Quantcast

æØă Monkeyfest Thursday ăØæ

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
End of season sales will surely start soon if you don't have an immediate need, Jenson can often be very good on complete pricing.

http://www.jensonusa.com/Mountain-Bikes/GT-Sensor-Carbon-GX-Jenson-Bike-2015

Use activejunky for another 6% off that price.

edit: oops, your picture was the Sanction, not the Sensor.
I'm not ready for a plastic bike. I am neither smooth, nor graceful. But I was looking at the options on Jenson and there seems to be some options in the price range I am trying to stay in. I will reluctantly sell my piece of freeride history and start stashing cash for the winter sale cycle.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
F@ck I am old. While I admit I have yet to ride a bike with a dropper post, it still seems like such a lux item. Like wireless derailleurs. But I also don't jack with my seat that much. I put it up for the climb, and down for the downhill. I put it somewhere in the middle for the stuff in the middle. :rofl:

But I still run tubes and 26" wheels. :panic:

<edit> And a 9 speed. :D

<edit2> Maybe I'll hold out for the bluetooth dropper seat that just "knows" where I want my seat.
While certainly not a necessity, a dropper post is a whole lot of fun. I too was late to the fancy, heavy, elevator post trend. I use it more than I thought I would and not just for dh's. It definitely ups the fun factor when you can instantly get the saddle out of your way and then back up just as quick.

Another bonus is the for us old farts, I mean experienced riders, er..., is you can drop the post to get on or off the bike. So much better than snagging your droopy old sack on the saddle.