Quantcast

÷•÷ weds gmt ÷°÷

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
After almost a week of not eating on her own and not acting like a squirrel, the kitty is finally eating and being a shithead again.

Still not sure what they all have/had, but time and tests will tell. Luckily the lady friend works at an animal hospital, so she is in the best hands.

Bike and crap is packed for tonights ride. I forgot my long sleeve shirt and hoody, so hopefully the warm temps stick around until 9pm.

It was 63 degrees when I left the house this morning. This is absolutely glorious. But who else gets the feeling that this will flip and old man winter is going to stick his fist elbows deep up all of our butt holes?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Nothing matters, we're all going to die, and the sun will burn out, yet I ran 13.1 miles on the track this morning anyway. There is also no point in going for an MTB ride on this day off from work, but I am going to anyway, because what the fuck else am I going to do.

I believe there are other universes, but not the parallel universes where they are a duplicate of us but with different shit happening like they talk about in Avengers Endgame, but completely different universes with different stuff. Or, there might not be. Who the fuck knows.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
anybody have recs on a roof rack? I can get decent factory cross bars for my car, but there doesn't seem to be a good consensus on non-shitty roof trays. I am willing to take off my wheel if it improves things- either safety or stability or aero. I have a seasucker now and it seasucks.

And before you ask, no, I can't get a hitch.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
anybody have recs on a roof rack? I can get decent factory cross bars for my car, but there doesn't seem to be a good consensus on non-shitty roof trays. I am willing to take off my wheel if it improves things- either safety or stability or aero. I have a seasucker now and it seasucks.

i have a roof rack for my impreza. its been collecting dust for years while i use my hitch rack instead.

maybe if you had bought a car for function over status you wouldn't find yourself in this predicament.

why not get a honda acty just for going to trails?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
i have a roof rack for my impreza. its been collecting dust for years while i use my hitch rack instead.

maybe if you had bought a car for function over status you wouldn't find yourself in this predicament.

why not get a honda acty just for going to trails?
whew lad, that's a spicy take. who shit in your oatmeal?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

Friends like the Yakima roof racks that hold onto the front wheels. No faffing with a loose wheels or anything, pop the bike on, rotate the wheel cradle up and do up the one hand crank thing.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Through axle or QR on the front wheel?
Yes. Two of my bikes are 20mm, one is 12mm, and one is QR. I'd love to be able to have total coverage, but will accept some limitations.

Kuat offers the Trio, but A) it's out of stock and B) they changed it from 9/15/20 to 9/15/15boost, so it's even less useful to me and I'd have to spend another $40 in adapters.

1up might be the best, but it looks like they are hard to come by right now.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yes. Two of my bikes are 20mm, one is 12mm, and one is QR. I'd love to be able to have total coverage, but will accept some limitations.

Kuat offers the Trio, but A) it's out of stock and B) they changed it from 9/15/20 to 9/15/15boost, so it's even less useful to me and I'd have to spend another $40 in adapters.

1up might be the best, but it looks like they are hard to come by right now.
like many other bike related items, racks are selling out quickly these days. so availability may be a deciding factor.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Check out EBAY and Craigs list . I found some used Thule Lockjaws for cheap. Fork up made/makes a through axle adaptor for standard QR trays

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Good morning!

After careful consideration, I would like to inform everyone that I have come to a conclusion, working behind a desk inside an artificially lit building for a living is not for me.

Now to figure out how to not be so poor so I can quit doing that.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
good morning, beautiful people.

interviewed for a new jorb yesterday in my same company. went ok I guess. I've effectively been doing this job for 6 months, so I hope that plays into the decision.

sipping coffee, not wanting to start work today, and watching the news about the country collapsing around us.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
APOCALYPSE POLAND EPISODE 4:

Polish Independence day today. The only group that decided to march are the thousands of far right morons (and some clueless people who don't realize they are far right). First they shouted anti mask shit. Then they attacked the police in the city center finally they set an apartment on fire for having LGBTQ and Womens March Flags on the Balcony.

Also our demagogues are more competent than Trump and are not losing power soon. Also the church leader here has been found to be hiding pedophiles for John Paul 2 and church is basically 2nd state here so yeah...fun times

https://twitter.com/democ_de/status/1326529502046941184

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
It's the same answer for everyone poor: just get more dollars. :think:
talk of 15 buck minimum wage and colorado mountain towns already have it beat by two or three bucks....i would love to be 16 in fucking breckenridge....

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Good morning!

After careful consideration, I would like to inform everyone that I have come to a conclusion, working behind a desk inside an artificially lit building for a living is not for me.

My GF Quit her job and joined forces with a fashion designer helping him expand. Now she works behind a desk inside an artificially building but on her own terms.

Though supposedly sewing machine repair is a great job that pays extremely well if you are in a city where there are many designers

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Good morning!

I've just paid $1600 to have two guys put down 15 trees for 5 hours. Not rocket science and outside.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
cheaper cause no house to mangle.

edit in canaderp money, so something like $1200usd.
fair point. a couple years back i had a similar # of trees removed from my back yard, but they were all within an area of a few hundred square feet. cost me close to 5 grand.