Quantcast

×× fine I'll do it ××

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning.

A friend gifted a classic schwinn to me for "always helping". Pretty moving gesture to be honest.

Work & malaise on deck. Have a great day people.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I love malaise!

Is yours a sort of "general" malaise? Or are the symptoms more acute? Mine tends to present with symptoms of pain, sleep problems, trouble concentrating, and morning stiffness. For a while I thought it might be Fibromyalgia, turns out I'm just getting old.

Also... where the pictures of the sweet new bike?!!?

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Fed up of our house stinking of wildfire smoke. Outside is very smokey.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Maya suffered a malaise this morning when we brought her back to the vet for her extraction. poor doggo.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I suffered malaise waking up at 430 am. Could have used another couple hours of sleep.

On the plus side, ride last night was good, though a reminder of how much more challenging the hardtail is.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I love malaise!

Is yours a sort of "general" malaise? Or are the symptoms more acute? Mine tends to present with symptoms of pain, sleep problems, trouble concentrating, and morning stiffness. For a while I thought it might be Fibromyalgia, turns out I'm just getting old.

Also... where the pictures of the sweet new bike?!!?
General AND focused. Pic below.

Just went for a coffee ride. SO smokey outside.

15974112375784726792630821557680.jpg

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
My jar of natural peanut butter didn't get stirred well when I first opened it, so now I am near the bottom of the jar it's like trying to spread hard packed broken peanuts onto my PB&J sandwich. I tell ya, life ain't easy for a boy named Sue.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Can confirm both malaise and smoke. Went for 60ish mile ride yesterday. Wrecked twice, both times on features I've probably ridden hundreds of times before. Second time was pretty bad, went in head first coming down Captain Jack's. I am le sore.

Yard work and allergies on tap today.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Flying to Madeira tomorrow since Yurp is a bit less Covidish than US. Will have 1 day of riding but mostly hiking alone on an Island with no tourists (they complain about wearing masks in the cities so they are not going there) ie. a great holiday.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
A1C79C54-BCE5-4F46-BA84-2B096E1EAE48.jpeg
EE62F526-33BC-494F-85B3-4FCFB03CAEE5.jpeg

Was headed on I-70 up to Mountain Lion when this janky insulation truck shed a good deal of its poorly secured load. Went over at least one set of insulation and another scuffed my hood.

It’ll buff out, sure, but still a pain in the ass. Wheat Ridge PD just wrote them up so I’m free to return home now. Dash cam forthcoming later if it was working.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Good morning.

A friend gifted a classic schwinn to me for "always helping". Pretty moving gesture to be honest.

Work & malaise on deck. Have a great day people.
That's cool @Nick .

I recently acquired my mom's Peugot folding bike from the 60s. All made in France, OG paint job, even has front and rear lights that run off of a generator on the wheel. It needs some love, but its neato. It will go in the bicycle museum alongside my 02 RFX.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
View attachment 148665View attachment 148666

Was headed on I-70 up to Mountain Lion when this janky insulation truck shed a good deal of its poorly secured load. Went over at least one set of insulation and another scuffed my hood.

It’ll buff out, sure, but still a pain in the ass. Wheat Ridge PD just wrote them up so I’m free to return home now. Dash cam forthcoming later if it was working.
speaking of janky trucks....when i first moved to denver way backin tbe late 90's i was behind a pyramid roofing company down in the cherry creek area....by janky truck i mean a late 60's to 70's red toyota fj 45 lwb pick up with a canvas cover on the bed....nothing fell out....i just stalked it in my equally slow 1965 vw beetle for about 3 miles....

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Mine tends to present with symptoms of pain, sleep problems, trouble concentrating, and morning stiffness. For a while I thought it might be Fibromyalgia, turns out I'm just getting old.
Same. Unemployment is not helping either. 5 weeks in and no good progress so far except for a few nibbles that led nowhere. Not having fun.
:drool:
Drooling not only over the bike, but the scenery as well.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Just got a proper ass chew ‘n from the boss over a stupid invoice. I promptly replied back reminding him it was his client initially and why is he so quick to fire off shitty emails about an 4 day overdue invoice and not as quick to email when we make bank on a job. Ungrateful fuck.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Been busy since 7am and it's not looking less busy anytime soon. Decided to finally finish my CFP, so getting my ed done before I can take the test (Nov 21).

I couldn't see the hogback from our house this morning and the cars were covered in ash. That fire's pretty impressive.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Ride night last night was interesting. New front wheel wasn't holding air at first, I had to stop to add air a couple of times, but then the Stans and a bit of riding did it's job, and I was all set. Then, I'm beginning to discover that plastic bottle cages are temperamental. Too hot out, and they soften and don't hold bottles well. Too cold out (i.e. sub-freezing) and they get brittle and crack. I've been through three cages this year (Specialized (broke), Elite (softens in the heat), and Bontrager (same)). I have a steel Salsa bottle cage that I bought for winter use; I guess I'll give that one a go.

Then, as we hit our first little DH section and I approached the crux rock garden, I spot a group of three sitting at the exit of the rock garden. I managed to stop before hitting anyone, and discovered it was a dad with his two kids, 9 and 12. The boy (9) had fallen, hit his head pretty good and broken his wrist. Between the 7 of us, we were able to get the kid in a sling, walk their bikes out, retrieve their car, call (and then cancel) an ambulance. Kinda chilled us all out for the rest of the ride...

Still it was a nice ride, I hadn't seen a bunch of my buddies for a few weeks because of injuries and life...

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
aside from Melania Trump's coochie? No. You're good.
I knew it. Why would you all withhold that from me? Surely you're well aware of the fact that I am a barely functioning adult. Why complicate things for Stoney and I? My feelings have been severely injured just so you know....

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I knew it. Why would you all withhold that from me? Surely you're well aware of the fact that I am a barely functioning adult. Why complicate things for Stoney and I? My feelings have been severely injured just so you know....
I would thinking seeing something where the mango's mushroom has been wouldn't even be on your list of life objectives.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Jim, my friend, I would never withhold that from you. In fact as far as I'm concerned her coochie is universal and it belongs to the world. My Google search produced cooch-free images only. Should I procure said art, you'll be the first to know.