Quantcast

Ŧũĕşďăŷ ĢɱŤ

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Gonna have to look into that. We're going to head east towards Hood River, then turn south and head towards Mount Hood. Try to see all that we can before scooting back to the coast and up into Washington.

Post is just before Hood River and the trail head isn't too far off HWY 84. Totally worth it if you get a chance.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Yeah, it's Second Winter™ for sure this year. I think @jonKranked might have nailed it when he said mountain bike season is canceled in Colorado this year... I mean, he may actually not be wrong WRT high country riding. Drove home from Salida yesterday, and there was fresh snow ON THE VALLEY FLOOR going through South Park. CT won't be through-anything-able until damn near August at this point.

But you know... the skiing has been good.

Also, this just in:

Great. Now I'm hungry for hamburgers.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Only place still open is A-Basin, and this is how much snow they've gotten today:

Not sure if that'll inline. The Cliffs Notes are bupkis.
Maybe no new snow, but damn... it doesn't look like bad skiing up there. This monoskier seems to agree:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Got $50 from the guy who bought my extra mower. Getting my bag packed for the trip to NE tonight. Coming to a reality that getting food that meets diet requirement will probably be relatively hard for the next few days. This should be interesting. Working on packing up food that I can travel with that doesn't need to be refrigerated; unfortunately, high fat foods tend to need refrigeration.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Got $50 from the guy who bought my extra mower. Getting my bag packed for the trip to NE tonight. Coming to a reality that getting food that meets diet requirement will probably be relatively hard for the next few days. This should be interesting. Working on packing up food that I can travel with that doesn't need to be refrigerated; unfortunately, high fat foods tend to need refrigeration.
Just get a jar of ghee and a spoon.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Last summer we were riding Monarch Crest en route to CB. It happened to coincide with the Co Trail Race. (like 500 miles and 70k of climbing) We encountered some riders climbing up Fooses Creek while we descended, all of which looked absolutely SHELLED by that point. One guy was sitting by the creek, 100 mile stare, eating a snack consisting of a bag a Frito Scoops and a giant block of salted butter. He said it was the most dense calorie snack he could stomach. He clearly was training the @stoney way.

edit: I know, cool story bro.