Quantcast

ßßßßßß - Tuesday GTM - †††††††

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Finally got around using the burrito folding advice I saw online and it worked! I got so excited I did not control my hot sauce pour and I am still feeling it this morning. I still need to get better at making pice de gallo.

Planning a ride later as it will get colder and rain moving in the rest of the week.

Last edited:

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Last day of my weekend today.
Just about to have the slow cooker lamb with mash potatoes & steamed Broccoli for dinner.
Managed to get the wall cabinet built that houses the rangehood for the kitchen, and sorted out some of the lighting for the house.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Average day at work.

Just finished ordering stuff to make a new bike bag, I decided to go strapless which is a dumb idea.
I will regret it as soon as the first of the 12 magnets I have to sew in to the bag sticks to the deck on my sewing machine.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

Better sleep last night, but it took a while to actually fall asleep. Could have easily kept sleeping this morning. Brain only slightly jazzed at having to work.

Coffee'ing it now.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
oh joy it's going to hit 100F today with winds to 25 miles an hour. I wonder how many fires will start in this predicted 3 day heat wave. Most of the state is under red flag warnings. On the brighter side I will be doing transports near the Bay where is should be a little cooler

Now to enjoy my espresso

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello and all that jazz. There was a chick pulled over this morning getting a sobriety test and it wasn't looking good. 7:30 AM....that's no way to live, son.

Wife is taking my MTB and road bike to the shop today for service. Regular oil change for the prior, and the road bike started acting like a prick when it was on the TRAINER the other day. I've had that thing on the trainer since last summer and it's been working like a champ, then all of a sudden it started grinding and the front rings were looking warped. I dunno...that's why it's going to the shop, lmfao.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

WFH day with minimal planned. There will be planning sessions all day today, so some stuff should get planned.

My major complaint was I got sucked into the websocket project for 4 sprints (3 weeks each), yet I couldn't get a whole week to test the entire release. We didn't even make any websocket changes, we were just over engineering a test framework because of one jackass who cried the loudest.

I'm not asking for 4 sprints to test a release, but 1 sprint would be nice. We should at least put as much effort into a product release as we do as a pet feature test. Just saying.

I'm not an expert, but I'm damn close in this case.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
On another note, the Achilles tendon on my left leg has felt messed up for about a week (maybe more...). Over the weekend, when I got up from sleep or after not walking around, I'd have a limp as it felt super stiff. But after a few steps it'd feel normal.

Has anyone else had this? Did it just go away or should I see a doc?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
coffeeing, picking up around the house for people to come over after kiddo's graduation. wife is in full-on everything must be spotless mode...not sure if she realizes people are coming over to hang out, not inspect the house with white gloves. oh well...

in other news, kinda sore from slamming trying out one of the new local jumplines. getting old'll getcha!

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
View attachment 212793

4 days of round trip travel might take up most of the week, but will keep it mind when I have more than a week.
Oh wow, I didn't recall it taking that long to get there, but it was like '02 when I went. Admiral Nimitz was an awesome golf course, but it seems it closed a decade ago, so maybe its not worth the effort. Unless the strip clubs and gun ranges have been upgraded.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
howdy all

was going to cargo bike my sweet Baby Aya in for her second from last day of preschool and then ride a trail this morning

but instead she wandered into our room sometime overnight with a fever, mumbling half-coherently about her legs not working (? yet she walked in). I snuggled with her for a bit, she got a packet of Tylenol, and then she wandered back to her room on her own.

anyway, between that, staying up late reading a book, and my wife having a coughing fit I slept poorly. knocking off things from my around-the-house list today instead: epoxied scratches on my Boxxer, pulled the dropper on the commuter bike to send it in for service, etc.

time to be European and head to The UPS Store on the cargo bike in a bit.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
:wave:

Better sleep last night, but it took a while to actually fall asleep. Could have easily kept sleeping this morning. Brain only slightly jazzed at having to work.

Coffee'ing it now.
:stupid: should be another warm one today, but I got up too late to ride this morning. heck, I say.
:stupid:
On another note, the Achilles tendon on my left leg has felt messed up for about a week (maybe more...). Over the weekend, when I got up from sleep or after not walking around, I'd have a limp as it felt super stiff. But after a few steps it'd feel normal.

Has anyone else had this? Did it just go away or should I see a doc?
I've been dealing with something similar for.... 10 years? right ankle doesn't flex as much as the other, and the tendon gets very sore, especially after biking. something about the fascia building up or losing elasticity or something like that?

in other words, you gettin' old.

(but if it doesn't get better or worse, maybe wait till you see your a doc or a physio to bring it up?)

/me: had my final follow-up with my elbow surgeon. everything is hunky-dory - the surgery solved all my issues, so it was more of a formality. Just wish I hadn't had to wait 1.5 hours for a 2 minute meeting and a recommendation to call him if/when things get worse again (he said it could come back in 5-10 years)...

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
After my disappointing Philly last weekend, I decided to try something myself. I bought a box of "meat pucks" from the Chef Store and I'm really glad I did. It wasn't cheap, it was $80, but it is 10 pounds of slices sirloin, put into single serving pucks. I put a few in the fridge last night and made myself a sandwich for lunch. Still not as good as the Block, but damn good and about $6 to make. They also offer flats that I think are larger portions, but 1 puck was plenty.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Haley's pissed because coach just said getting a 4.5# lighter battery is worth far less than the same money being spent on a fitness program. But not 100% pissed because she is going to be able to do a local 2-stroke series next year in addition to Rotax. But she's not happy. :rofl:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Here. Haley's pissed because coach just said getting a 4.5# lighter battery is worth far less than the same money being spent on a fitness program. But not 100% pissed because she is going to be able to do a local 2-stroke series next year in addition to Rotax. But she's not happy. :rofl:
might want to look into this as it's established and for kids, albeit not kart specific at all

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
might want to look into this as it's established and for kids, albeit not kart specific at all

There is a pretty well know kart racer who does fitness programs, that has the appropriate background and education for putting together youth programs. She will largely be cardio and core, which are not huge risk concerns for kids (apparently).

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I am definitely going to have to do some cargo bike shopping when we get back to the states. I have seen some wild shit being cargo biked around here. It's genuinely impressive.
my perspective is that torque sensing and mid drive and all that is great

but for the price vs my actual miles on it a RadWagon 4 with the state discount (or, in my case at the time, the then-$900 Denver discount!) is a great compromise, even with cadence sensing only and janky brake levers. the latter at least was a cheap fix.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Especially the electric ones
my perspective is that torque sensing and mid drive and all that is great

but for the price vs my actual miles on it a RadWagon 4 with the state discount (or, in my case at the time, the then-$900 Denver discount!) is a great compromise, even with cadence sensing only and janky brake levers. the latter at least was a cheap fix.
They seem to exist in abundance, at least in our part of Paris, even as city bike shares! The truly impressive ones though IMHO are the full on bike -box trucks being used as delivery vehicles. I saw one this afternoon that had a cargo box that was at least 4 foot x 4 foot x 4 foot. Damn near as big as a lot of the micro-euro cars, but as an e-bike some dude was moving construction materials with right near the Pantheon. Most do seem to be mid drive bikes.