Quantcast

ÏÏÏ Tuesday ÏÏÏ Tuesday ÏÏÏ

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Had a minor off at the weekend, front wheel over a berm a fair clip but rolled and walked out of it at the time, straight back on the bike for the rest of the ride. Now two days later my old body is complaining. Right hip, right elbow and shoulder, left wrist, right little finger all apparently took some of that impact. Left wrist seems most damaged. Getting old is a mixed bag.

Had a minor off at the weekend, front wheel over a berm a fair clip but rolled and walked out of it at the time, straight back on the bike for the rest of the ride. Now two days later my old body is complaining. Right hip, right elbow and shoulder, left wrist, right little finger all apparently took some of that impact. Left wrist seems most damaged. Getting old is a mixed bag.
Tell me about it, Junior! :D

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Got to work on some hot garbage from Britain today, to put two M8 screws in to a hydraulic cooler you have to put a socket in to the channel, feed a 1/4" extension through the hole, line the socket up with a magnet then do the same with the screws. And they wonder why they have no industry left, dumb shit like this is why.
IMG_20220524_202248.jpg

Actually, a rotator ratchet would have sped things up a bit........if it fit.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I did that too and now my rib cage on the left is a bit narrower than the right, silly bikes.
Did it another time on the corner previous and my right collarbone became a two piece item, it's still not fantastic.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I was on such a high yesterday from finally being able to do work around the house that I even enjoyed cleaning an old greasy chain. It was especially nice to start reclaiming my workshop in the basement so I can get all my gear, tools, apparel in one place.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Got to work on some hot garbage from Britain today, to put two M8 screws in to a hydraulic cooler you have to put a socket in to the channel, feed a 1/4" extension through the hole, line the socket up with a magnet then do the same with the screws. And they wonder why they have no industry left, dumb shit like this is why.
View attachment 176803

Actually, a rotator ratchet would have sped things up a bit........if it fit.
Shouldn’t you be wearing nitrile gloves or something? That’s not too healthy bro…

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Shouldn’t you be wearing nitrile gloves or something? That’s not too healthy bro…
It's just grease, dirt and hydraulic oil, it's the engine oil that is supposed to be sorta bad for you, and emissions from modern stuff with particulate filters. With that being said people in NZ were getting the black lung from running old slyle diesels indoors.

I did have to vacate my welding area because the burning paint smelled like nothing I had smelled before, wondering if was lead paint? Lead paint was allowed in industrial coatings until a few years back.

*Is it "smelled" in American English? I think it is........

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Garmin varia acquired. Nice piece of kit. Will try it out soon. Training is working- increased my FTP intervals from 3x8m to 3x10m and now 2x15. Soon 2x20 or higher FTP.

Still debating roadie tires. Will probably end up just going tubes as no tubeless tires are available aside from weird italian things

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Wife's birthday today. We are approaching a milestone year....

The windstorm that rolled through town on Saturday did enough damage to the city that schools are closed today (yesterday was a long weekend up in America's hat), so the boys get an extra long weekend.

Came downstairs this morning to find my boy watching The Simpsons on Disney... As long as he doesn't binge watch it, I think it's not a bad show for him...

I did that too and now my rib cage on the left is a bit narrower than the right, silly bikes.

Did it another time on the corner previous and my right collarbone became a two piece item, it's still not fantastic.
A few years back I hip-checked a tree. I hit it so hard I knocked the fat out of the love handles on my right side! Now I am asymmetrical when looked at from behind...

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

All 11 windows in the house, getting trimmed out (exterior) today. 2 windows were rotted out and needed to have the sheathing and some studs replaced.

Dudes are fast. Now onto replacing a bunch of pooched trim work.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning! I am feeling better today after the hell that was Sunday night. I slept hard for 12 hours last night. I feel pretty wiped out but on the mend. On the plus side, taking the past two days completely off from exercise have left my legs feeling great!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

woo tracking # received for the 1up rack. Its in Chicago and says delivery for tomorrow. :popcorn:

The windstorm that rolled through town on Saturday did enough damage to the city that schools are closed today (yesterday was a long weekend up in America's hat), so the boys get an extra long weekend.
Main road in the town I work in is still closed, hydro trucks are out there working.

The person Ganaraska forest was reportedly to be biking.

We got caught in the forest on our bikes during the same storm, but luckily only had to deal with rain and thunder, no wind where we were. The storm also arrived much earlier than what the weather peeps had forecast.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Rode the e-bike in to the hospital this morning. Was a bit cold on the ears.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
In the office again. Currently in the hate phase of the love/hate relationship I have with this place. At least our email server issues are sorted out. *EDIT* Holy crap, it's going to be 99 here today, and 103 tomorrow.

th-2876423114.jpg

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
My 11 or so hours sleep last night has messed up my sleep for tonight.
Plus I have this stuck in my head-

If I can remember my dreams I wake up feeling like I haven't slept much, been dreaming heaps lately, it's annoying.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Serious question: Is a "classic" (26" wheel, 2010?) Nomad worth $500? It could be considered an upgrade from the RM7 and is spec'd well, looks barely ridden and not at all in at least 5 years.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Morning Monkeys.

Serious question: Is a "classic" (26" wheel, 2010?) Nomad worth $500? It could be considered an upgrade from the RM7 and is spec'd well, looks barely ridden and not at all in at least 5 years.
for a complete bike? that's not bad. that year was the nomad 2. can't remember if there was anything wonky with the suspension on that version.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
for a complete bike? that's not bad. that year was the nomad 2. can't remember if there was anything wonky with the suspension on that version.
I figured the Fox fork on it was almost that much. It's a tempting prospect and totally in budget after getting a discount on the moto.

Screenshot_20220524-073814.png

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Is the head tube tapered? That was about the time that companies were moving over to tapered kind of wholesale... but there were still a lot of bikes with straight. I'd avoid a bike with straight at this point...
it's a straight head tube.... but 1.5 straight. so no worries on getting a tapered steerer fork in there. would also give him some extra space for an angled headset to deal with the 67° head angle.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Is the head tube tapered? That was about the time that companies were moving over to tapered kind of wholesale... but there were still a lot of bikes with straight. I'd avoid a bike with straight at this point...
Oh damn, it looks like it's a straight tube. I still might go look at it if he still has it. Thanks all.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Started shopping around for lights last night, since when does a person need to spend 2-3k on lights that doesn't race or actually go over 30 mph in the dirt?

I do believe Rigid, Baja designs, ARB, nightforce and a few others have lost their minds.
I have a bunch of Baja Designs Sport level pods and they are just fine. Never saw the need to drop $1K on a Rigid or BD light bar, as they seem to be well into the point of diminishing returns.

I do have a 32" eBay special single-row on the truck. Clear main with amber sides. Very well built, and it was only $150.