Quantcast

ȹשּׂﮘWednesday GMTשּׂﮘȹ

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
'Mornin. another 5:30 am wakeup time. last night the boys tag-teamed us, both taking turns waking up. I can't believe the 5 year old is still waking up. says he's having nightmares... fuck your nightmares and htfu is what I say. otherwise you'll sleep outside. I have a good winter sleeping bag for you.

took me a while to find the character map in windows 10... but I did.

have a good day everyone.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Masonic conspiracy wingdings? :panic:

Morning! I am totally devoid of any energy. Can't even get myself to work on my new bike when I come home from work. :dead: Moar bong shed?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Woke up early enough for a double espresso before my 5:30 computrainer class and proceeded to crush souls.
I hate working out indoors but this program is fun and motivating despite the suffer meter staying at 11 for 1.5hrs.

Long day ahead with a 3.5hr building license class tonight that lasts until 9:30.
I'll need lots of caffeine to make it through awake, immediately followed by copious bongshedding to get to sleep once back home.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Managed to get the garage springs replaced last night without death or dismemberment. Always a pleasant surprise when you repair something and it works just as it should.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I think I broke my left index finger tip last night. No garage door springs were involved. It is swollen, purple and very hurty. Will treat with beernesthesia tonight.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Woke up early enough for a double espresso before my 5:30 computrainer class and proceeded to crush souls.
I hate working out indoors but this program is fun and motivating despite the suffer meter staying at 11 for 1.5hrs.

Long day ahead with a 3.5hr building license class tonight that lasts until 9:30.
I'll need lots of caffeine to make it through awake, immediately followed by copious bongshedding to get to sleep once back home.
wimp. I had three doubles before leaving the house.

I then had the bad idea to run my kid to daycare (he's in the chariot) for the first time ever, the day after a thaw, with a light dusting of snow on top of the hidden ice. :think: I don't really save any time since I have to shower at the office, but if it allows me to get some exercise during the week, it might be worth it.

@SkaredShtles , they're in the same place really, except they have different names. "All Programs" are called "Apps" now, and instead of being filed under "Accessories", they're filed under "Windows Accessories". I guess Microsoft likes to keep us on our toes... but I can't complain, Windows 10 has been good to my 4 year old laptop so far. I've noticed a slight (but appreciated) increase in performance.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
My computer keeps harassing me to "upgrade" to Windows 10.

Is it a tarp?

Oh, and we bought a house. Eep.
I actually really really like the new Windows 10. I even have an 5-6 year old laptop at home which did a fresh install on via USB stick and it runs much better than it did on Windows 7.

Back on the bike today. Sloppy with slush and melting snow and crazy traffic. Still better than having to sniffing stinky homeless guys on the subway.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Perhaps you would be better off with an Amiga.
NeXT for life, yo. Oh wait. OS X it shall be, after all. :D

I had weird-ass dreams last night. (Not about weird asses, Westy.) Part that I remember involved my parents owning some dilapidated, huge wood beam construction hotel? random giant flat-sided building? in Eastern Washington and my wife meeting me there, with only one (?) kid in tow. We then were going to go to dinner and I was worried my retired parents would try to pay.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
quoting Admiral Ackbar in the Lego Movie Yoda Chronicles: well duh!

congrats on the house. where?
Thanks. North Van. We're pretty excited. Will be some great space for our boys, and well, I guess there's some decent riding nearby.

I fear new carbon bikes and XTR bits are part of my past, however... There will be some adjustments...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Congrats! You should throw a party this summer and invite all of us.
this.
Thanks. North Van. We're pretty excited. Will be some great space for our boys, and well, I guess there's some decent riding nearby.

I fear new carbon bikes and XTR bits are part of my past, however... There will be some adjustments...
yeah, I've heard about those trails... sure beats the West Island. I'd rather be in North Van with an older bike, than in Montreal with a fancy new bike!

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark

That sounds amazing. Well hold onto your bike and take good care of it until resources are looking better. An the irony you will live in North Van but no money for new bike parts and not time to ride.

Talking to the wife last night we were thinking about dropping Denmark and flying into Seattle and then driving to BC. We will make a stop over at your house for sure. Got a good guest room?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Interesting drive in this morning. Watched a guy in raised GMC 2500HD almost go off the road.

When I was trying to merge into his lane (while over a car length ahead of him and signalling) so I could take the on-ramp, he gunned it to block me once I was halfway into the lane. I just gunned it to avoid getting hit and he decided to sit a few feet off my bumper going into the on-ramp. Given the distance from my bumper, I was unable to really slow down for the corner, so I just took it at speed. It's a decreasing radius, slightly off-camber turn that I have gotten very familiar hitting at speed, so I was not concerned about making it. Genius however, decided to follow me through the corner at full speed, while hitting the brakes when he realized it was too fast. He ended up two wheels off and less than a foot from going into a 5ft deep ditch. All I could do was shake my head and laugh.

Otherwise, still more problems with the cancelled Puerto Rico vacation. We're past the cancellation deadline without penalty. Thankfully we paid in points, but at the same time, points are worth money. Still trying to sort out how to get out without losing points. Also having trouble changing the flights once on in Puerto Rico. Massive PITA.

And to add insult to injury, Schwab coded my 2015 IRA contributions as before tax (despite being after tax) and are showing my Roth conversion as taxable. Painful. Second year they have messed this up.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

14 mile run turned into a slow, painful, 6 mile run. Think I've been over doing it. Running into work on Friday was a 3 mile increase in one go. Probably a dumb move. Think I'll just go easy the rest of the week and try for 14 again next Wednesday. Gonna be pretty nice today, I should go outside and do something.

My computer tells me 11 million people already have... McDonald's has severed over 1 billion and most of them are dead. I would proceed with caution.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
:wave:

14 mile run turned into a slow, painful, 6 mile run. Think I've been over doing it. Running into work on Friday was a 3 mile increase in one go. Probably a dumb move. Think I'll just go easy the rest of the week and try for 14 again next Wednesday. Gonna be pretty nice today, I should go outside and do something.

Who are you, who are so wise in the ways of science?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Today is the day that I have to report all of my Microsoft licensing crap. Trying to understand some of Microsoft's terms and what each license is for is going to cause me to commit myself permanently to the bong shed. :banghead:

On the plus side, I'm taking this opportunity to build a proper inventory...

AND COFFEE! Now where is that poop....

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Just booked a last-minute "weekend getaway" trip to Jackson Hole. $168 R/T leaving Friday night and returning Monday morning early enough I don't even need to take PTO. Add in a friend with a guest room who's willing to schlep us from/to El Aeropuerto and BAZINGA!

The crystal ball is looking like this was a good choice:

@rideit I think we're gonna Ski teh 'Ghee on Saturdee then JH for Sunday Funday... you around for a lap or two or a beer or five? Not sure what my actual itinerary is but might be able to meet up. Friends I'm staying with are over in Drictor.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
When I was trying to merge into his lane (while over a car length ahead of him and signalling) so I could take the on-ramp, he gunned it to block me once I was halfway into the lane. I just gunned it to avoid getting hit and he decided to sit a few feet off my bumper going into the on-ramp. Given the distance from my bumper, I was unable to really slow down for the corner, so I just took it at speed. It's a decreasing radius, slightly off-camber turn that I have gotten very familiar hitting at speed, so I was not concerned about making it. Genius however, decided to follow me through the corner at full speed, while hitting the brakes when he realized it was too fast. He ended up two wheels off and less than a foot from going into a 5ft deep ditch. All I could do was shake my head and laugh.
i bet he felt like an ass.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
PowerShell always drove me nuts.
The syntax seems odd, in that sometimes it is flexible and other times its not. But I still think its better than trying to do something complicated in a batch script. Not that I have a ton of experience with scripting...

The next project is to use one of these Raspberry Pi's as a MySQL/Apache host and input terminal, to log access to one of my server rooms.