Quantcast

@@× GMT ×@@

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
As the saying goes, I don't always take out my recycling but when I do I sound like a raging alcoholic.

Aside from garbage and recycling day excitement, it's nothing but coffee and work and hopefully a short lunch break ride.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Snow here too. Not good for my goal to do a lot of riding this week. My 215km ride is only a month away.

More house renovation frustration today. More problems with windows which is my biggest concern but also a drain that has to go where a supporting beam is placed. I am just trying to stay cool keep focusing on finding solutions and reminding people to do their job.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
We got a foot of snow last night. I am amazed at how totally clear the roads were this morning though. My usual 45 minute commute took 40 minutes because all the schools are closed. The snow is already melting because it's 40 degrees out.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Had the day off yesterday...called in to work to check the status of one of my jobs being installed in OK - yep, it's being installed. Good...knocked out some things to do, and cruised home to take a nap. Woke up to see 45 new emails detailing how the installer dropped the sign and broke the logo portion - 24 hrs. before the store has its grand opening in front of the Chamber of Commerce. We fabricated and overnighted a new one to the tune of about $1,200. He won't be getting paid, needless to say....

Remind me again never to take another day off.....sheesh.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkey.

Weather here looks amazing. Sunny, brisk, and not too bad on the wind. Now that I have an end date for this vacation, I need to prioritise my last days of slacking for maximum enjoyment. The wife fears the pooch might become destructive once I am gone all day again, she has gotten quite spoiled having me around.

While punching a timeclock doesn't sound appealing, $$$$ is.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Why good mornin!

Slept like shit last night. Brain was going the whole night thinking about stuff that I'm supposed to do today. That's not how sleeping is supposed to work brain.

Swapping out the rear differential tonight, then tackling the front tomorrow. Type 2 kinda fun.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
If you have the desire for dollarydoos, learning cobol can make many of them.
I might take them up on the bootcamp, it is interesting. But I don't think it is a good long term strategy because eventually it will be swapped over, or crash completely. :rofl:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I might take them up on the bootcamp, it is interesting. But I don't think it is a good long term strategy because eventually it will be swapped over, or crash completely. :rofl:
Getting paid for 6 weeks to learn a skill that can earn dollars sounds like a good plan to me if programming is your thing.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Getting paid for 6 weeks to learn a skill that can earn dollars sounds like a good plan to me if programming is your thing.
The issue is Cobol was a "hot item" about 19 years ago and was red hot for about a year, then nobody cared. They made a movie about it, you might have seen it or heard a reference from it. The reason it is getting warm again is the idea of impending doom just by chance, not date. But should doom arrive like Y2K did, few will care again shortly after. But we will have folks with 500# of rice they stored just in case.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Teaching music today! I’ve been subbing at my kiddos school all but one day this year. It rules. Had to drop in and say hullo, you’re not rid of me yet! Have a great day!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hola. Conference events started at 7. I got up and bathed in time for the 8:30 session. Good enough.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
As the saying goes, I don't always take out my recycling but when I do I sound like a raging alcoholic.

Aside from garbage and recycling day excitement, it's nothing but coffee and work and hopefully a short lunch break ride.
I friggin' missed recycling and compost this morning. those guys come by early. I guess it doesn't help that my kids school bus doesn't come by till 8:50. (yes, that simply means I will have to bring out the trash the night before).

ride night tonight, and there's a few inches of fresh sticky snow. Enough to stick to the surface, and hopefully fill in the post holes the walkers put in the trail when the temps were well above freezing and it was raining.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Morning Monkey.

Weather here looks amazing. Sunny, brisk, and not too bad on the wind. Now that I have an end date for this vacation, I need to prioritise my last days of slacking for maximum enjoyment. The wife fears the pooch might become destructive once I am gone all day again, she has gotten quite spoiled having me around.

While punching a timeclock doesn't sound appealing, $$$$ is.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Hi.
Going to see Leftover Salmon play all weekend at the Hotel Stanley in Estes. Should be a rootin' tootin' good time.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
yes. quite a few do.
according to the news story, it almost had a neighborhood dog IN it too.
I think it is a good rule of thumb to own a dog large enough not to become a snack for the local fauna.

When I lived on a boat my neighbors, Microsoft Execs who lived on a 90 ft yacht, had a Chihuahua that would sit on the deck and bark constantly.

I can't tell you how bad I wanted to see one of the local bald eagles have it as a snack. Fittingly our national symbol is more of a scavenger and thief, and not a predator.

Last edited:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Q: edit: not this time :D

also @TN, did you see this ... cats gonna cat ..
yeah. the kitties are on the prowl.
I have a friend who lives at the top of Sugarloaf who had two kitties drag their freshly killed elk onto their patio.