Quantcast

<×< RIP 2021 GMT >×>

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I slept from 8-10 after downing Aleve for a headache then awoke. Made it to midnight for the first time in years, albeit inadvertently.

Exciting times being 40 and all

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
You were on I-70? Visibility was just total shit after 5 pm coming from WP resort to Tabernash. 40 mph was plenty fast—not enough visual markers to get the brain settled.
Yep - we left Pepe Osaka's around 5pm. Was 2nd car behind a plow heading up the pass, so it was slow going. 2 complete asshats passed the long line of cars behind the plow, then the plow itself, in extremely poor visibility on blind mountain curves. :fie:

Then a 3rd asshat (in a shitty old RWD "free candy" van) passed the long line of cars but decided not to pass the plow, so he ended up ahead of me but behind the plow. Then the plow stopped to turn at the top of the pass and I went around said asshat and the plow at the summit. Asshat then proceeded to ride my ass *down* the pass for a couple miles, then passed me again. At the first switchback he did a 180 - fortunately I was well back by this point and there were no vehicles coming *up* when he did it.

We got on 70 at Empire and the road was eerily empty for many miles due to the many closures... then we got to Floyd Hill and had to play "shitty-tire vehicle slalom" going up the hill. Wife was not terribly amused when I decided the unplowed shoulder was by far the best option for getting around all the morans with shitty tires.

Got off at the top of the hill and took an unplowed 40 all the way around to Evergreen, played a bit more slalom, then bailed over to Bear Creek canyon in Evergreen to get back down the hill. Slow going, but at least there weren't any goddam dipshits messing up the works.

Got home and got likkered for the NY. Barely made it to midnight.

I'd like to think a bunch of people learned some lessons last evening, but I'm old enough at this point to realize that it's unlikely any morans learned *anything*... :disgust:

I am fairly impressed by the snow/ice performance of the new tires on the truck, though... at least as good as the old Michy's I had on it.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I am fairly impressed by the snow/ice performance of the new tires on the truck, though... at least as good as the old Michy's I had on it.
What have you got on it?

The General Grabber Arctic LT's we just put on the plow to use on asphalt have been great for the use I've given them so far versus the old chains on the dirt roads.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
What have you got on it?

The General Grabber Arctic LT's we just put on the plow to use on asphalt have been great for the use I've given them so far versus the old chains on the dirt roads.
They're Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 3's. Prior to that I had several sets of Michelin LTX A/T 2's which I really liked. I would have put another set of those on, but supply chain issues had different ideas...

These are all just all-season A/T tires - not dedicated snows.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Concur. With the rise of home values in the last 2 years, your insurance likely is not enough to meet the need of your property. We had to bump ours up $200k, based solely on the increased cost of replacement if this place burns down.
Scheduling things such as bikes, photo gear, lawnmowers and other fairly expensive home items is a great way to increase your personal property limit in the case of a total loss.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
#dieckpics

Just curious, you are always talking about your mountain house, but all pics you post from it show fairly flat surroundings and no high mountains in the background. Bad camera angles? Plateau?
View from mountain today. My house is somewhere in that highlighted area, across a small plateau/valley.

5966A8A4-8C50-4320-9179-DD6F8B11FB12.jpeg

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Scheduling things such as bikes, photo gear, lawnmowers and other fairly expensive home items is a great way to increase your personal property limit in the case of a total loss.
We go through the house and take pictures of everything we have about every 5-6 months. Open every closet, the storage shed, etc. It allows, in the case of a claim, to say "I had a Kitchen Aid 12" mixing machine vs. I had a mixing machine. Also allows for keeping track of upgrades and changes to the house. Insurance companies will pay out dead min if possible. Being able to provide a list of actual items is a solid counter to minimal price offers.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
We go through the house and take pictures of everything we have about every 5-6 months. Open every closet, the storage shed, etc. It allows, in the case of a claim, to say "I had a Kitchen Aid 12" mixing machine vs. I had a mixing machine. Also allows for keeping track of upgrades and changes to the house. Insurance companies will pay out dead min if possible. Being able to provide a list of actual items is a solid counter to minimal price offers.
"I had a counter top plug in ass vibrator".