Quantcast

<×<× Friday GMT ×>×>

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Chest mount plus gimbal equals win. Helmet doesn't show hands or the wheel enough for context.
That is what I used yesterday... I stopped for many deer but missed them because I only turned my head. I guess deer are not why you video the trail...

I'm having a crappy time editing with the go pro ap. Time to Youtube it.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Chest mount plus gimbal equals win. Helmet doesn't show hands or the wheel enough for context.
Which gimbal are you using? That was my one complaint with the video I made, though some of it could probably be remedied by aiming down a bit more.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Which gimbal are you using? That was my one complaint with the video I made, though some of it could probably be remedied by aiming down a bit more.
I haven't bought a gimbal yet and returned my Hero 4 Session, too. Black Friday purchase of a Hero 5 Black plus the GoPro Grip gimbal (but probably not the Karma drone) is in the cards.

I did try to use the SuperView mode to get more tire in the picture but it still looked weird and floaty.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Standard gimble pointed all the way down. I like your video better, not just because rocks.

EDIT - ups and downs are after about 2 minutes, first bit is a comfort bike trail.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
That looks to me to just be a chest mount, no gimbal. Gimbal video always has a flat horizon.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
tom kha, mussaman curry, and IPA for dinner. everything spicy but the beer.

just kicked off my yeast starter. looking like brewing is gonna happen once the kid is in bed.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Deer hunting in the morning, lil man's b day Sunday, deer/elk hunting Monday, probably be in hyalite with lil man and the trailer Tuesday, then duck hunting Wednesday with a possible follow up for deer.

If you can't tell my freezer is currently running very low.

My shift is nights and weekends for at least the next six months, probably the next year. I just took this weekend off for a break from the fun.

Would love to get out and ride though when scheduling lines up, just getting back on two wheels after about two years. Major lung infection followed with a major work injury Les to me being lazy.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
As Montana rider will attest, I prefer Belgrade to Bozeman. Up for spin tomorrow?
You can take Midge out of Butte, but you can't take the Butte out of Midge ;) :cheers:

[without bleach or a tetANUS shot] :oops:

ETA: but their biking trails network RAWKS

DM: [I rode Mile->Sheep with a former Beautician (SIC) a few years back] If you've never ridden the Butte area CDT stuff his old blog is a good starting point re: Butte riding beta:

http://ssmobis.blogspot.com/p/butte-mtb-rides.html

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
If you see an image of a decent set up please post, the gimbal looks awkward for a chesty?
That's why I'm psyched about the GoPro Grip one. The Feiyu Tech and other ones out there look like janky pieces of shit. The GoPro one looks sleek. I haz excite, at least when sales roll around.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
The new fuzz pedal arrives in the afternoon mail. I'm just killing time until then.

Misty morning, clouds in the sky ...
View attachment 123802
How about this baby? A clone is arriving tomorrow. :D

Vet visit took longer than expected but I still rode this afternoon. After four days long hiatus, it hurt a little. New wheel feels good, new old HRII in the rear made the uphill pain a bit worse.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Wanted to ride in the light tonight, so it was path/road or nothing. Ending up finding some mud, even.

Strava says that I got 12th overall on a road segment. Lol wut. I didn't even pump my tires up...

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I has successfully performed my first rudimentary go pro edit. I decided the camera angle is too low. You can see one of the many deer that were up close and personal during the ride plus the one tree in all of great falls that forced me to shorten my bars. I don't think Spielberg has much to worry about from me.

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Talk about firstworldproblems... I went to the weed shop today 'cause the wife's outta town and the kids are otherwise occupied... and the fucking LINE WAS TOO LONG. JHFCOAS - I can't be expected to wait in a line like that for a little ganj.

Friday night weed-fail. :mad:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Talk about firstworldproblems... I went to the weed shop today 'cause the wife's outta town and the kids are otherwise occupied... and the fucking LINE WAS TOO LONG. JHFCOAS - I can't be expected to wait in a line like that for a little ganj.

Friday night weed-fail. :mad:
Remember the drive by outlet of Martin Luther King BLVD? Convenience on every corner?