Quantcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

amateur

Turbo Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Orange County
Oh man, come 1:30 tomorrow, I'll be drinking vodka and tonic. I made up a big pitcher and it's chilling in my fridge as we speak. The surf has been fairly forgettable. Waist to shoulder, but nothing to write home about. Last time out (~2 weeks) it was getting pretty darn chilly. 40 degree air temp with a slight breeze and low 50's water made my 4/3 seem too thin, but that's dawn patrol for you. Luckily, I have the next 3.5 weeks to surf, drink, and snowboard to my heart's content before hitting the books again.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
amateur said:
Oh man, come 1:30 tomorrow, I'll be drinking vodka and tonic. I made up a big pitcher and it's chilling in my fridge as we speak. The surf has been fairly forgettable. Waist to shoulder, but nothing to write home about. Last time out (~2 weeks) it was getting pretty darn chilly. 40 degree air temp with a slight breeze and low 50's water made my 4/3 seem too thin, but that's dawn patrol for you. Luckily, I have the next 3.5 weeks to surf, drink, and snowboard to my heart's content before hitting the books again.
heh sounds good :)

Surf season down here is a lil funny for me this year. I have moved to welly (in the south) and well...... the drop in skill and comitment is dramatic and scary. Half of me wants to run sreaming for the hills, but the other half is telling me I have to stay..... the local surf rescue need all the skilled help they can get to get upto speed. :(

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Rip said:

Heh heh we used to have this thread over on vorb called the postwhore thread
it reached over 2100 pages!! :eek:

Tama had to lock it in the end cos it got so large it was killing the server! :cool:
I think from memory I had something like 4000 posts in it. :oink: :help:
This one has a long way to go.....

amateur

Turbo Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Orange County
Holy hell! That was some of the biggest surf I've ever been out in. It's just too bad my Doc didn't hold up to it :(. I really liked that board.

Break was awesome. Lots of riding, surfing, and then it all ended with a broken hand. Lucky for me, my Dremel skills are quite abundant. I was able to remove my cast and continue riding for the remainder of the break. Yeehaw~!

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Nice :)

it's been blowing so hard offshore down here it's gone beyond flat.......the waves were going out from the shore blowing 60mph and has gotten up to 100mph on sunday! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.