Quantcast

åæø + GMT Green Saturday + åæø

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Last day on vacation and my youngest son decided to finish off the vacation with some strep throat. Not easy to cure when he does not want to eat and then have to take some strong antibiotic at the same time so we were cleaning up vomit in the middle of the night. Coffee is good this morning.

No biking for more than a week and I am really feeling the urge to go biking. Had planned to rent a bike and ride here in Miami but the family got in the way (in a good way).

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

This cold is still lingering so no skiing for me today. Turns out my buddy I was going to go skiing with is also dealing with a bad cold as well.

Damn you cold/flu season! :shakefist:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You know when a song randomly come onto your play list at an absolutely bad time? Yeah, that just happened with this song:

Still definitely feeling the hurt from Mike dying. Wifey and I had a plan to go up to Beaver Creek today and then spend tomorrow riding at Copper, which we're sticking to, but damn, I really don't want to do much of anything today. I'm really glad I have the weekend to deal with this emotionally, because I'm not sure I could have gone to work today if I had to.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Went outside with my 3 y.o. to get some fresh air, maybe head to the bakery and then deli to pick up some lunch, but got side tracked by dump trucks and front end loaders... He's 3; I can't get him to move for the life of me. I'm standing around waiting for him to be done watching the trucks. At least it's not too cold...

Stoney, I'm sorry for your loss. That's a bitter pill to swallow, I hope you find comfort and solace with friends and family and in the mountains.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Buy battery for laptop....laptop goes kaput two days later...oh well.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Went for a good ride today. Lungs and legs felt awesome. Coulda done another lap, but decided that getting home to the fam would be even betterer of both worlds. Nothing like a fresh front tire... tractions were abundant.

I then spent some time hunting for a creak somewhere in my rear triangle. I'd let the shop mechs loose on the bike a few weeks back, but they came up with a problem with my fork. Strangely, it didn't fix the creak.

Well, it turns out my cassette was likely loose, and was eating my freehub body. It is now nicely notched up. Buy VERY well greased now and the creak is gone. I'm guessing it won't be for long.

Oh yeah. Strava died on me once I got to the top of the climb, and didn't record any of my descent. Bummorz.

I mainly care about my improvements in climbing anyway...

So, pleased with:

My reasonably reasonable fitness
My reasonably semi-passable mech skeels.

Now, a Mirror Pond while Ben naps. Winz!