Quantcast

÷•÷ weds gmt ÷°÷

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
we are talking minimal offset though. The guys wanted to keep the wood, told them to fuck off and don't touch me wood bastids!
i got about 4 cords, which around here would go for about $1200 split and seasoned, so it offset about a quarter of the cost

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
i got about 4 cords, which around here would go for about $1200 split and seasoned, so it offset about a quarter of the cost
I had to put down a sick walnut. 16 inches at the base. Trunk is sane so I'll have it cut into planks and make something out of it. Same thing with an 18 inch pine.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
anybody have recs on a roof rack? I can get decent factory cross bars for my car, but there doesn't seem to be a good consensus on non-shitty roof trays. I am willing to take off my wheel if it improves things- either safety or stability or aero. I have a seasucker now and it seasucks.

And before you ask, no, I can't get a hitch.
I am going to forgo the obvious electrical tape answer and recommend hot gluing a tray to your car.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
anybody have recs on a roof rack? I can get decent factory cross bars for my car, but there doesn't seem to be a good consensus on non-shitty roof trays. I am willing to take off my wheel if it improves things- either safety or stability or aero. I have a seasucker now and it seasucks.

rocky mounts.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

1upUSA

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here.

Have been thinking about my bike since my ride with @Nick on Sunday. Even though it's relatively new, I've had a bit of confirmation since my on-ride epiphany that it's way too much bike for my needs now and likely at any point into the future. I truly don't need a 7"/6" travel bike for local trail riding. Even the most rowdy stuff I ride has no justification for a bike like that and it's as long as a DH bike, which doesn't help any for turning (it's ~1.5" longer than Nick's RFX). Debating selling it and my tri bike (already on the to-do list) then picking up a trail bike.
I'm looking at the Nukeproof Reactor, since I like the Mega so much otherwise for descending; it could just be more efficient for pedaling with climbing angles and less travel. Any other bikes out there in the $3500-$4000 range you guys can think of that and wookie large? I'm not married to carbon and would gladly go aluminum for a better part spec (suspension) at par pricing.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
they told me about a $20k job in Westmount. They had to use a crane to airlift the +100 years old tree trunk over the house. The stump was 5 feet wide.
god damn...probably could have milled out a cabin from all that wood....

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Are we talking a chord at 4x4x8 ft cords? If so, it would be about 80% of that here... or cheaper as you get into the countryside.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Here.

Have been thinking about my bike since my ride with @Nick on Sunday. Even though it's relatively new, I've had a bit of confirmation since my on-ride epiphany that it's way too much bike for my needs now and likely at any point into the future. I truly don't need a 7"/6" travel bike for local trail riding. Even the most rowdy stuff I ride has no justification for a bike like that and it's as long as a DH bike, which doesn't help any for turning (it's ~1.5" longer than Nick's RFX). Debating selling it and my tri bike (already on the to-do list) then picking up a trail bike.
I'm looking at the Nukeproof Reactor, since I like the Mega so much otherwise for descending; it could just be more efficient for pedaling with climbing angles and less travel. Any other bikes out there in the $3500-$4000 range you guys can think of that and wookie large? I'm not married to carbon and would gladly go aluminum for a better part spec (suspension) at par pricing.
YT Izzo? available in XXL Pro build is $3900

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Here.

Rid Egg Smash or Pistola? Norco Optic?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
After almost a week of not eating on her own and not acting like a squirrel, the kitty is finally eating and being a shithead again.

Still not sure what they all have/had, but time and tests will tell. Luckily the lady friend works at an animal hospital, so she is in the best hands.

Bike and crap is packed for tonights ride. I forgot my long sleeve shirt and hoody, so hopefully the warm temps stick around until 9pm.

It was 63 degrees when I left the house this morning. This is absolutely glorious. But who else gets the feeling that this will flip and old man winter is going to stick his fist elbows deep up all of our butt holes?
Deck cam, I’m not ready for this shit. Guess I’ll fire up the fat bike.
1ED58A3B-E8C6-4B83-BEA4-71B101127D1A.jpeg

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
is your mayo too spicy?

you could roll up to the trails in one of these bad boys

View attachment 152187
Would rock. Appears to have adequate headroom.

It's the same answer for everyone poor: just get more dollars. :think:

This isn't rocket surgery.

View attachment 152189
I'd recommend taking a loan from one's pappy to start a business and then bootstrap that bitch like mad.

Any other bikes out there in the $3500-$4000 range you guys can think of that and wookie large?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
In other news, my eldest kid got COVID swabbed this morning. Fever, headache, slight tummyache since last night, rapid strep negative.

It'll take 3-4 days to get a result because America is #1 at this, apparently.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
There is a dealership near me that specializes in those. But I would go for the diesel 4WD tiny Japanese fire engine myself.

View attachment 152204
the guy by my work apparently imports a bunch of different brands of kei trucks, including 4x4 variants, plus accessories. most of them go for around 7 grand, which isn't crazy when you consider they have to be imported

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
3/4 of the way though my work day. Been Checking in with Ruth every couple of hours. She rolled out of the barn with the big rig at 0530 going from Livermore to Thermal (just south of Palm springs) , she is currently passing though Pasadena on I210 after shooting down 5 and going over the grapevine. She will be competing in two International Competitions over the next two weeks down there. So that means I can actually get out a play on the bike or the kayak for the next two weekends :banana:

73064367_3108421279174861_5715991224842715136_o (2).jpg

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Pretty sure I am going to get reported to my manager by another manager at this building.

This person called me complaining about how I didn't solve a problem for one of their employees. The employee told their supervisor about not being able to access a website because of java settings - the supervisor is the one that sent me an email. No phone call, no ticket, just an email. Somehow a random email is supposed to be interpreted as an urgent matter. Tried explaining that if you send an email, there is absolutely no guarantee that it'll be acted on or even read. They just didn't get it that someone reporting an issue via email is pretty much by default considered a low priority. The person with the original problem should have called me.

So ANYWAYS, after trying to explain that over the phone for 15 minutes, I call the person with the original problem. Java issue aside, they don't even have a user account to logon to that site, so the whole thing is a non issue. Holy fuck.....LOL. :rofl:

/vent

Code:
<beer>me</beer>

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Pretty sure I am going to get reported to my manager by another manager at this building.

This person called me complaining about how I didn't solve a problem for one of their employees. The employee told their supervisor about not being able to access a website because of java settings - the supervisor is the one that sent me an email. No phone call, no ticket, just an email. Somehow a random email is supposed to be interpreted as an urgent matter. Tried explaining that if you send an email, there is absolutely no guarantee that it'll be acted on or even read. They just didn't get it that someone reporting an issue via email is pretty much by default considered a low priority. The person with the original problem should have called me.

So ANYWAYS, after trying to explain that over the phone for 15 minutes, I call the person with the original problem. Java issue aside, they don't even have a user account to logon to that site, so the whole thing is a non issue. Holy fuck.....LOL. :rofl:

/vent

Code:
<beer>me</beer>
I got doorjambed TWICE this morning out of the blue. I *KNEW* I shouldn't have answered that 1st IM. :mad:

Two hours later... I've gotten squat done.

Ah, well - report it on the stand-up tomorrow. "Got precisely jack-shit done 'cause people keep fucking bothering me."

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
the guy by my work apparently imports a bunch of different brands of kei trucks, including 4x4 variants, plus accessories. most of them go for around 7 grand, which isn't crazy when you consider they have to be imported

This place specializes in imported japanese vehicles. Trucks , campers, scooters, skylines etc. The little industrial kei trucks are obviously the most unique.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Sneaked out this afternoon because FTS and 73F outside. Leaves beat down to fine powder make everything quite slippy. We need rain and it is coming tonight. Bye bye summer November.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
we should reallyLEAVE this topic BRANCH out to cover our usual topics: the weather, what food we've eaten so far today, and the resulting size and consistency of our dumps!