Quantcast

ÐÐÐ Wednesday GDGMT ÐÐÐ

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
WTF brain. Had a dream that I had introduced my old girlfriend (no animosity break up) and buddy who had both just divorced. They had hit it off and were getting back into the car to leave and their car was hit by a train before they got in (apparently my brain introduced a set of tracks in the lot of the wine store we were in). Total mess as would be expected. I could confirm that they were toast because of the level of gore.
I then proceeded to spend the rest of my dream trying to find contact info for her parents. Trying to get contact info from old friends, a former employer (family was a client), etc. I slept like a massive ball of shit last night and am still exhausted. I might actually be more tired than when I went to bed.

Otherwise, here and work.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Tale of two rides last night. Uphill was misery as it was 95* and exposed. At some point though the sun went behind the clouds and I was able to ride in relative solitude. Rather pleasant, I needed that.

Looks like this weekend will be partially consumed by vehicular work. Gotta re-build my leaf pack and replace a ball joint. Picking up parts tonight for the festivities.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
seriously strong cup of mud is currently being consumed. Stayed up a hair too late wrenching on my bikes last night. Forecast is for cooler temps today only into the mid 90s. now the only remaining question of the morning is which OG food to start my day. Oatmeal or Cream of Wheat?

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning! Humid as fvck in the past 24 hours, storms are coming this evening. I hope for a good ride with some fast dudes today, I need one bad. In other news, there are chances both me and wifey may have new jobs before the summer is ovah - that shall be interesting.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Ball joint just died a pre-mature death. I'm adding a leaf into the pack, putting some pinion angle correction shims in at the same time and doing a u-bolt flip with Timbren bumpstops while I'm at it.
Slip yoke eliminator FTW. Just sayin'....

EDIT - actually....do Tacomas even have a slip yoke?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Figures, I leave tomorrow for the road trip out East and today I have woken up to a stuffy/runny nose and a throat that feels like crap. Ugh.

Push through today and if there's time, a group ride will be done tonight.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Slip yoke eliminator FTW. Just sayin'....

EDIT - actually....do Tacomas even have a slip yoke?
Two piece driveshaft with a slip yoke right after the carrier bearing. Still, the pinion angle gets thrown out of whack post-lift, correcting for it isn't entirely necessary, you just save a bit of stress on the u-joints. For $30 it seemed like a small piece of mind if I'm going to have it all apart anyway.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I have a seriously squeaky ball joint on my Tundra. Did I fix it last night? Fuck no. I rode MoGNARch Crest to South Fooses instead.

Good decision. Followed a local motor down that mother scratcher and could barely hang on at his pace. Tinted sunglasses didn't help, we were coming down in twilight at the rain.

The Crest has the usual cornice suspects. Fooses has a lot of snow up in the trees still, and a fair bit of water flowing down the trail. I hear it's getting a massive reroute this year and next to get the trail out of the main floodplain of the drainage, hopefully it's still as much fun as the current alignment.

Tagging @SkaredShtles so he knows I'm better at #funemployment than him.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
mornin. work is dumb. correction, I like the work I do, I just have a hard time with my boss.

tonight is ride-night. But Obama is in town, so traffic is massively disrupted as most of the downtown core is shut down to traffic. will make getting to my ride difficult. Thanks Obama!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Two piece driveshaft with a slip yoke right after the carrier bearing. Still, the pinion angle gets thrown out of whack post-lift, correcting for it isn't entirely necessary, you just save a bit of stress on the u-joints. For $30 it seemed like a small piece of mind if I'm going to have it all apart anyway.
I did something similar on my '91 (pre-taco). It wasn't so much the u joints as it was eating pinion seals. I went with 5.29 gears when I corrected the angle issues. Damn I miss that truck.

My buddy wants to charge me $500 (some buddy, lol) to do the brakes and change out the intake manifold gasket on my Silverado. I have all the parts, I think I will end up driving it my other buddies house and spend the day turning wrenches. I'm ordering new hoses and a belt just because I got another Rock Auto coupon. :rofl:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Depreciation is a bitch. I've been looking for a new moto and there was a bike local that I looked at a while ago. It's come back up for sale from a guy trying to flip it for a quick couple grand. It's in AMAZING condition and it's a '97 with only 6k miles on it. The story goes it was originally ordered by Nikki Sixx (it has some interesting custom features) and never paid for. The original price was around $42k, it was listed last year for $5500 and is relisted for $7500. Just for kicks I looked at NADA and KBB, it's $5k. I just think its purdy.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
seriously strong cup of mud is currently being consumed. Stayed up a hair too late wrenching on my bikes last night. Forecast is for cooler temps today only into the mid 90s. now the only remaining question of the morning is which OG food to start my day. Oatmeal or Cream of Wheat?
Hey, are you bringing bikes up here? I'd like to offer a ride if you are. It's good here.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

I actually got a pretty solid 9 hours of sleep last night, except for the dogs wanting to go walk at 6. I just threw them in the back yard and went back to bed. Wicked lightning storm here last night, but it's beautiful this morning. Imma have to get out and ride, but I believe this morning is to be spent down at school with the girls setting up the wife's new classroom.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Struggling to rehydrate after sweating my ass off on last night's ride. Trails were perfect after the rain, hero dirt and roots/rocks just on the fun side of slimy.

Zero fucks given about work for next few weeks. Shutting down the biz for a 4 day weekend on Friday, then a 2day week before heading to allagash wilderness for some solitude and fish slaying.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Brain and body both tired today after working a full day and also managing to do several hours of work on a paper and presentation unexpectedly due Thursday. Getting this in would be very good for my CV, though, so I did it.

No word on bike ETA, which is just as well since I'm off to Seattle with the family on Saturday x 11 days.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Went out on an archery shoot this morning with a friend. He wanted to try out his fancy titanium arrows, he lost two and broke two. I just laughed and reminded him how he spent 80 dollars in 30 minutes.

Last edited:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Work day complete. Oatmeal always wins. Now time for some hard tail trail action. It's 80 and breezey. Montana is good that way, heat is almost always tempered by a breeze.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I just heard that my boy FINALLY got the call to start his drivers training at UPS. He's been working in the warehouse for about 8 months now and for the last 4 or 5 he's been working his off hours in the kitchen at his old job to make ends. I swear, say what you will about the bulk of this next generation, but my kid has a work ethic that puts many to shame. Single father with his boy 90% of the time (no joke) working nights and long ass weekends. He's earned it and he is going to put some drivers to shame in a real hurry.

/proudpapamonkeymoment

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Wife is at neighbors for girls night in, which involves much wine, apparently. I bust out the Paperwhite and read When Breath Becomes Air. That hit me hard. I highly recommend this book, and definitely reading it to the end.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
how the fug do you break an arrow at the range? shoot at a wall?
more importantly, how do you lose two?!?! do they end up somewhere in the wild? where people might be?!?!
Outdoor shoot, one arrow he hit the leg of the 3d deer and it bent the hell out of the arrow, the other was a miss that caught a tree. The two lost were clean misses, one we are pretty sure went into the creek behind a target, the other went down into the grass and buried itself.

Pretty common actually