Quantcast

ñññññññ Finally Friday GTM ∑∑∑∑∑∑∑

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Bruise on my upper right leg turns out to be pretty big. Pretty sure it is from my leg hitting my shifter as I flipped over the bike. Now I got it in the workshop the thumb shift lever on my XT shifter is bent up so it slightly contacts the forefinger trigger on a bigger push (also showing I pretty much only single or double shift all the time when I ride, as I didn’t notice this the rest of the day).
Also the bruise is like a large spread out shifter shape. That was the main clue.
It’s still red and blue and swollen atm, I am expecting some good purple tomorrow. Will drop some ibruprofen before bed.
Finger feels pretty good actually, the bar took the brunt of course, my hand would be mush if it took the main impact as it basically started the bike flip. The plastic bit on the end of my Ergons is totally shattered, but hey at least both grip ends match now.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Went to the Doctor, went to work, built my bike up and had some issues, it felt like the early 2000s, hahaha!
Ab Black guide doesn't work so I had to steal the One Up from my hardtail frame and I'm gonna have to go a 36t ring up front because stupid me asked to have the pivot point raised over stock but the huge stay makes that a bad idea, oops.
IMGP1008 (2).jpg

2500iso, bring the noise!
EDIT- Headset press worked a treat as always-
-4725620323041833766.jpg

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
20 run day on tap. Doing the EMT gig this weekend but it's local so no Friday night commute jam in the RV will occur. Fed my sourdough starter last night so I will do some bread making on Monday after the horse show this weekend

Had my espresso so its off to pick up and drop of 6 dialysis clients in the next 90 minutes before my breakfast break.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Went to the Doctor, went to work, built my bike up and had some issues, it felt like the early 2000s, hahaha!
Ab Black guide doesn't work so I had to steal the One Up from my hardtail frame and I'm gonna have to go a 36t ring up front because stupid me asked to have the pivot point raised over stock but the huge stay makes that a bad idea, oops.
View attachment 183870
2500iso, bring the noise!
turner....?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

FRIDAY WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Anyone here ever been sent for a sleep study? I am waiting for a call to schedule one - I know that I get terrible sleeps and snore. Maybe that can be diagnosed and I can increase my quality of life?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Can anyone remind me why I filled my morning schedule with calls? Off to the kart shop to get tire changing tools this afternoon, then a haircut and dinner with the family.

I did discover a tire type that costs less than 40% of new tires. I guess at national races, tires will be used for one, maybe two, practices and disposed of. Company then takes them, matching closest condition, and makes them into a set. Works really good for training and practice tires locally. So, getting some of those, as I need to change Haley's tires soon.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Death ice, death ice everywhere.

The 5ish inches of snow from yesterday mostly melted and has now frozen. The flawed design of our house means if you don't clear off the ///deck the melt runoff goes down onto the driveway and turns into a sheet of ice.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I am here. Dad's night out was a success so no riding in today. Beautiful day and the roads are pretty empty, which is always nice. Saw an E60 M5 on the way in so I had to chase it down. #dreamcar

sorry to babs on the passing of his doggo

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Also, I think the last small part I need is on the white truck for delivery today so I can put the majority of my bike together. Need the handlebars to finish the wrap and everything, but can at least get the drivetrain settled.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. I've got my usual three workouts on Friday to get done. Swam 2700 yards before work, I'll run at lunch, and spin the kickr this evening. Got 100 miles to ride tomorrow morning and it's going to be 32 degrees at the start. Oof.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
:wave:

FRIDAY WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Anyone here ever been sent for a sleep study? I am waiting for a call to schedule one - I know that I get terrible sleeps and snore. Maybe that can be diagnosed and I can increase my quality of life?
I had a sleep study a few years ago as I, too, have teh fat

was kind of weird to sleep all adorned with wires. I ended up with 5.2 apneic events per hour—threshold is 5, I believe. So I have a CPAP machine that I never use because it’s awkward. : shrugs:

/me is going to donate blood in a bit then pop up to the mountain house to meet the designer for the planned interior renovation

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
What now? I'm going to go see about trading in the family hauler before it breaks down on me. Theres a list of issues I've been keeping track of and now that winter is approaching its time to adios this sucker.

The trick is finding someone to buy the canopy at the drop of a hat. I think I've got someone lined up for tomorrow. I told them I need 700 which is 200 more than I paid. Fingers crossed it goes through, otherwise it goes into storage until I can sell it and thats a pain.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The water pressure at my house sucks, have a booster pump arriving today. I predict a lot of swearing when I can't ultimately find all the right fittings and have to cobble some bullshit together.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
The water pressure at my house sucks, have a booster pump arriving today. I predict a lot of swearing when I can't ultimately find all the right fittings and have to cobble some bullshit together.
How old is the piping? Imma bet you have a "restriction"

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
How old is the piping? Imma bet you have a "restriction"
Plumbing is all modern, house is small so runs are short, pipes are sized appropriately. Static pressure is low and only drops a few psi when something is flowing. Pretty sure it is just the price to pay for being at the top of a hill.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Plumbing is all modern, house is small so runs are short, pipes are sized appropriately. Static pressure is low and only drops a few psi when something is flowing. Pretty sure it is just the price to pay for being at the top of a hill.
Is there a pressure reducing valve (PRV)? My place had terrible pressure and a noticeable PSI drop from the street to the house. Idiot builders direct buried the valve (i.e. no valve box). The valve had failed, which resulted in a huge drop in pressure. However, if you don't know it's there, you don't know you need to replace it (see no valve box portion of post).

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
No I was on the beast coast for a day, soon to be sitting in a chair in the sky.

Q: Is it too early for a beer?

A1. No
A2. No, but in red.
Were you in NYC and didn't give me a call to meet up for a beer?

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Dang. Can you get street pressure and pressure as it comes in, along with tank pressure? Is your water usage high? Pressure drops can be restrictions or leaks, or both! Sounds like its time to fuck around and find out!