Quantcast

Ŧũĕşďăŷ ĢɱŤ

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Crazy storms overnight and a layer of hail over everything this morning. Now expecting snow today...

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Fantastic freaking weekend.

My boss quit on Thursday. Took Friday off to get the AC and furnace serviced, then got 15yds of dirt to fill in some sink holes and craft a little berm out front. Moved about 7-8yds of dirt with a shovel and wheelbarrow.

Got my new weird ebike and went for a rip on it. So fast but why the fuck does anybody buy anything SRAM? Trash components.

Got another ride on my road bike which was OK and my weird frenchie shoes and pedals finally didn't hurt.

Pretty good weekend overall

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Finally switched my winter tires out.

Wanted to go riding today, but it is currently raining and blowing pretty hard. Meh...

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Happy to be back at work...pressure switch on the washing machine failed - leaving it to overflow for about 3hrs in our basement.....finished basement, that is.....or used to be. :panic:

The whole weekend was removing wet carpet and padding. So gross.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Although a shit-ton of hail fell apparently it was small enough to not damage cars in my neighborhood. I am tired from having been up for an hour for that, feeding kid 3 a bottle at 4:30-5, then waking up not 45 minutes later to my alarm.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Got the front transmission u joint replaced and that helped a TON with the road going vibration. Also got a laundry list of steering and suspension parts I need to replace. So building my shopping list, but sourcing parts for a '78 P30 isn't as straight forward as I would like.

Put street tires on Lil Mans bike after he skid through his Comp III's. He was excited, so we rode around so he could see how much faster his tires were. :rofl:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip> I am tired from having been up for an hour for that, feeding kid 3 a bottle at 4:30-5, then waking up not 45 minutes later to my alarm.
You know what would help that? A 4th kid. :homer:

<snip> Also got a laundry list of steering and suspension parts I need to replace.
:popcorn:

Meanwhile... in Colorado, with 1-2 feet on the way for the northern mountains:

upload_2019-5-28_7-43-41.png

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
H̴OHOHO̢H̡OHƠH͞
w̭̤̗͚͓̜e̲͈̜l̮̲̳̤͓c͏̠̬̥o̼̜ͅm̷͉̘e͕̝̹̘ ̷b̺̫̝a̳̮͍̭̯̻̪͟c̨̰̙k̸ ̝̪t̵͈͔̪̯o̵͈̲̦͈̹̱̺ ͎̰̩̭͖̰͝B̧̤͖̳̥̮͓̤0̮̘̞R̠͎͈̫̲̬Ḳ̻͉͓͡ ̵͔̬̦o̷̝n͏̫͎̯̩͎ ̬̻̹͢tu҉es̫B̨̠̙̠̘͚O̟͜ͅRK̙̤̭͇̫͇̳

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. Feeling particularly crabby after a lousy night of sleep, and since I wasn't sleeping well it made getting up at 5:00 to go swim pretty easy this morning. I'm going to crash hard this afternoon.

What's with the Peloton workouts I see people posting to Strava where their average watts are like 250-300 for an hour? You know, people who then ride outside at 13-14 mph on the road? I'd be lucky if I could hold 250 watts for 60 seconds.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
What's with the Peloton workouts I see people posting to Strava where their average watts are like 250-300 for an hour? You know, people who then ride outside at 13-14 mph on the road? I'd be lucky if I could hold 250 watts for 60 seconds.
Perhaps they are e-Pelotoning

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Pretty good weekend overall for me. Went riding with some monkeys till we got rained out, hit up a brewery, put new tires on the fat bike, pig roast at a fellow monkey's house, drank some brews, got some sun, and hung out with family.

I am le tired.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Got my new weird ebike and went for a rip on it. So fast but why the fuck does anybody buy anything SRAM? Trash components.
just installed XT M8000. aside from having to dremel out this weird ridge on the cassette to clear the spokes (but that was more of a hub issue TBH), i've had no other issues with it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
are you fucking for real? even i can do that no problem. what's your average power output?

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
dear colorado,

mtb season is cancelled. please continue plank based sliding activities. except Toshi, who declared the season over months ago. no snow for you!

Signed,
The Management
Only place still open is A-Basin, and this is how much snow they've gotten today:

Not sure if that'll inline. The Cliffs Notes are bupkis.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Dear Delta Mainline,

If you want/expect me to work on your sad ass Airbus products, please maintain and or/provide the appropriate tooling. No matter how badly I might want too, I will never be able to replace a 500lb main wheel by myself, by hand, with your leaking bottle jack. Until such time, GFYS.

Love,
COSMX.

:mad:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Its official, the wifey and I will be swinging back through CO in July. I'm not arrogant enough to suggest a ride or anything, but who's up for a beer?

Otherwise, just hanging out outside of Portland. Maybe we'll go in today, maybe well bypass for now and go east into the Columbia River gorge.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Mental health is crumbling. I need a break.
Tornado tore through my project in the Plains Sunday night. No injuries but plenty of damage, and fuxxored my day off. Sigh.

Toshi: skinning is dangerously close to exercise. Too risky. I wouldn't chance it.

Aspen is reopening for the weekend, or so I hear.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Mornin!

Its official, the wifey and I will be swinging back through CO in July. I'm not arrogant enough to suggest a ride or anything, but who's up for a beer?

Otherwise, just hanging out outside of Portland. Maybe we'll go in today, maybe well bypass for now and go east into the Columbia River gorge.
I hear the conditions in Post Canyon are about perfect if you are heading towards Hood River.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I hear the conditions in Post Canyon are about perfect if you are heading towards Hood River.
Gonna have to look into that. We're going to head east towards Hood River, then turn south and head towards Mount Hood. Try to see all that we can before scooting back to the coast and up into Washington.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Let's ride!

I think if we added up all the minutes you spend chasing down Kare Pan and Drunken Noodles or whatever, we could find you enough time to skin up a hill or even pedal a bike...
Ah, if only random time scraped from the beginning of the day could be saved and added up into a full day on the hill.

Places that are still open:

- not Breck. They were open through yesterday, Memorial Day, which shall be their new closing date in future years
- not Aspen. They opened last weekend and will open next weekend (!), but nothing midweek.
- not Loveland, not Mary Jane, etc.
- not Purgatory, as they opened this past weekend as a one off, apparently

A-Basin is the lone standing actually open place.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Mental health is crumbling. I need a break.
Tornado tore through my project in the Plains Sunday night. No injuries but plenty of damage, and fuxxored my day off. Sigh.

Toshi: skinning is dangerously close to exercise. Too risky. I wouldn't chance it.

Aspen is reopening for the weekend, or so I hear.
Granby Ranch allegedly open for DH (on bicycles not planks) this coming weekend...

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
In all seriousness, I'm not going to ski anywhere where there isn't avalanche control by ski patrol. That's the risk, not me keeling over.