Quantcast

× Wednesday MT ×

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Rims arrived yesterday and wheels were promptly built. All went well, minus attempting to get the DHF mounted. Holy hell was that difficult.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Apparently I had too much beer last night. Brain is a little foggy this morning.

But its ride night, so whatever. Need to run home at lunch and get my shoes, which I forgot.

Wind is HOWLING today. Fingers crossed for no downed trees.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
IN!! Got away for a few days to see some family in PA and MD. Did my first ever hike on the AT. For years I've had a weird obsession with it but just never spent the time to go to a section and hike it. It was just a short family hike mostly to not over work my kids or wife so they didn't end up hating it. It was a perfect day!! We are sans kids for the week so my wife and I closed the local bar down last night. I jokingly said it was the first time we closed a bar down in 15years, it was 9:30pm. Last night was the first night they were allowed to have the bar open under NY on Pause rules.
5zX6daTQ-resize.jpeg

xVzQt2lw-resize.jpeg

Few shots from my F'ing hot bike ride last night.

LYB__evQ-resize.jpeg

dujmtmSA-resize.jpeg

Last edited:

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Let me tell you a 4th of July story. We lived away from town among plant nurseries and cow pastures The only house near us was across the road set back about a hundred yards. We don't really talk to them but I noticed the guys wife and kids packed up and left in June. So then the guy starts firing fireworks mortars on July 1st. From 9 am to 2 am he'd fire one every 3 to 5 minutes all day. Just boom boom boom all day for days. Hundreds of mortars, he must have spent thousands of dollars. So he does this all the way till the early morning of July 5th, then it stops. Two days later I see a bunch of cops and a coroner's van at his house. Turns out the last boom was him shooting himself in the head.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:picsstfu:

When we riding again? ;)

Morning. Storms in the forecast so good chance of no riding for me today.
If you ever feel like doing an early'ish morning ride on Sundays, my bro and I have established a 7:30 at Massasoit State Park. Bit of a haul for you, but its an entertaining loop. Kinda Fellsy in nature, without as much double track, but also without those few tech sections.

We've also been doing a Thursday at 4pm, Borderland State Park. That place is good fun, no real climbs or downs to speak of, just a slew of chunky technical terrain.

Otherwise Ima have to make it back up your way. My bad.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
DSO decided to tell the deer outside at 3AM that they weren't invited...

If you ever feel like doing an early'ish morning ride on Sundays, my bro and I have established a 7:30 at Massasoit State Park. Bit of a haul for you, but its an entertaining loop. Kinda Fellsy in nature, without as much double track, but also without those few tech sections.

We've also been doing a Thursday at 4pm, Borderland State Park. That place is good fun, no real climbs or downs to speak of, just a slew of chunky technical terrain.

Otherwise Ima have to make it back up your way. My bad.
Borderland's a hoot.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Have not ventured beyond bed yet. Wife got baby changed and provided baby delivery services, and then the middle child came in for snuggles and tickles as well.

So that’s a good start to the day. Bear Creek Lake Park once we all rouse ourselves sufficiently.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Another 2000 yard pool swim done this morning, and once again slow as hell. Among a day full of meetings, I've got a 90 minute lunch window where I will go for a hot and humid run.

Speaking of which, instead of running or going for a ride on my tri bike last night, Wife DRAGGED me along on her MTB ride. BOOOOO!!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Another 2000 yard pool swim done this morning, and once again slow as hell. Among a day full of meetings, I've got a 90 minute lunch window where I will go for a hot and humid run.

Speaking of which, instead of running or going for a ride on my tri bike last night, Wife DRAGGED me along on her MTB ride. BOOOOO!!!!

LOL, nice kit though. I still have mine.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Borderland's a hoot.
Going to be a lot more fun on the squishy bike. With the hardtail, unless I brought my a-game and hit the right lines through the rock gardens, I would just get lost in the sauce and have to bounce through the rough sections.

heck I'm tired.
I feel you. They've been setting fireworks off here for oh, 3.5 weeks now. Starts at 10:30 pm and goes until 3:30 am. It's so fucking annoying.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
nice ride yesterday. Trails aren't as busy, at least no more weirdos who only go outside when they can't spend their days getting haircuts and eating chicken wings. Of course Covid cases started quickly rising immediately after things started opening up so we may go back to the old ways quickly.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
nice ride yesterday. Trails aren't as busy, at least no more weirdos who only go outside when they can't spend their days getting haircuts and eating chicken wings. Of course Covid cases started quickly rising immediately after things started opening up so we may go back to the old ways quickly.
flying will seperate the wheat from the chaff real quick....

and i hope the basset hound that went by is on my flight....