Quantcast

ð℘ɝ It's Thursday and I've Never Made a GMT Before! ɝ℘ð

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Went out into the factory for the first time this week a few minutes ago.

It must be close to 40c out there and humid as balls, I'm surprise there aren't any clouds forming in the rafters.

Just verified that the reason my rear tire went flat at the end of Pig Pile last Friday was a pinch flat. It's the third Continental Trail King that I have done this to. I suspect that the issue is that I'm lazy about checking tire pressure before riding.

Just planted basil.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Wow - why so optimistic today? :think:
"Passenger convenience item" with historical poor performance. Falls under the "Nobody GAF" portion of the aircraft Minimum Equipment List.

Category D. This category item must be repaired within 120 consecutive calendar-days (2880 hours), excluding the day the malfunction was recorded in the aircraft maintenance log and/or record.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
On my first day of fun-employment I have done nothing. Because this:
stayed up too late, drank too much, feel like shit.
I was laid off yesterday, there were several of us let go. Totally a financial decision, not personal. The thing is, I was considering leaving anyways, after a project I have been trying to push through (massive website redesign) was put on hold for the third year in a row. Glad I didn't quit before they laid me off. Not much of a severance package but I am eligible for unemployment. I got that and some cash reserves that just might set me up for 6-8 months so I figure I can take a couple of month here right now and go ride my bike. Starting tomorrow, actually. Gonna do a quick Vail/Eagle > Fruita > Salida sort of trip, back in Goldentown next Thursday to visit with my Dad when he gets here. Working on details for a potential British Columbia trip in the middle of June. I'll keep ya'll posted.

Yup - that's they way I had to go... pinch flats on tubeless tires suck. Way messier than just pinching a tube.

1000g Michelin Wild Rock'Rs are so far (knock on wood) holding up to my sheer hackitude.
That or the Tomahawk...

I was laid off yesterday, there were several of us let go. Totally a financial decision, not personal. The thing is, I was considering leaving anyways, after a project I have been trying to push through (massive website redesign) was put on hold for the third year in a row. Glad I didn't quit before they laid me off. Not much of a severance package but I am eligible for unemployment. I got that and some cash reserves that just might set me up for 6-8 months so I figure I can take a couple of month here right now and go ride my bike. Starting tomorrow, actually. Gonna do a quick Vail/Eagle > Fruita > Salida sort of trip, back in Goldentown next Thursday to visit with my Dad when he gets here. Working on details for a potential British Columbia trip in the middle of June. I'll keep ya'll posted.
Shit Evan... However, the bike trip, Yesss!!!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
<snip> I got that and some cash reserves that just might set me up for 6-8 months so I figure I can take a couple of month here right now and go ride my bike. Starting tomorrow, actually. Gonna do a quick Vail/Eagle > Fruita > Salida sort of trip, back in Goldentown next Thursday to visit with my Dad when he gets here. Working on details for a potential British Columbia trip in the middle of June. I'll keep ya'll posted.
Bastard, bastard, BASTARD.

Have fun, ya basTARD. Let me know when you're back into "lookin' for a jorb"...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Like the fact that you have all kinds of time. Dislike the fact that you lost your source of income.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In true RM fashion, that topic started discussing sidewall cuts, not pinch cuts by the rim, then veered wildly all over the place. I just made myself vaguely ill by carefully reading the whole thing. Nonetheless, it contained some useful information.
Bah - they're both symptoms of the same problem - shitty, flimsy casings. I must be getting old, 'cause I don't remember having this kind of trouble in the "good ol' days"... 'course that might be because we were running 1.9s at 35# everywhere and went really slowly. :D

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
We are going to a railroad museum today. My inner 5 year old is excited. I like trains. :)

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Like the fact that you have all kinds of time. Dislike the fact that you lost your source of income.
Income is overrated - as long as you don't have an income-needy spouse. I got laid off in June last year and the riding was nice. Unfortunately my stupid responsibility won and I got another job a few weeks later. :mad: It was great while it lasted tho.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The Turner is officially not white anymore...

Shitty lighting, but it is purple.

Pretty quick service too. I dropped the frame off on Tuesday night and picked it up tonight.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Had to put my monies together to pay for a new dropper post. Was short roughly 200 bucks. When I cashed out my change can today I ended up with exactly 50 cents extra. BOOM

:banana::cheers::dance::drag:

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
How many layers of clothing did you have on? :busted:
Longsleeve, rain jacket, beanie, and shorts (for some stupid reason I decided not to bring the gloves I packed). I had to turn back before making it to the top of the hill because It was getting rainy and windy.

Just a little colder than cali this time of year. Yesterday it snowed but the day before it was in the 80s

20160526_190307.jpg

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Income is overrated - as long as you don't have an income-needy spouse. I got laid off in June last year and the riding was nice. Unfortunately my stupid responsibility won and I got another job a few weeks later. :mad: It was great while it lasted tho.
Income is nice, the job that usually comes along with it not so much. In either case, a bout of funemployment isn't a bad way to spent a portion of the summer.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Much jealousy already inspired... and you're only in the planning stage.
I had the revelation last night that if I rented out the townhouse I just bought, the income from that would probably cover all my bills each month, making it pretty easy to live in my truck for upwards of a year doing minimal freelance / side work. Still in the planning phases on that idea as well, and it would probably depend on how fast and loose I wanna play it while collecting unemployment... but yeah.

Who loves it when a plan comes together?