Quantcast

++× gm Sunday t ×++

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
3-4”. and c’mon man. i do as much trail work as i do riding. if other people want a go, have at it. it’s why i put in my time at the one clt trail that never closes. i went out yesterday to work on a berm and saw more people there than i have in ages. i loved it. and honestly, it doesn’t mess up a well designed and drained trail that much at all.

spent some time today ogling my new-to-me frame in the garage...headset coming in on weds; rear wheel rebuild on friday...then, braaaaaap!!!1!1!11!!1

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
3-4”. and c’mon man. i do as much trail work as i do riding. if other people want a go, have at it. it’s why i put in my time at the one clt trail that never closes. i went out yesterday to work on a berm and saw more people there than i have in ages. i loved it. and honestly, it doesn’t mess up a well designed and drained trail that much at all.

spent some time today ogling my new-to-me frame in the garage...headset coming in on weds; rear wheel rebuild on friday...then, braaaaaap!!!1!1!11!!1
Just one wee, little problem, Thuper Awethum is now part of a State Park. While it doesn't close, irresponsible riders can alway pose a threat as they tend to piss off the Rangers. This isn't an old local spot where anything goes, there are a whole new set of rules we have to play by, even us gnomes.

They are currently building new, beginner friendly sections of trail and have promised that the main section will go unchanged. I don't want anything to jeopardize that situation.

Found out earlier today that all the cars in the parking lot were from one group. They are notorious around here for riding illegal trails, plastering the inner-webs with pics of themselves doing so. And if the parking area, the area that gets the most sun, was several inches deep in mud and ice, then you can imagine what it's like in the woods, on those well designed and built to drain trails. Six plus inches of snow will make the hardest of hard pack soggy.