need to put some plumbers tape on them, as the rubber seals don't match up perfectly with the slightly rounded shape of the barrels. But that can wait for when they run dry..

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
For my HSA I have one provider set up as a generic “HSA self reimbursement” and I just keep my own spreadsheet with charges and dates. The HSA administrator gets no details and the end of the year tax paperwork just checks the box that the withdrawals were for qualified expenses, since I told them this was so.
I've been doing this for a few years and investing all the contributions for retirement. End goal is to do a large non-taxed distribution at retirement for oop expenses for the first few years. I only pull on years that I need to, but this year looks like it's going to be one.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I've been doing this for a few years and investing all the contributions for retirement. End goal is to do a large non-taxed distribution at retirement for oop expenses for the first few years. I only pull on years that I need to, but this year looks like it's going to be one.
I was avoiding pulling but as it just displaces taxable investment I don’t avoid it now. Money is fungible and the tax loss harvesting benefit from my taxable account is worth something for sure.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I was avoiding pulling but as it just displaces taxable investment I don’t avoid it now. Money is fungible and the tax loss harvesting benefit from my taxable account is worth something for sure.
Different tools, similar net goal.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Tell me more suggestions for retiring early

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Tell me more suggestions for retiring early
It’s easy, just put lots of money aside, and use it later when it has earned something.
You can subscribe to my newsletter, it has other tips that are shocking and angering the financial professionals.

In the next issue: “The terrible Financial Consequences Of Ordering Avocado Toast”.

Last edited: