Quantcast

<×< RIP 2021 GMT >×>

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Awake. Still dark out. Will get up and make coffee/feed critters once the pup let's us know she needs out. Usually about 0700.

Shit weather trail conditions for riding. It's either a rowing session or a trail run day.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
In retrospect 21 was a very transformative year, My portfolio did very well, Quit the non profits the fire dept and sheriffs dept, moved out of the wilderness, bought the golf course lots, bought the coach, rode the motos, Traveled for several months, got back on pedals, back on the RM, been able to act and feel retired for a change, in all I call it a great year for change and personal growth even though I have to listen to @SkaredShtles complain about EVERYTHING, see way too many pics of @eric strt6's food and wonder why @jimmydean posts nothing but old man political content anymore.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
ate like a pig, slept like crap, who knew!

Still, fatbike will happen. Is climbing 3000ft a good idea? Probably not.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hi friends

thanks for another year of silly jokes, occasional talk about bikes, and helping me not do work. have a great end of year. I will be spending it with my kids and 90% of it in PJs

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello monkeys, and happy final day of 2021 to all of you fine people. I remember a year ago when we were all looking forward to a return to normal in 2021. FFS. I'd say the same for 2022, but who the fuck really knows at this point. Oh well...I just keep my head down and keep grinding. Anyway, I made decent money this year, so at least there's that.

On to the GMT at hand: I, too, did not sleep well last night, though I am still in good spirits. I was up before the 5:15 alarm and ran six miles. I ran 2514 miles this year and ran them all outside (no treadmill access). I'm working today. Since New Year's falls on a Saturday, the company does not observe it but they give us an extra floater. Most folks just use the floater today, which is why I chose to work. Figured it'd be an easy day. I saw one other person in the building. I'll leave at 2:00 at the latest.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
It's 12:50am here, just plugged my phone in to the battery thingy to charge and the power comes back on.
Poor power supply dude got called out at 8:30pm because three houses in the street have no power, shit start to the year for him. Hoping he had it sorted earlier but ran the job in to the new year for some better penalty rates.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
2021 been good to me and the family too only downer was the broken collarbone and my son hurting from Covid isolation. Still had some good trips including the US, managed some fast times on the bike, work went well and basement renovation albeit slow what was done was a success. My garden was an amazing refuge and workout. Had I known I would have started earlier in life.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
swap tires for the 3rd time
Still got caliper rub issues or now resolved?

Tired. DSO woke us up at 4 something. Then phone beeped with a text from older brother at 5ish asking were we ok with the fires.

Hoping to get in a ride this morning before the snow turns up at lunchtime, but it's pretty chilly outside right now.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
what the fuck is up in boulder with the fires....

the only thing different between this year and the previous two years....getting a vaccine that may or may not work...

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
2021 was just a big pain in the ass. Let's each of us, and all of us, learn how to open a new door to 2022.

English Caption needed unless Valtteri Bottas joins your group rides and Finnish has rubbed off some.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Made French toast with stale cinnamon raisin bagels this morning. Worked out better than I thought, 6/10. I think the bagels spent too much in the same bag as the "all dressed" bagels...

Going to try skiing with the boy again this morning, and if all goes according to plan, will drop him off with his brother at his grandma's house, and then head to a hotel for the night with my wife. Maybe that could salvage what's left of 2021?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just realized that our "neighbor" across the open space is a "go Trump, you can't make me stop my fireworks" asshole. I think I'm going to have to reconnect my sprinklers (bit not fill them) and get the hose sprinkler put into the backyard today.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Just realized that our "neighbor" across the open space is a "go Trump, you can't make me stop my fireworks" asshole. I think I'm going to have to reconnect my sprinklers (bit not fill them) and get the hose sprinkler put into the backyard today.
Check your local noise ordinances while you're at it.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Will I make it to midnight tonight? No

Will I make any effort at all to make it to midnight? Also no

Excited to start the next year of the Pandemic, hoping for more supply chain issues and mixed messaging from the government, those two things really made 2021 awesome.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Im sure the fire marshal will be extra interested to know that given yesterdays events in town.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Going for a hike. Making pizzas tonight, woot.

Just witnessed an accident on the freeway. Saw a Toyota Camry slam into the back of a van, which was stopped in the center lane. Center lane was littered with boxes and luggage bags.

The lady in the Camry started getting out of her car - fuckkkk. It literally just happened so people were still swerving all over to avoid the mess, including a dump truck with trailer, whose tires locked up and were smoking. I noped right out of there, did not want to also witness her getting smoked.

And then low and behold, a few kilometers up, there's a red pickup truck overloaded with luggage and crap*. No straps. I wonder who caused all that....:disgust1:

*edit: I should clarify that the truck was also pulled over.

Last edited: