Quantcast

ȌȍȎȏȪȫTurd dayȫȪȏȎȍȌ

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
"Finished" work at 5pm on Weedday. Yet here I still am 7 hours later on a troubleshooting con-call for shit that isn't my domain...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I remain here.

My experiment worked, so that's kind of neat. (I'm a science guy by profession).

I'm still looking at cars and trying to convince myself that an M5 isn't a good option.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I remain here.

My experiment worked, so that's kind of neat. (I'm a science guy by profession).

I'm still looking at cars and trying to convince myself that an M5 isn't a good option.
M5 would send me to jail right away or to heaven either is not what I am looking for. I hate that I really enjoy driving an SUV again but I am too old to now be honest to myself anymore. SUVs really has come a long way from my first generation X3 I had before my previous Volvo.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
My opinion still stands. E-wagon? Even the non-AMG is ridiculous. Put performance suspension, good tires, and you're rock and roll.

Polestar?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I'm a wagon-guy, and will continue to sink a few $ a year into my 2.7t to keep a functional, practical, fun car.
When it's time for a stupid, unpractical SUPER fun car, I'm going over the top. but that time isn't now.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Work is not starting out stupid. Bonds are down, so people who are "conservative of risk" will be calling panicked. Giddy. January cannot come fast enough.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
  • I'm still living in sin.
  • New skis arrived yesterday. (SQUEEEEEE)
  • Bindings for new skis are not here yet. (booooo)
  • Ski jacket I sent to Patagucci for to repair a 4" rip in the sleeve (the tree won) is on it's way back and will be delivered tomorrow, and I'm pretty sure Patagucci just fixed it for gratis. (YAAAAAAAY)
  • These wireframes and user workflows ain't gonna design themselves, you know.
  • 2am is late to be going to bed when 6am is when you're getting awaked.
  • FTS.

Last edited:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I don't know about VT, but in Colorado "credentials" are not required to officiate a wedding.
True Fact™

Last summer I attended the nuptials of a couple I am very good friends with and they married theyselves. Meaning, they officiated Their Own Damn Wedding™ and it was rad. @Nick was there, he seent it.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
True Fact™

Last summer I attended the nuptials of a couple I am very good friends with and they married theyselves. Meaning, they officiated Their Own Damn Wedding™ and it was rad. @Nick was there, he seent it.
I got a credential to officiate a wedding even though I didn't need it. Blessings of the FSM be upon you.

Actually, as I understand CO law, if you can get 5 people, including the couple to be wed, together to sign the piece of paper you get from the county, BAM! You're married. Which is probably the way it should be.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I'm a wagon-guy, and will continue to sink a few $ a year into my 2.7t to keep a functional, practical, fun car.
When it's time for a stupid, unpractical SUPER fun car, I'm going over the top. but that time isn't now.
wagons are like dogs....people who do not like them are not to be trusted.

my wagons will always be german....unless subaru makes a legacy wagon again....or....i can find a nice mid 60's american wagon.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I'm on it. locked and loaded for . . . what are we calling it? Thuper Awethum Thursday? Bike: prepped. Creek beers: acquired. Lets do this, Wilson Creek!
it is a titty bit niply out there this morning....

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Survive until 5 PM then no workee until Wednesday.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Any of you :monkey: have experience with unpermitted additions in houses?

A place I am interested in has a unpermitted sun room.

From my understanding from a insurance standpoint, if that house was to burn down, and the firedepartment said it was the wiring in the sunroom, my guess is that the insurance company would say tough luck, and not pay out.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head

From my understanding from a insurance standpoint, if that house was to burn down, and the firedepartment said it was the wiring in the sunroom, my guess is that the insurance company would say tough luck, and not pay out.
Your understanding is correct...

Also, you may have to pay for a full inspection in order to finance, and possibly even inspect and gain said permit before an insurance company will even cover the house.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

My brother is a Fire Investigator. I've heard enough stories to take a hard pass on any place where such shenanigans are involved.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

Also, good luck convincing the town that you are not on the hook for all the underpaid taxes.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are

You may be able to get it inspected and have a permit for the work issued after the fact. By you, I mean the seller.