Quantcast

+×÷=Friday GMT][><

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
After all the snow and cold temps this past week, all of our local ski hills are opening up. However, I'll be too busy with holiday parties all weekend long to actually get out and carve some turns. Bah-humbug.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Crazy work morning here. 18f outside now but today should be mellower than yesterday. Hilo dropper started sagging a bit during last night's cold ride, I'll try to ignore that until it goes to a full fail mode. Is it weekend yet?
In other news, I am starting to like the Samsung S8 a lot. The big ass display is a game changer.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
star wars in 30 minutes....

stoney good luck with the second entitled white child
...:D

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good luck to the stoneys! (or is it "stonies?")

'Morning! So in taking my car to the tire place yesterday to get my snow tires put on, it took them two hours to do it. I was in the waiting area like "WTF is going on!?" Turns out the paperwork somehow didn't get to the garage area so they didn't know my car was there. God dammit. :mad: Manager Boy apologized, shook my hand, and didn't charge me. I'll chalk that up to "shit happens."

I've got another 5K tomorrow morning. Over the last three weeks I've run personal bests in the marathon, 5K, and 10K. I expect that streak to end tomorrow, but I'd love to break 20 minutes again.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

We are dog sitting for our favorite other dog. She's cute and likes to burrow under the covers in the bed. Last night she wriggled between my wife and I (had my back to her), inserts one of her little doggy paws in between my butt cheeks, and gave a mighty push. Nothing wakes you up quicker than surprise butt sex in the night.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I got Frosted last night.

View attachment 127318
My toes got frosted last night. There's still a but of a numb spot under my left big toe. Not sure if cause for concern. Will keep an eye out for black and blue peeling skin.

It was another frosty ride in this morning. 0°F, -7° with the wind. Despite the cold, I'm still sweating more than i want, more than is warranted at work anyways. I've dressed down as much as I can, I was a little cold the whole way in. I settled on a thin merino base layer, a light merino sweater, and a thin uninsulated softshell. I think the problem is my head. I wear a turtlefur facemask, my helmet, and the hood from the jacket. The turtlefur is thin under the helmet but thick around the neck... I'll have to switch it up a bit to find the right combo.

happy Friday y'all!

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Holy frig its Friday. This week has been a total shitshow.

Made some server/NetApp/esxi moves yesterday from a closing building. Miraculously everything works...hah.

Girls. What the hell, why do we gotta like something that completely fucks with our brains? Fo realz.

This Dell work laptop is about to get tossed right through the wall. Something is either loose inside of it or the battery has decided to just up and off itself. Everytime I change power situations on it, it just shuts off. Or it'll decide to do some weird bios screen colour tests. Or yesterday, while moving that equipment, the damn thing just shuts off and then says "can't find boot device". I'll show it the boot alright.....

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Holy frig its Friday. This week has been a total shitshow.

Made some server/NetApp/esxi moves yesterday from a closing building. Miraculously everything works...hah.

Girls. What the hell, why do we gotta like something that completely fucks with our brains? Fo realz.

This Dell work laptop is about to get tossed right through the wall. Something is either loose inside of it or the battery has decided to just up and off itself. Everytime I change power situations on it, it just shuts off. Or it'll decide to do some weird bios screen colour tests. Or yesterday, while moving that equipment, the damn thing just shuts off and then says "can't find boot device". I'll show it the boot alright.....
No, that sounds pretty normal for a Dell.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Yesterdays foray into the crawl space turned out to be quite a job. Though I loath my job a goodly portion of the time, at least it's not plumbing. In other less than exciting news, dog #2 did not eat breakfast this morning. In 14 years that has never happened, and I am concerned. The end has been approaching for a while, maybe we are there. :(

baby.......nap time.
:rofl:

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
:wave:

Yesterdays foray into the crawl space turned out to be quite a job. Though I loath my job a goodly portion of the time, at least it's not plumbing. In other less than exciting news, dog #2 did not eat breakfast this morning. In 14 years that has never happened, and I am concerned. The end has been approaching for a while, maybe we are there. :(
:(

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So a friend of mine got his carbon/Di Dura Ace bike stolen in Boise 18 months ago. Apparently the shifters needed charging, so dipshit brings bike into the bike shop. Mechanic thought the customer didn't quite match the bike (meth head profiling?) so he called in the serial number. Turns out one of the local detectives is a cat 2 racer, and took an interest in the case, and busted said dipshit at the shop.
Friend got bike bike for Xmas.
Warmed the cockles of my heart.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
No, that sounds pretty normal for a Dell.
Its been good right up until this point. Been going strong for a year now.

Better than the Lenovo I had, whose screen literally bends at the base when you open the lid. Or the Surface Pro 3, that you could fry an egg on...

Stupid computers. I should have gone into agriculture or something.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Well done sir stoney.

Morning everyone. The boy enjoyed his sled hill in the backyard I made for him last night, so much that I woke up to him putting on his snow suit over his PJ's getting ready to go again.

Coffee in, morning poop is going gloriously. Work tonight.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

30 and cloudy this morning, possible rain/freezing rain tonight and this weekend, yay. Supposed to pick up the car today, but they haven't called. Guess I could at least go see after work. Should be out early as most folks are WFH :rofl:

Congrats @stoney 's wife! You sir are in for a mess, I am guessing 2 is max out of pocket expenses.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Congrats, Stones.

Mornin!

We are dog sitting for our favorite other dog. She's cute and likes to burrow under the covers in the bed. Last night she wriggled between my wife and I (had my back to her), inserts one of her little doggy paws in between my butt cheeks, and gave a mighty push. Nothing wakes you up quicker than surprise butt sex in the night.
Great. Now I know Adventurous snoozes in the nude. The mental image will be impossible to unsee, replete with hair down to the asscrack...

Though I loath my job
I am loath to admit it (not really, heh), but it'd be "loathe" in this setting.