Əə predirF əƏ

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Wuhan flu ain't nothing to fuck with.

View attachment 140338
and now for something completely different;

anyone have knowledge of methamphetamine contamination and remediation on residential property?
:popcorn:
Buddy of mine engaged in house flipping here in town for a number of years. He did ONE former meth home.

I know the market is still crazy, but I wouldn't touch a place that openly disclosed that with a 100 foot pole.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Buddy of mine engaged in house flipping here in town for a number of years. He did ONE former meth home.

I know the market is still crazy, but I wouldn't touch a place that openly disclosed that with a 100 foot pole.
Methy McMethHouse

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Maybe make an offer that is the value of the lot? Scrape and build a 4-plex!

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
In the final stretch with one interesting job opportunity, apparently me and some other superstar bloke. Now I need superstar friends on the phone to seal the deal for me. Meh.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
is this something you own or are under contract?
no of course not. nice property is coming to market, I know it will need meth remediation, should list for about 50% value. If I could gut & rebuild 1,200 sq ft within my budget it's a no brainer. If it needs to be scrapped to the ground and rebuilt, it's not for me.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
no of course not. nice property is coming to market, I know it will need meth remediation, should list for about 50% value. If I could gut & rebuild 1,200 sq ft within my budget it's a no brainer. If it needs to be scrapped to the ground and rebuilt, it's not for me.
Are you moving to California?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I don't think you need to tear it down past studs.
Would rip out HVAC ducting too.
Might find some bales of cash in the drywall, we've found all kinds of crazy shit stashed in walls.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I don't think you need to tear it down past studs.
Would rip out HVAC ducting too.
I possibly do not recall correctly, but when my buddy flipped his meth home, CO law at the time required HVAC and Dry wall be removed. This particular residence had a basement and he had to grind off a specific amount of the concrete floor. 1/8" maybe?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
storytime!
Mason jars of food (colonial Prepper?), love letters, a gun under floorboards, weed stash (pipe, lighter, ganj) inside a window casing, a stash of silver and gold coins behind some baseboard, a fuckload of candy wrappers some 'betus candidate was hiding from somebody etc. People are weird.

An old victorian we owned has seaweed for all insulation and civil war newspapers as insulation between layers of wood flooring.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Mason jars of food (colonial Prepper?), love letters, a gun under floorboards, weed stash (pipe, lighter, ganj) inside a window casing, a stash of silver and gold coins behind some baseboard, a fuckload of candy wrappers some 'betus candidate was hiding from somebody etc. People are weird.

An old victorian we owned has seaweed for all insulation and civil war newspapers as insulation between layers of wood flooring.
old houses are fun.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Man, there's a local foreclosure I'd love to get my hands on. Probably some water damage and plenty of defferred maintenance, but it's huge and in a decent location. Shame taxes are what they are: $23,900.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Until you own one lol.
Fixing them is sending my kids to college however, so I'm glad they exist.
it's going to be interesting going through one of my maine family members houses posthumously. still lives in the farmhouse he grew up in.... and is a bit of a hoarder. tuned piano's for a living. i don't think he ever had less than 5 or 6 at a time. his player piano was always cool though...

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning! I took the day off from work, which resulted in 11 hours of coma slumber last night. It was glorious. When I finally rolled my fat blob of mass out of bed, I ran 19 miles. Wife and I are headed up to Mount Snow for some weekend skiing, and of course rain is in the forecast.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
in the old neighborhood we used to call every restaurant that suspiciously burned overnight "Greek Lightning".
And then finally, when there's nothing left, when you can't borrow another buck from the bank or buy another case of booze, you bust the joint out. You light a match.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Man, there's a local foreclosure I'd love to get my hands on. Probably some water damage and plenty of defferred maintenance, but it's huge and in a decent location. Shame taxes are what they are: $23,900.
unless you're flipping houses for a living, going to fix it up to rent, or are a super cheapskate with too much time on your hands (and have precisely zero children), avoid foreclosures.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Birds look like they are having fun when they fly, don't they? "Crawl around on the ground, you fucking worm! I shit upon your conveyance!" Well, that's what I would be thinking. I'm not even high right now.